MOONLIGHT. sable

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

chilledstar could appreciate a hardworking cat as much as the next. hell, they were a cat who worked harder than most. they went to bed late, and woke up early. they had more responsibilities than the rest, and they weren't going to get done by them lazing around all day. they found very little time to just rest– not that they wanted to anyways. always something to be done. always things to do. things they needed to do. so it was easy to spot just how much sabletuft worked. always on patrols, always cleaning or helping. when did the tom sleep? they appreciated it, sure, but he wouldn't be good to anyone if he was dead. they looked over at the rest of the patrol before they made their way beside sabletuft. gently nudging his shoulder, they motioned in a different direction.

"hey. wanna split off from the patrol? i think they've got it handled from here."

they were trying to make it a suggestion, but they weren't going to allow for him to continue. he needed to just rest... even if it was just for the night.

@S A B L E T U F T

can we leave it behind? A patrol spent mostly silent, eyes focused ahead and tail low to the ground. The work kept his mind busy, kept him from diving too far into his thoughts. With the presence of his Clanmates around, its easier to find distractions. Even though he hadn't said much at all, he did enjoy the conversation his peers shared. Gentle noise to fill the air.

Chilledstar's gesture took him by surprised, turning to look at them. He deflected from meeting their icy stare, but nodded his head in agreement. Even if he wanted to say no, he couldn't. Sabletuft could never dare to outright deny the words of a leader, if led by mere suggestion. His paws followed where Chilledstar motioned toward. "Is there something wrong this way?" He questioned, glancing around in case he hadn't noticed anything out of place.— tags

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

"hm? no. nothing like that."

the leader moved to stop. they briefly look up at where there is no coverage by trees to block the stars. their nose twitched as they try to stake out any danger and with no scent of such in the air, they move to lay on the ground, gesturing to sable for him to do the same.

"you're overworking yourself."

they wait for the inevitable response of "you too." it was rather hypocritical for chilledstar to even say, as if they didn't run themselves past the point of ragged to try and keep everything moving and going within the clan. ever since it'd been made shadowclan, their home was always first. they never came first. they couldn't. everyone else had to be, and that was even more true with them being leader.

"come. star watch with me. just relax. im not gonna bite your head off or anything. I appreciate what you do, but you're no good to me if you're dead."

can we leave it behind? There's little reassurance at their report. If it's nothing sinister from the end of something outside the two of them, that meant they were about to speak on its opposite. Either, Chilledstar was about to reveal something of themself, or Sabletuft was the main concern. He had a solid feeling it was the latter.

His eyes turned up at the exposed starry sky for a few moments when they came to a stop. There were several things Sabletuft would assume Chilledstar was speaking to him about. His lack of devout, spoken support in StarClan maybe. He wasn't the most outspokenly devoted follower. His failures to Loampaw perhaps? He had hardly gotten further than Halfshade already had in skill, aside from a helpful added dose of frustration given Sabletuft's standards.

The smallest, tiniest part of him entertained this could have been about Sunnyday. But that wasn't thought on for very long at all as Chilledstar had graciously announced their actual concern.

Sabletuft looked at them, surprised, but joined lay parallel to them. "I think this may be the first I've ever heard a command to not work." He said in jest, but of course obliged. Sabletuft felt he had rolled the dice of death too many times to kick it from lack of rest. But maybe that's the only thing left that could take him down at this point. "Is there instruction with relaxing? I think you might have the least-experienced warrior for that skill." tags