camp must be a bad connection | joint issues

FAWNCLOUD

*:・゚✧ this is dedicated to the one i love
Dec 10, 2022
kLSA78X.gif
"fawncloud, it's time to get up. you've almost slept the away the whole morning and we need another cat for our patrol." a gruff voice rouses the older man back into wakefulness, head lifting up from where it rested upon his paws to meet the gaze of aspenfall who seems to have a slight furrowed look upon their face that fawncloud notices has inklings of concern etched into it. "c'mon geezer, you aren't about to retire on me now are you?" their words don't hold any rudeness rather it's spoken in a light tease which the sepia responded with a playful scoff. "oh please, i'm as spry as a cricket!" a chocolate paw would come to cuff a tufted ear in a coltish manner before shooing them away with a promise that they were going to be out in a second.

pushing himself up into a sitting postion, there was brief second where a small shock of pain zipped through his limbs as if his muscles were pinched. fawncloud didn't think much of it other than just needing to get in a good stretch but when he finally slinked out from the warriors den it became quite noticable just how stiff and uncomfortable his body felt. there was an attempt made where he slid carefully forwards on lanky limbs, front half dipping lower towards the ground for a downwards stretch but the pain from just a few minutes ago reared back around a bit harsher this time causing an audible wince to fall from his lips.

"guess my limbs are feeling a little clunky today."

@BERRYHEART
|| no need to wait for them to post :)
[ LIFE HAPPENS WHEREVER YOU ARE. ]

dfkfdmq-ba5e648e-3fdd-4ae2-b8cc-39432d739976.gif
Ragwortpaw is tending to chores around the camp, a clump of moss hangs from her jaws. Bedding for the apprentice’s den, one of her den-mates had gotten sick in his own nest last night, and while he recovered she was placed with the task of getting new bedding laid down. Luckily she had not been the one who had to clean it up…

She slows when she passes by wincing Fawncloud who’d then proceed to mumble something about clunky limbs. While in reality Fawncloud was not elderly and just middle-aged, to the young girl he seemed ancient. It was a wonder he was not in the elders den and somedays she felt this way about their recently ascended leader.

Sympathy glows in her eyes and she shares a quiet look with the warrior, a smile can be seen through the moss she carries. Dropping it to her paws she says, ”Maybe retirement is near?” not realizing her attempt at a helpful suggestion could be viewed as insulting.

unknown.png

( secondary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· RAGWORTPAW, female — she / her
╰ ‣ named for her health & strength at birth .
╰ ‣ 6 moons . ages on the first
╰ ‣ thunderclan apprentice . loner born . believes in starclan

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, oak and maple trees , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue furred . long-hared . a very furry head, chest, and tail

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝​
EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Hufflepuff, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Kind-hearted . Honest . Loud .Justice-seeking . People-pleaser . Gullible . Empty-headed . Humorous
╰ ‣ Though she is all brawn and no brain, Ragwort tries her best and carries a bleeding heart to all whom surround her. She takes the role of "big sister" with her siblings and friends, never failing to have their backs, take care of them, and defend them when needed (sometimes even jumping the gun). While she doesn't offer the best emotional support (not due to a lack of trying) she gives the best hugs and is great at giving cats distractions with her shenanigans.
╰ ‣ finds minimal difficulty relating to others . wears a bleeding heart

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· GRIME x CINDERFROST, sister to toadpaw, prowlingpaw, hollypaw
╰ ‣ unknown sexuality.
╰ ‣ poor fighter . poor hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

☀ - WHILST MY HEART STILL BEATS
"Old age or a lumpy nest perhaps?" Sunnyday queried as he emerged from the warriors den a while after Fawncloud. He probably could have stayed in his own nest for a while longer but all the activity going on had ruined any chance of relaxing. Sympathy pinged through him as he took a moment to watch the other warrior struggle with stretches. There were certainly days where he too struggled with aches in his aging joints, but it was clear that it was becoming more extreme in Fawncloud's case.

Slowly he moved to draw up alongside the other feline as he offered his shoulder in support. "Perhaps you should come over to a patch of sunlight to warm up a bit before doing any more stretches." He wasn't sure what else to suggest beyond seeking Berryheart's advice, though he wasn't best pleased with Ragwortpaw's recommendation of the prospect of moving into the elder's den. "Ragwort, don't go saying that. It's not very nice." He lightly scolded with a shake of his head. "That's like saying I should retire!"

Would it do Fawncloud any kindness to know that he was not the only one nearing the comfortable nests of elder's den? For his age (which is even greater than the other's), the tabby warrior is still surprisingly spry. His eyes have an attentive wisdom to them, and he still holds much knowledge to pass on to their clan's young apprentices. This, of course, is what he tells himself each morning when getting up is done with unhappy, creaking bones. Hunting is not as difficult as it would be for the tom to actually retire from his duties, and so Owlear treks on with each day. He has just returned from a patrol himself when he catches the trouble before him. "It worries me, that you're all so opposed to old age!" Like the warrior that had poked at Fawncloud, there's nothing but mirth in the senior warrior's eyes. "I can't help but wonder what you all think of me." Ragwortpaw's got the right of it, he thinks. It wasn't something insulting. But he knows not everyone sees it the same way.
border2.png

• ooc:
  • owlear_clangen.png
    ──── owlear. senior warrior of thunderclan. cis male.
    ──── approximately 90 moons old, yet still youthful.
    ──── pansexual and single,   though with past flings.

──── a chocolate tabby with long, thick fur and a broad-shouldered build. despite his age, he is still a strong, imposing tomcat with clear, attentive eyes. though they are a muted hazel, they seem to twinkle with silent wisdom and a warm, deep-seated joy.
  • "speech"

With age came wisdom, an ever-considered notion by the tortoiseshell. Before the stars had set him upon a new path, Berryheart's ultimate goal had been to simply age, to gather as much wisdom as he could as he did so, and become a source of knowledge for all who were younger than him. That dream still thrummed within his soul, distant heartbeat, a pulse beneath the skin... but his primary focus was on learning to heal. Where before his goal had not hinged on others- had simply been something upon his own shoulders- the duty of a medic was the life of his Clanmates. As fickle as his priorities often were, he had grown from that selfish kitten, only concerned with what he deemed self-beneficial.

A luxurious stretch was taken before Berryheart was on his trio of paws, limping over with an unreadable expression set upon flame-flecked features. Guiltlessly, the tom indulged in a few long moments of silence. All that left his crooked maw was said in certainty, and... hearing Spindles' admission of his aching joints, the medic had racked his mind to retrieve a memory. "I can help aching limbs," murmured pleasantly, an offer given, never forceful. In a half-moon meeting long past, he'd caught wind of a remedy and stored it in his memory. Deeply was he glad for his keen mind.
PENNED BY PIN ☾