camp moonlit playtime ღ prompt/hide and seek

Thriving in the night has always been something that is uniquely known to Whitekit for as long as she remembered. The night hours were safe, they were peaceful, but they were also... lonely. She knew the other kits didn't really mind staying up late, as proven by the fun they had looking and hunting fireflies several days ago. However, she also figured her denmates would simply sleep through the evening if there wasn't anything interesting to do. She did have a small idea, and it was best to raise it now while some of her denmates hadn't settled to sleep yet. "Would anyone like to play hunt the hares?" She raised the question into the quiet den, her tone soft enough to not disturb the resting queens but still vocal enough to be heard by others.
[I'M BREATHING]

Last edited:

IMG_0268.png
Harrierkit had been trying to nap, he still got up early so it was common he laid down in the midst of today. However, he was fairly restless today and couldn’t seem to fall asleep, but what else was there to do when nothing was going on in camp? Things have been pretty quiet in the kit world while adults whisper and plan advancing on RiverClan.

His ears perk up, intrigued at Whitekit’s invite to a game. ”Maybe,” the Tom-kit meows gruffly from his nest, ”Whats the game about?”

IMG_0274.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )
🪶 ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, male — he / him
╰ ‣ 2 moons . pisces. ages on the 14th
╰ ‣ windclan kit . believes in starclan

🪶 ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells of the earth and dry grass , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue and brown chimera . average sized WindClanner . yellow eyes

🪶 ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Chaotic neutral
╰ ‣ self-reliant, loyal, disciplined, direct, impatient, unsympathetic, judge mental
╰ ‣ finds moderate difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, but typically displays mercy

🪶 ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· WEASELCLAW x SOOTSTAR, sister to Windstrider, Sootchaser, Moorkit, Adderkit, Bluekit & Cottonkit
╰ ‣ nephew to Mintshade & Bluepool
╰ ‣ sexuality unknown
╰ ‣ apprentice to TBD
╰ ‣ poor fighter . poor hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

She perked up at Harrierkit's partial agreement, flicking an ear as she pondered a good way to explain her games. "There are two teams," She started softly before continuing on. "Hunters and Hares. Hares have to hide for a certain amount of time, and Hunters need to use that time to catch them." She didn't usually speak this much in one sitting. It felt weird, somewhat. "That's the basic idea, though if any cat has other suggestions.." She trailed off, shrugging loosely as she kneaded the moss below her snowy paws.
[I'M BREATHING]

He had never heard of this game but he was always happy to play. The lilac kitten wandered forward, ears pricked upward to the explaination and he sat down next to Harrierkit with a smile to indicate he was also here to have fun too. Petalkit raised both paws, covered his eyes with them and then peeked through them with a show of teeth in a grin, he hoped it was clear that he was offering to be one of the hares first. Based on the rules, he was probably better at hiding than he was at chasing since he was so quiet and his pale lilac brown fur blended in well with the tall grass and the thickets around the camp. He knew he wasn't very fast, so chances are if he was left to chase someone he would not be able to catch them and it would just be a losing game on his end. Better to lean to ones skills? At least that's what he heard most cats did! It's why they had moor runners and tunnelers!

Cottonkit doesn't think she's grown out of kitten games yet. She justifies this one easily - it's like an assessment! - and shuffles over to join the ranks with the other kittens. Her brother still seems a bit apprehensive, so she pitches him a sly smile, "If y'catch me, Harrierkit, then you can have my half of the mouse tonight." Her promise is as good as any, she thinks, and she firmly seats herself with Petalkit. Two hares thus far! Surely her brother would take the bait and be a hunter, right?​

IMG_0268.png
He supposed it sounded fun, so long as he got to be a hunter, he was no hider! ”I’m in, but I’m going to be a hunter.“ He meows, not exactly asking for permission and instead outright claims the role. He wonders if he’d get a partner or if it’d be him scrambling about trying to find all his nursery-mates. Well regardless, I’m sure it’ll be easy.

His gaze slides over Petalkit and right onto the runt of his litter, he playfully smirks, ”I think you should give me all of it if I catch you, but okay. Half.” He agrees with a firm nod. ”Are you going to be a hare too? …And Petalkit?” The question is aimed at Whitekit, not even considering Petalkit had his own ways of answering for himself.

IMG_0274.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )
🪶 ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· HARRIERKIT, male — he / him
╰ ‣ 3 moons . pisces. ages on the 14th
╰ ‣ windclan kit . believes in starclan

🪶 ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells of the earth and dry grass , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue and brown chimera . average sized WindClanner . yellow eyes

🪶 ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Chaotic neutral
╰ ‣ self-reliant, loyal, disciplined, direct, impatient, unsympathetic, judge mental
╰ ‣ finds moderate difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel

🪶 ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· WEASELCLAW x SOOTSTAR, sister to Windstrider, Sootchaser, Moorkit, Adderkit, Bluekit & Cottonkit
╰ ‣ nephew to Mintshade & Bluepool
╰ ‣ sexuality unknown
╰ ‣ apprentice to TBD
╰ ‣ poor fighter . poor hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

She's never heard of this Hunters and Hares game, but it intrigues her anyway. Amber gaze lifts to look at her denmates, ears twitching as she listens to Whitekit's explanation. It sounds easy enough, kind of like... kind of like a game she and Kestrel used to play back at the barn. Sparrowkit had always been good at finding in those sort of games, though it might be different now - a world of hiding places she had yet to learn about.

"Can... Can I play too?" she finally asks after a moment's hesitation. "I'll... I'll be on whatever team you need!"