pafp MIRACLE WALKER - gift giving

CHESTNUTSPLASH.

HOP, STEP, JUMP!
Feb 18, 2023
There was something about him that was just... different from the other cats she was friends with, nor was it like the almost familial bond she had with Softkit. It was strange, completely different than what she wasused to, but not unwelcome. She gave gifts often, but this felt different too. Chestnutsplash wasn't really sure why it felt so different, but she was curious to see how this feeling would change if she continued onward.

With a mouth full of feathers, they approached the dark-furred brute before gently setting down their gift. "Hey. These are for you. Maybe they'll make your bedding a little softer, or they can just look pretty beside it. I don't really know, ahaha.. But I figured if they could make it more comfortable, it'd be easier for you to sleep, y'know? So I've been saving feathers from my last few meals." Though, their pelt felt a little hot - maybe they shouldn't have bother. With nervous laughter, they added one more thing. "You don't need to accept them, I just figured I'd offer! I'll take them myself, even!"

Now where had all her confidence gone off to?

// please wait for @YOUKAI | DUSKPOOL

"Speech"

MY YELL WILL REACH YOU ALL!

Reactions: ThistleBack
.anger makes you stupid ———

duskpool_posting_template_photo..png

——— stupid gets you killed.
———————— ————————
DUSK STARED AT THE FEATHERS WITH WIDE copper-molten hues, blinking several times. He had been laying near the warrior’s den, willing his body to have the strength to make it to his make-shift nest when Chestnut came, settling a mouth full of feathers near his brutish frame. He wasn’t expecting that—What the fuck. His mind reeled, barely catching what the other was saying until he calmed his expression, zeroing in on the other. Huh. He never particularly liked gifts, but he wasn’t awful when he got them. Awkward, maybe, but he wasn’t an asshole.

Maybe he was an asshole, but Dusk wouldn’t open that can of worms. No fucking thank you. He shook his helm, offering the smaller feline a weak-willed grin in thanks. “... I appreciate it.” He mumbled, reaching out a paw to shuffle them closer to his frame. “You … didn’t have to.” He muttered, tail flickering. He could use some more feathers. It was a practical gift. He didn’t mind those as much.

thoughts speech

Uneventful. Uninteresting. Astonishingly ignorable, the act of gift giving. Dowry's placed at the feet of those who did not deserve them, for there were few who ever would, but the divine. Not unless you owed an apology... and he supposed the reasons for such could be infinite, indeed. He hardly finds the exchange worth a passing glance, but his eyes cannot help but pick up on the tiniest hint of color, flashing in the very sun. And to a soul so drab? His heart ached at the sight, and suddenly, a detour is being drawn in the dirt; path to his den abruptly curving...

He eyes the bundle as if there was nothing else in the world worth looking at. The two bodies beside him are hardly acknowledged. He knows not who they are, and does not care to. All it took was a twitch of the whiskers and breath of Her air to know that, it would be going to waste, in this one's care The tom hardly finds it in himself to feign a remorseful drawl. "Aw, sounds like he doesn't want it. I will take it."

"She would have given it to you if she wanted you to have it." Orangeblossom meows to Dawnglare through a mouthful of moss, shooting their healer her usual look of disdain. Attention snaps to the feathers laid at Duskpool's paws, unaware of her own intrusion on the moment occurring between the two warriors, and she offers a grunt of acknowledgement. "You should take 'em, Duskpool, they'll be soft. It'll get you a good night of sleep."

•  
  • orangeblossom.png
    orangeblossom. tags.
    — she/her, skyclan deputy.
    — mentor to eveningpaw.
    — attack in #e08550. uses trees as an integral part of her fighting style.
    — mean enough to note that her thoughts don't reflect my opinions as a writer haha.
    — penned by mercibun; @ me in any official tabbytales discord for plots. :]
    — art by merc!<3

It did feel a little different - but they couldn't put their paw on why or how. It just was. Maybe it was because they thought it out more, a practical gift - Duskpool didn't sleep much so the feathers could possibly help. Though, he definitely didn't seem all too thrilled - didn't seem like the type to take charity, gift or not.

Dawnglare approached and then Orangeblossom did as well - the higher ups were intruding upon her moment! It wasn't a big deal though, it was just an experiment, an experiment that had... some results?

Chestnutsplash huffed, a slight hint of annoyance in their voice - mostly directed at Dawnglare. "They're not my feathers anymore - Duskpool can do whatever he wants with them - if he says you can have them, go ahead. I don't care." Usually, they didn't get annoyed or snippy, but for some reason, they... they were feeling a little off.

She sighed, stalking off - maybe a walk would clear her head? Either way, she was tired, she had done the task she set out to do, so her mission was accomplished.

// out! even though it's been. over a week. Whoops!

"Speech"

MY YELL WILL REACH YOU ALL!