private MOON SONG ✦ fallowpaw

tansyshine

moonlight on the river
Jun 1, 2023
It had entered the camp with the rest of the code breakers. Skyclan scent had wafted in and she knew what they had done. I couldn't be mad, dies on the tip of her tongue. I could never be mad at you, because as icicle eyes fluttered towards it's face her heart had squeezed and words had caught in her throat. Bloodied, didn't look deep and yet- She was a coward because she had hung her head, shed tears left unseen by others, and backed straight in to the nursery.

She sees it. The tiny little kit it had used to be, laying in the nest. And it all happened so fast, an apprentice ceremony. And now... It's grown, the kitten fluff lost. Breathe in and out and then she speaks.

"Fallowpaw." foreign, but familiar, spoken with a gentle tone; cautious undertone, as if she were afraid to overstep her childs boundaries. The queen is all too afraid of this and yet she never was afraid of the child tucked so carefully under her care. Worry is a silly thing and that is exactly what it does: it makes you afraid, and Tansy is well acquainted with the feeling. "Do you have a moment," my darling, "I haven't eaten today... Would you like to share, with me?" she pats the dirt besides her with a paw, tilting her chin up just slightly to get a good look at it. The squirrel lays almost forgotten between her paws in the midst of morning haze. She hasn't been hungry lately, most appetite lost to the ebbing tides of emotion. It's just a reminder we're alive, she has to remind herself.

If Fallowpaw chooses to settle, she'd offer a smile. If not, she speaks regardless, almost desperate to keep its presence around. "Are you... okay...?" motherly instincts cry to cradle its face in her paws, bury her own on top of its head. Never let the moments slip through flailing claws again. Somethings require work... And this was never not worth the patience and the love she gave. She'd sit here in silence, if needed.

She'd sit in silence for the rest of the day if daily duties were understanding.

• @FALLOWPAW
  • 67280469_cYBKdIwrnwOMWBs.png
    tansy, tansyshine
    cis female ,, she/her ,, 44 months
    permaqueen of thunderclan ,, in care of
    fluffy cinnamon solid she-cat with low white and ice blue eyes
    "speech, a789cf" ,, thoughts
    bisexual ,, taken
    smells like freshly pressed flowers, moss & milk
    chibi by pin ,, penned by chuff