private musing through memories // green

❀​ OH HOME, LET ME COME HOME ❀​

periwinklebreeze & 14 moons & demi-boy & he/they & windclan moor runner

Periwinkle probably shouldn't be getting distracted, really, but it's not as though there's anything to do. Sleep evades him during both day and night alike, and so paws are left to wander while the others rest and chat. It's not a bad thing per say - but it certainly gets a bit dull. And so he takes to finding things, even knowing that he does not have the ability to take them home. Sometimes, it's a strange creature he's never seen before, only stared at from afar. Other times it's sharp-smelling plants that leave him feeling homesick, longing for those long past. This time, it's a rock - glimmering dully against the snow dust, pale surface speckled with yellow and gold hues. It makes him nostalgic almost, even in spite of his curiosity - he's never seen such a stone. "I wish I c-could take th-this with me, s-so pretty..." he murmurs absently - would gravelsnap have liked it if he had?

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: @GREENEYES
    tw/cw: —
  • a lithe figured black and white tom with a false-pointed pattern and clear blue eyes that gleam periwinkle in the right lighting. he seems perpetually worn and exhausted, with heavy bags beneath his eyes and a slouched posture. he has a speech impediment which leaves him with a stutter and sometimes even completely non-verbal, and his fluffy tail is adorned with carefully woven daisies.

physically medium && mentally easy && pacifist
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ccccff]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
His need to rest is replaced with a need to stretch his legs, to keep moving, to do something. Greeneyes has had ample time to rest, and now he needs to move.

Such a restless feeling would've been quelled with a run through the forest, back home. But the SkyClanner stands in the mountains, unfamiliar and sharp with danger. He can't just run off, can't just feel the breeze in his fur.

So, he too finds himself wandering - never too far from their makeshift camp, but enough to free his mind from excess worry, images of his home-bound sisters sick in the medicine den, his apprentice riddled with yellowcough, his best friend left behind to ease the clan of its worsening symptoms.

Home will soon come for Greeneyes, and for SkyClan - for the forest, the river, the moors - a cure.

A glint of light hits the corner of his eye and guides his paws to turn in its direction. It's glimmer - though soft - calls for his attention, just as it does night-pointed fur. Periwinklebreeze, Greeneyes recognizes the moor-dweller by now, and though Greeneyes is still wary of the tom's clan - his intimidating leader - the ginger tom thinks he is at least tolerable.

"Pretty," he echoes, peering over to look at their duel-pointed discovery. A rock, warm in its star-like glow. Just as Periwinklebreeze does, he wishes he could take it with him - a souvenir of the journey, a memory to settle beside at night, to share with later pine-born generations. The tom agrees with a nod of his head.

"It would've looked nice in my nest," he murmurs, picturing his gleaming collection back home. Was it still in place, or had it been swept up by now, just as Butterflytuft's nest had been by Dandelionwish, back when she was yet to return from the shelter? He tries not to imagine an empty spot where his nest lays in his den, thinking of the arrangement of his collection instead. Perhaps he would've put the rock beside Snowpath's cicada shell. "If only we could weave rocks in our fur, yeah? We could carry plenty back, then."
border2.png

• 70927026_mk0oT2Gc8QoWlIu.png

GREENKITGREENPAWGREENEYES, Warrior of SkyClan
    Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    — AMAB; He/Him
    — A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    — Mentored by Sheepcurl; Currently mentoring Falconpaw
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — Among SkyClan's first born, Greeneyes is a bright tom with an affinity for the world around him. Despite always seeking to be kind to others, the warrior believes he's cursed - a belief brought on by rhetoric that green is a deadly color.

❀​ OH HOME, LET ME COME HOME ❀​

periwinklebreeze & 15 moons & demi-boy & he/they & windclan moor runner

The sound of another startles him from his revere, and not for the first time periwinklebreeze finds himself suddenly remembering he is not alone on this journey. Smile is a bittersweet thing, timid and tired as he looks to greeneyes, head dipped to the side. "If only," he agrees - a light hearted wish, but one he truly means. If only. "D-d-do you c-collect rocks then? Or j-j-just... sometimes," peri is the 'sometimes' kind of cat - only keeping what others give him, instead focusing his attentions on giving. But... maybe greeneyes is like gravelsnap, only collecting the one type of object. It doesn't hurt to at least ask - a conversation starter as good as any.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • a lithe figured black and white tom with a false-pointed pattern and clear blue eyes that gleam periwinkle in the right lighting. he seems perpetually worn and exhausted, with heavy bags beneath his eyes and a slouched posture. he has a speech impediment which leaves him with a stutter and sometimes even completely non-verbal, and his fluffy tail is adorned with carefully woven daisies.

physically medium && mentally easy && pacifist
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ccccff]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

It would suit you, I think,” he tells him, blinking at the tom before him. “That rock - it sort of matches your fur.” Or, well, Greeneyes thinks so, at least. A thoughtful hum follows Periwinklebreeze’s question.

