sensitive topics mouth full of white lies // lux

◇​ I FOUND A MARTYR - HE TOLD ME THAT I'D NEVER ◇​

siltcloud & 16 moons & female & she/her & shadowclan warrior

Perhaps, siltcloud thinks despondently, her grief has finally driven her to madness. She can't think of anything else, really, even as she stare up at the form of the much larger fleien hovering over her skeletal frame, blood dripping down upon her, and see's the intent to kill in their eyes. Why else would she have put herself in this situation, when she was usually so much more cautious about her actions.

It had been hard enough when poppypaw had died, fear sinking it's teeth into her for weeks. She's nearly ripped her claws out entirely with her chewing, an naious habit she still finds herself unable to break. A comforting sort of pain, security in the knowledge she is alive because she can still feel pain. But when it'd been loampelt laying there, cold at her side, she'd shattered. And so,perhaps it is madness that has over taken here - or maybe, she's simply seeking penance.

She'd spotted the bulky stranger from the rooftop easily enough, danced her way down the railings to pick a fight. Pelt heavy with carrionplace scent, masking her identity the same way her brashness masks the pain and grief she feels inside. At first, things had been fine, a few blows passed between, nothing too concerning. But when five-clawed paw had sunk deep into the toms shoulder, he'd turn his full wrath upon her - pinning her with the intent to kill.

Perhaps she really will die here - if she does, will she see them again? She can only hope.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: Feel free to powerplay chasing off the loner attacking her <3 @LUX
    tw/cw: mentions of death, greif, nail biting, and warriors typical battle violence
  • A dust hued cinnamon tabby with white markings and sage green eyes. Her fur is dull and unkept, her figure frail and slight, and she most notably has five toes upon each of her four paw. With the death of loampelt, something within siltcloud seems to have changed - no longer is she as soft-spoken as before, instead easily snapping at her clanmates and throwing herself into training her apprentice.

physically medium && mentally hard
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not-allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ddadaf]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

Reactions: TATTEREDLIGHT
just because i carry it so well doesn't mean it's not heavy .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
One paw in front of the other. He reminded himself with malnourished legs threatening to buckle. He wasn’t that weak. Of course, he wasn’t sure where he was going, wandering with no real sense of truth, searching for whatever his heart led him to—apparently, that was walking dangerously close to the edge of some rickety roof that just about threatened to send him tumbling off like a potato rocket.

He hoped he wouldn’t face another one of those sneeze-inducing brooms, already feeling the numbing pain it brought. He huffed, rubbing his nose. If I get whacked anymore, my nose is going to fall right off my face. He couldn’t help but whine at the thought. He liked his nose! Well. He wondered what he’d looked like with a squashed face and he nearly tipped himself off the roof with a horrific shriek, odd eyes wide in horror. Certainly not!

If cats weren’t already making fun of him for being creepy, that would certainly be the cherry on top of a very disgusting ice fudge sundae. He sighed bitterly, ignoring the tiredness that pulled at broken bones. He couldn’t really change people’s minds about him, but it still hurt, even if Lux played it off with a laugh, smiling brightly because really it wasn’t their fault that he was born with such an … odd trait.

Don’t be silly Lux. It was well deserved, wasn’t it? Shaking his helm, Lux banished those thoughts to the deepest, darkest part of his mind that groaned, threatening to burst at the seams. He’d deal with it another day! Or never. He kind of liked the thought of never opening that so there’s no use to linger! He’d be fine. He’d always been fine, even if the ground felt like it was being ripped out from underneath him. Oh, stop pitying yourself, Lux.

He stumbled, ears perking at the noticeable signs of fighting sending him into a mad dash across the roof, willing his legs to go faster until he nearly took a tumble spotting the molly pinned by a larger tom. His hackle rose, optics blazing.

Lux said nothing, spiraling off the roof with a rumbling snarl, teeth bared, gone was that childish wonder, replaced with the need to protect no matter what might happen. Someone was in danger and Lux wasn’t about to sit idly by and watch it happen. No. Not on his watch.

He didn’t like violence. It made his skin prickle like pins and needs—numbing. He didn’t like it at all, but he remained determined, using his lanky form to appear bigger, teeth bared with the haunting sound of a snarl ripping out from a shallow chest. “Don’t make me hurt you.” He sneered, expression dead serious. Leave. He didn’t know what happened, but there was never a reason to spill unnecessary blood. He could see the tom contemplate, weighing his chances because Lux didn’t look all that threatening. Nothing but a bag of bone and flesh, odd eyes boring into the tom, claws tapping against the rough pavement beneath his calloused paws.

For a pregnant pause, Lux really thought he’d have to fight, but the other vanished, drawing a relieved sigh from the younger male, turning to face the molly with visible concern. “He didn’t break the skin, did he?” He padded closer, eyebrows pinched. Even if she was injured, he wouldn’t know what to do, leaving a bitter taste in his mouth. Useless. His mind sneered unpleasantly. “Oh. My name’s Lux! Are you sure you’re alright? I’d be terrified out of my fur if something like that happened!” He laughed, optics crinkling. Of course, that was a lie, but he wasn’t about to babble about his past to a stranger.
thought speech

She doesn't die - and for a moment, she can't figure out if that's a good thing or not. Dull green eyes blink slowly, a blank stare as she peers at an unfamiliar face. Cream fur littered with scares, and strange blue eyes - not that she does more than just take note. She's never been one to judge based on appearances, not really - her own stick-figure frame is hardly pleasing to the eye either, and she's long given up on ever being considered beautiful. "Tank you-?" it comes out as more of a question than anything, as she finally rolls over, pulling herself to her paws with a shake. A glance across her body is enough to know she's not to badly hurt - nothing worth seeing starlingheart for at least, so today has not been a waste. Though she avoids eye contact, head tipped under pretense of checking herself over, she can't help but cast a few darting glances his way when he speaks - a strange sort of curiosity taking over her.

