misty memory [ howling ]

olivepaw

sanguine
Oct 16, 2022
She's never been any good at tree climbing, and shes lucky she avoided teaching Fireflykit because it would have been terribly scuffed, but on the other hand, she had been excited about teaching something new to someone. Fortunately, Howling had been nearby when cats dispersed, so she had asked and the deputy had accepted. She feels special, getting training from the deputy, but its obvious that she lacks her boisterous shine, with pursed lips and tension so heavy in her shoulders.

They make their way to the forest, with Olive quietly trailing behind her until they stop. "So, I have trouble getting my paws in a good foothold." she figured she could start off with what she has trouble with, but the events weigh so heavily in her mind that the normally happy apprentice puffs out a small sigh, putting her front paws against the tree. "Sorry..." she trails off, resting her head against the trunk before she shakes her pelt, trying to regain that shine in her eyes. "Why does Shadowclan seem so pushy? Have they always been like this? Do you know?" she flicks her tail, deciding to talk about the things on her mind as Howling instructed her on what to do next.

// @HOWLING WIND
"speech"​

Howling Wind trails behind the apprentice, gentle smile upon her face as she watches her approach the tree. "No matter, just focus on getting a good grip with your paws. Keep your body close to the tree trunk or you'll fall in no time," She instructs, giving a nod for her to attempt it. It seems the chatty molly can't keep comfortable with silence, however. She instantly brings up ShadowClan, and the deputy's tail twitches. Pursing her lips, she casts green eyes towards the sky before mewing, "They're....stubborn. Bull-headed. It's difficult to survive in the marshes - trust me, I would know. I think they're that way because...well, they have to do what it takes, just like we do. But they have less herbs, less prey. A slight against them is bigger because of that." She pauses, her gaze finding Olivepaw once more before she adds on, "Attacking their medicine cat was a mistake for that reason."