No, not really,” he tells him, paws moving to settle beside the moor runner. Though the SkyClanner has a collection settled into his nest, most of the items he cherishes are things gifted to him, rather than things he’d sought himself. Days of collecting were usually spent searching for gifts for others - items to bring smiles to faces in darker times. “Oh! I do have one rock. A friend gave it to me before I left for the journey.” An image of Sparrowsong’s rock sits in his mind, black and white - not nearly as shiny as the one that lays at his paws. Still, he holds it dear, despite its near-lack of a shimmer.

I do have other things, though. Like… my feather, and… oh- my clover.” Accessories he’d been careful to keep with him during the journey, woven by his tail, his ear. “Mostly shiny things, besides that. Do you collect anything?” he asks back, crooked tail swaying idly behind him. Perhaps he does, since he’d chosen to spend his time observing the rock.
border2.png

— AMAB; He/Him
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — Among SkyClan's first born, Greeneyes is a bright tom with an affinity for the world around him. Despite always seeking to be kind to others, the warrior believes he's cursed - a belief brought on by rhetoric that green is a deadly color.

I'M NO BURDEN - NOT SO WORTHLESS
BENT SO MUCH THAT I JUST MIGHT BREAK

periwinklebreeze 15 moons demi-boy he/they windclan moor runner

C1-B376-C9-9-A6-D-4-B87-AE0-B-C31-D1-A7918-BD.png
Compliments are a rare thing, always leaving him feeling pleasantly warm no matter who they come from. To get one from greeneyes is unexpected, but welcome. Blue eyes glimmer at the comparison, the smile on his lips bright and warm - " r-really? Thanks... " he's not sure he actually agrees, but it's nice to hear anyways.

Keen ears listen patiently to the tom sat beside him, head tipping to the side as tail curls about his frame. " I d-don't have any rocks - but... I have some th-things, g-g-gifts really, " a pause, one paw coming to touch daisy-strewn limb absentmindedly. " I... like g-g-giving things, I th-think. And sometimes... s-sometimes, they g-give things back. Mostly f-flowers - but I have a f-feather too. "

The mention of that particular gift leaves him breathless for a moment, chest squeezing tight. Never again will he be able to give snailstride such a gift, and never again will he get such a gift from them. " My- my friend- " Are they even friends anymore? Were they something more? He doesn't know, too much left unsaid, unable to move forwards for his own fears. " He collects r-rocks too - only rocks, I th-think. Has dozens of th-them, " his voice is a little to fond, but it's not something he notices, nor something he can help. The memory alone leaves him feeling fluttery and fuzzy, a smile on his face once more.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

T H E Q U E S T I O N S T H A T K E E P M E A W A K E

Last edited:

Greeneyes listens as the WindClanner speaks, a thoughtful expression settling on his face as Periwinklebreeze describes his collection. Gifts - Greeneyes assumes the flowers woven into the moor cat's dark tail is one of them - and feather too. A collection of things similar to his own - mostly bestowed upon him, rather than plucked from the ground by his own paws.

"I like gifting things too!" he agrees with a nod, briefly remembering the makeshift gift exchange he'd held before his apprenticeship ended - one of collected sticks and pinecones, of rocks and feathers found on restricted travels during dark times in the pine forest. Though they hadn't been the most extravagant items, the effort had made others happy, and in turn it made Greeneyes happy too. He'll have to do it again, if he finds his way home. When he finds his way home. "Too bad we can't bring much back - I bet there would be some great gifts around here."

Greeneyes blinks as Periwinklebreeze mentions his friend, ears twitching as he listens once more to the tom, as his mind drifts to Fireflypaw, if only or a moment. "Your friend sounds nice," he says, though he holds little information on the rock collector, "But... I thought only RiverClanners collected rocks like that - where does your friend keep them all?" Their lack of proper dens is still something the SkyClanner finds trouble grasping the idea of.

border2.png

— AMAB; He/Him
    — "Speech"; Attack