pafp Mr. Owl || o. Bugging Gentlestorm

Fadingpaw

So many ways to see the sunrise
Apr 10, 2024

[ ༻ ☼ ༺ ] To her, Gentlestorm was big. Not only thst, the tom smelled funny, he had his own den just like their leader did, and hes always seen carrying around strange leaves or pretty flowers, so Fadingkit deemed him, the plant whisperer, because why else did he collect strange leaves and such? He must be friends with the plants beyond the walls of the camp right? So, the tiny kit wobbled over to the direction of where Gentlestorm had been taking a peaceful snooze when she got the greatest idea ever! She was much smaller than him, and even smaller than some of her denmates, so what other better way was there to get his attention but climb onto him?

Small paws began to prod at the bigger cat's shoulder before she finally (in her attempts) managed to get up, still partially dangling trying to push herself further onto the tom's back whe she noticed some rustling coming from the giant tom before her, making a soft chirp come from her maw, her blue eyes looking over at him. "Mister Gentlestorm! I uh..." quickly she slid off him, shuffling her paws a bit while her stumpy tail wiggled slightly. "Uhm... Are you friends with the plants beyond the walls of camp? I always see you with a bunch of leaves and flowers and you smell funny too" she explained, trying to distract him from her fail attempt at climbing up him, afterall her end goal was to ask him these silly little questions.

"Do you talk to them? Like a plant whisperer or something? And why are you named Gentlestorm when storms are mean?" she chirped, looking at the other. Despite mister plant whisperer being quite big, he was also very nice, much nicer than her own mama and papa, so he wasn't intimidating to her like leader was.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Fadingkit She/Her, Kit of Thunderclan, 3 moons.
    Stocky short flame point tabby she-kit with blue eyes and stubby tail, one floppy ear
    Crimsonsun x Shadedmoon
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Pls wait for @GENTLESTORM !! ))

esc1s8r.png

'CAUSE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BANK — He's been tired as of late with so many new kittens tumbling about and causing mischief within his den to the deaths of his clanmates. Gentlestorm thinks about how it weighs heavily upon him especially with the talk he had with Flamewhisker, he's become a therapist as much as a medicine cat and the thought alone makes a dry chuckle slip from his lips. He had found a comfortable spot in camp so that he may finally rest even if it may be temporary and the warmth of the sun bleeds into his coat rather comfortably despite his plush pelt. His eyelids felt heavy, his head beginning to bob gently as he starts to nod off, and he finally ends up falling asleep not hearing the small pawsteps that had approached him. Gentlestorm doesn't seem to budge when Fadingkit starts clambering on top of him and struggling to climb his shoulder, a soft groan slips from his jaws as he realizes someone's interrupting his sleep once more.

His eyes open slowly only to blink a few times to process what's happening and he doesn't find Doepaw kneading at him like she had that one time she stopped by his den. His copper gaze focusing on the flame point kitten that's Fadingkit and she pipes out a rather sheepish greeting while trying to play off that she hadn't just woke him up from a nap. These kittens were truly fortunate to be blessed with a very patient medicine cat that enjoyed the company of kittens since he's sure that the others likely didn't or rather, Dawnglare... Gentlestorm imagines every other healer being kind or patient to the youth of the clan. He greets her with a sleepy grunt only to lift a snowy dipped paw and rubs his eye with it to help with this groggy feeling, she begins to ask him questions. He can't help but squint at the first one trying to make sense of it, his snout wrinkles at her saying that he smells funny.

A mighty yawn leaves his jaws and his claws briefly dig into the soil underneath him, his tongue swipes over his teeth then he tilts his head to the side "You think I smell funny?" An innocent question but it starts to make the pale tom wonder if he truly smells too much of his herbs and he's half tempted to give his pelt a quick sniff but he doesn't. She keeps asking him questions that he tries to process with his exhausted mind and offers soft humming as he tries to answer them all. "I don't talk to them, no, they don't really talk to me either." My den would be a lot less lonlier if that was the case or I'd be seen as insane. He thinks to himself and can't help but snort when Fadingkit asks if he's some kind of plant whisperer, kittens are certainly silly that's for sure. "Rainstorms are gentle and good for the forest especially after a fire, they heal and soothe the burns. I had... I had a different name but Gentlestorm suited me a lot better, my mentor picked it for me." Would he mention his old name? Absolutely not. There was no point in doing so since these kits were born knowing him as Gentlestorm and not his hated name.

2pKSe0G.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿❀❀ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 2t95GvC.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    54 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

Spotting both Fadingkit and Gentlestorm across camp drew the dark tortoiseshell closer. Her mismatched ears swivel to catch bits and pieces of the conversation upon her approach. A smile lifted the corners of her maw as the kitten eased her way into their discussion. "I actually like the way Gentlestorm smells." Scorchedkit giggled while clambering atop a sun-warmed rock. "I don't know what it is, but I like this leaf the best." She trilled, batting gingerly at a soft green herb with a silver underside. Its scent is sweet and pleasant. A raspberry leaf, something the medic would have had plenty of experience with given the swollen size of the nursery.