What must it be like, to be so willing to help a stranger? He'd not even ask why they were fighting, not stopped to consider maybe she'd been the one trying to kill to begin with - what a mystery. For the first time in days,she feels a spark of - something. Amusement maybe? Fascination? Whatever it is, she finally turns green eyes upon him once more, head tipping to the side as she speaks quietly. "I'm alright - I'm... siltcloud," she speaks slowly words uncertain - she's not told anyone outside of the clans her real name on these ventures, and doing so feels almost strange. But... what is there to lose? It's not as though a loner is going to tattle on her. "Do you do that often? Save strangers, I mean?" he certainly looks like he does - but, well, appearances can be deceiving. Just look at her.

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • A dust hued cinnamon tabby with white markings and sage green eyes. Her fur is dull and unkept, her figure frail and slight, and she most notably has five toes upon each of her four paw. With the death of loampelt, something within siltcloud seems to have changed - no longer is she as soft-spoken as before, instead easily snapping at her clanmates and throwing herself into training her apprentice.

non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not-allowed

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
He shuffled, expression borderline sheepish, masking anything else to watch the other do a self-check, helm bobbing. “No worries!” He didn’t know why they always thanked him, but Lux didn’t let that thought simmer for long, focusing on the quiet introduction with curious optics, appearing far creepier than he realized as they widened. Slitcloud? He remembered a few other cats had some odd names, but he supposed Lux was a bit weird to now that he thought about it. “Oh! Didn’t think you’d—” He bit the inside of his cheek, nearly hitting his head against something hard at his stupidity. Idiot. “Enough about what I thought, it’s nice to meet you Slitcloud! Maybe under better circumstances, but I’m glad you're alright.” He really was glad.

The cream-ticked tabby shifted, grinning bashfully at the spot-on statement. “You caught me there!” He would have rubbed his nape, but that wouldn’t have gone well, laughing softly. “Never felt right ignoring someone that might need help.” He supplied with a shrug of his shoulders, optics crinkling. Of course, he knew that would get him killed, but Lux didn’t have the heart to care as long as he did something, even if it was a punishment for the things he’d done or will do, but the tom would never admit that to anyone but within the darkest parts of his mind.

He wanted to ask why she was out there and why it looked like she wasn’t fighting back, but Lux didn’t think he had the right. “I know this is—” He paused, humming. “Do you have somewhere to go?” He finally decided on.
thought speech

Siltcloud misses most of lux's expression, gaze averted as it always is - perhaps if she hadn't, she'd notice just how awkward he's being. But right now she's lost in her own discomfort, and this unfamiliar curiosity. He doesn't even think to question her name - but then again she remembers belatedly, cats like yewberry and the rest of windclans exiles roam these areas just as often, so perhaps he's simply unfamiliar with the fact she shouldn't be here. Oh - then again, she suposes she doesn't smell much like a shadowclanner right now either.

She must be really out of it, to be forgetting such things so easily. It takes a moment for her to refocus, almost missing what he asks - does she have somewhere to stay? The questions almost funny - until she remembers that there's nothing waiting for her at home but a grave and a friend she can only speak to through a wall.

".... I don't much feel like going home right now, to be honest," voice is quiet, barely a whisper, and she frowns at herself - her own irrationality has begun to bother her. She's always taken such pride in her maintained silence, in the fact she is smart and rational, that she can fool others so easily. And yet, all it'd taken was a little heartbreak to bring her walls crashing down, to leave her feeling like she cannot even breathe. She shakes her head, as though the motion might clear her mind. "And you? I don't suppose you were out here looking for damsels in distress - you must have had... better things to do before I interrupted," she questions - a distraction, an avoidance. Her problems don't seem so big, if only she can remember to forget them.

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
He hummed. “That’s alright!” He understood that more than anything. He didn’t really have much of a home when he was a kit, barely able to make most of the world before they abandoned him the second he opened his eyes. It hurt, knowing his parents didn’t want him, but he learned to pull through. Besides! They were stupid thoughts, and he didn’t have the time to figure them out, even now.

Lux shifted, grinning sheepishly. “No.” He admitted. “I wasn’t doing much of anything.” He shrugged, letting odd optics flicker, taking in the surrounding scenery. Nothing that stood out to him. It was all the same, but he did like watching the stars on those prickly fences the twolegs had. “I don’t really have a life.” His grin wavered, but only for a split second, keeping his tone light despite the heaviness in his chest.

“Hey, Slitcloud? Would you like to walk with me? I’m sure we can find something to do.” His helm titled. “I passed by this twolegs structure a little that way—” He pointed behind them. “It looked abandoned, maybe a bit of exploring?” He offered.
thought speech