private MUSTER ALL YOUR STRENGTH [bugpaw]

š“Šš“‹¼ The sandy hollow is normally busy, filled with mentors and their apprenticesā€”filled with laughter and tears in equal amounts, a place of community especially for the clanā€™s warriors in training. Now, it is silent, or at least nearly so. The only cats who haunt the hollow today are Falconheart, Bugpaw, and Smokefur. The loathesome tom canā€™t be avoided, so Falconheart has to find ways to work around him. "Listen, Buggyā€¦" he lowers his voice as he approaches the girl, his steps cautious. A glance is cast in Smokefurā€™s direction, but their guard is far enough away that he couldnā€™t possibly hear his words. "This isā€¦ going to be hard. But weā€™ve got to hang on for just a little while longer, okay? This will all be over soon," when I tear the eyes from his head. Or better yet, when our mother does.

How had he ever believed Skyclaw was his friend? He hates the way his heart still stutters out a hollow thump any time he thinks of the dappled tomā€”even his own organs have turned traitorous, it seems. He hates the way heā€™d tried so hard for so long to make up for whatever mistake Skyclaw thought heā€™d made, whatever made him cut off their friendship so abruptly. He hates the way heā€™d stayed up at night trying to figure out how to apologize, how to beg for another chance.

But mostly, he hates how this all has forced his hand.

He finally got what he wanted, his single wishā€”heā€™s mentoring his younger sisterā€”and their bond has been immediately tainted with blood. He finally put his foot down and stood his ground, stood for something greater than himself, and only a few short days later Howlingstar lies dead. The stars have aligned, but in the wrong order. Their shine is still visible in the pink-orange sky, dawn only just beginning to fade into the bright hues of morning. Falconheart looks up to the disappearing stars, looks for his father. I didnā€™t want to have to do this. His sister should be learning to perfect her hunterā€™s crouch, not how to defend herself from a much larger, more ruthless attacker. But as it is, the cream tabbyā€™s particular skillset wonā€™t do either of them any good here. If theyā€™re going to survive, then both he and Bugpaw need to change. Heā€™ll have to think back to all those battle lessons from both of his mentors, and put them into action.

He promises her, "Everything will be okay soon. First, Iā€™m teaching you what you need to know to protect yourself." His gaze flickers to Smokefur once again, then back to his younger sister. To protect yourself from traitors like him. "Ready for your first lesson?"

• ooc: @Bugpaw !
  • 82611636_I7otEt4vDdutjcB.png
  • FALCONHEART āÆāÆ he/him, thunderclan warrior
    ā­ƒ shorter than average cream tabby with white spotting. seems gloomy and has few friends, but is a hard worker and never neglects his duties.
    ā­ƒ son of flamewhisker and flycatcher ; brother to stormfeather, scorchedpaw, bugpaw, sunpaw, squirrelpaw, sparrowpaw
    ā­ƒ mentoring bugpaw
    ā­ƒ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    ā­ƒ penned by foxlore

• Love
Reactions: Bugpaw !
*+:ļ½”.ļ½” Bugpaw isn't scared! I mean, well, she is trembling in her fur boots as we speak, pale golden eyes never leaving Smokefur's stalking shadow where it drags behind them, but she's not terrified. After all, she feels like she's on top of the world when she stands beside her big brother, knowing her mamma and siblings are doing everything they can to stay just as strong, just as prepared! Pulling her gaze away from Smokefur, she gives her brother her biggest, toothiest, glowing-est smile that she can make and meows confidently, "I know Big Birdie, I'll hang on forever and ever if you need me to!" Because she would! Her brother's arms are so strong, that she's certain he can lift her forever and ever, but Buggie is determined that he won't have to for too long. She'll get strong, grow her own big scary muscles, and help him as best she can! Maybe even someday, she'll lift him up, too!

She's worried about him though, admittedly. As they walk, she watches the way he looks up to the skies, as though searching for a cleansing rain against this dry lightning of a horror storm. She follows his eyes towards the sky, thinking of their father. Squeezing her eyes shut for a moment, she sends a prayer to her pappa, begging him to keep them both safe. Once she knows her pappa heard her, she turns her full attention back on Falconheart as he comforts her. She believes him. Of course, she does! Her brother is never wrong! "Against big ol' Smokefarts, right?" she whispers, shooting Smokefur a mischievous grin before looking back at Falconheart.
"Mm hmm! I'm ready!" she promises, jumping back and fluffing up her coat as she drops into a crouch, "show me how to be the best warrior in Thunderclan, like you!"

• GENERAL:
    ā™« Bugpaw
    ā™« DFABā€” She/Her
    ā™« 6 moons ā€” Ages
    ā™« Daughter to Flamewhisker and Flycatcher
    ā™« Sibling to Falconheart, Stormfeather, Lilykit, Butterflykit, Scorchedpaw, Squirrelpaw, Sunpaw
    ā™« Thunderclan ā€” apprentice
    ā™« Apprenticed to Falconheart

COMBAT:
    ā™«Physically easy | mentally easy
    ā™« Attack in bold pink
    injuries: None currently