Sitting back on her haunches, Scorchedkit's tail came to rest over her paws. "Do you have a favorite plant Gentlestorm?" She asked with a minor tilt of her head. Surely he must. Or maybe he didn't. There were so many different plants he worked with daily that perhaps it was too difficult to choose. She often found herself curious about Gentlestorm's den and all the wonders locked behind its wooden walls. But she knew it was off-limits to kittens and her thirst for curiosity would remain unsated for now.
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶   thunderclan kit / three months / she/her  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

It was talk of names that drew Thundergleam close; she adored the science of warrior names, or rather the spirituality of them. They were blessed, honoured aliases- given with meaning at every stage, and an honour to carry. Rosy-blinking eyes, the flutter of snowy lashes, and ghostly steps carried her presence- a silent sylph, drifting in the backdrop and cradled by the wafting perfume of the medicine den. "It is the great honour of a medicine cat to smell funny," Thundergleam joked, her voice a honeyed thing, sweet and small.

His mentor gave him his name- the distant name of ThunderClan's assumed medicine cat... it had been Berryheart, hadn't it? That was the name she had been expecting- and yet, she had also expected Emberstar, and hed thought there to be only one Warrior Code. Idly, Thundergleam wondered what in the world would be so cruel as to kill a medicine cat- if Berryheart had not fled, like his predecessor. It had been... Cinderfrost?

Perhaps she might ask Gentlestorm, in his blessed knowledge, at another time.

Feather-light paws picked through the shade- while Gentlestorm basked in the sun, Thundergleam's paleness kept her bowed beneath branches. What was different in their whiteness, she wondered...? Was it that he was a little greyed, freckled by light burnish? Scorchedkit's question earned a small, twinkling chuckle from her. "Perhaps he does, though maybe in sentiment rather than use. One cannot be too picky in matters of healing, I imagine?" She looked toward Gentlestorm again. "What is necessary would be the favourite at any given time, I would think. But I am no medicine cat."
penned by pin ☾

Deerkit hasn't interacted with the medicine cat Gentlestorm, his seen him around. Yes, but he hasn't really talked to the older tom. Following after his friend? friend Fadingkit around on her journey to the shade where the medicine cat was snoozing. He smelled all the strange scents Gentlestorm had clung on his pelt.

He saw the adult carry weird leaves, and nice looking flowers around. He doesn't get it, but it seems... peaceful. Hazel eyes stare at Fadingkit prod at the slumbering tom. Feathered ears swivel forward to see that Mr.Gentlerstorm had woken up from his friend's poking. The nervous young tom, stepped a paw in the den before slinking forward to stop next to Fadingkit. He was also interested in the weird plants. "I t-think.. Mr.G-gentlestorm smells nice." He mumbles out, curling his tail around his paws.

Deerkit gazes up at the longhaired adult, staring before he meows up at the older tom. "These plants s-smell fuh.. funny. I l-like em." He finishes with a firm nod, he likes the plant's funny looking colors and smells. It seems hard, to remember all the funny looking plants. The young tortie flicked an ear at an unknown voice, he lets out a small squeak from his maw. He whips his head around, scrunched up nose to look up at the newcomer. O-oh, it's the weird one. He turns his head back, towards Gentlestorm with a small tilt of his head. Angling an ear towards Scorcheskit's question on what plant is his favorite. Surely the medicine cat had a favorite plant right? "T-there's a lot of p-plants, to choose from.." He slowly plops himself on the ground, resting his head on his dark paws.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet
  • ( i can't handle it… ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ♰ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ DEERKIT.
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 4 MOONS & AGES EVERY 26TH.
    kitten of thunderclan | formerly a loner
    undecided / single / not looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a scrawny longhaired black/dark ginger tortie and white tom with hazel eyes.
    thoughts ; "Speech, ff7844" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like fresh caramelized apples & faint damp earth musk
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

[ ༻ ☼ ༺ ] Fadingkit looked back up to the medicine cat, her questions was met with one of her ones and she slightly nodded "It's different from the warriors, its not bad though" she said softly, and then he answered her other questions, he said he doesn't talk to the plants and nor did they talk to him...so why... does he catch plants? She tilted her head at him "So if you can't talk to them, then why do you keep them around? Do you like them?" she asked, and then he explained that storms could be gentle, explaining that rainstorms heal and soothes burns and she blinked a bit and shifted her paw to point at him before another question rolled from her maw "Like how you heal and soothe cat's pain?" she asked, at least she had some understanding to what he did.

Next to approach had been Scorchedkit, who expressed she liked the way Gentlestorm smell, and she smiled a bit at the other before nodding watching her clambering up a sun-warmed rock before pointing at a leaf and expressing it as her favorite. "I like the yellow flowers Gentlestorm brings in sometimes, they're pretty like the sun" next to approach had been Thundergleam, and she liked the strange molly, her gaze quick to land on the other as she explained that it was honorable that medicine cats smell funny, but she was sure the other was just joking which made her giggle slightly.

Lastly came Deerkit who even expressed his own fondness over Mister Gentlestorm's scent and even expressed some plants having a funny smell which she had to agree, and she wanted to meet them all but Gentlestorm didn't let them in their den, a shame because she wanted to say hello to the funny smelling plants. "Have you ever tried talking to them?" she asked Gentlestorm curiously.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Fadingkit She/Her, Kit of Thunderclan, 3 moons.
    Stocky short flame point tabby she-kit with blue eyes and stubby tail, one floppy ear
    Crimsonsun x Shadedmoon
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.