twolegplace My life is a crisis || Jasperglare and Grapejuice oneshot

Nov 7, 2022

Grapejuice sat on the couch his twolegs sat on. It was his now. Should they come to move him, he would have to put them in their place. He had elected to stay home from the clinic today, a little weary of the cases that came in.

He had all the peace and quiet he could ever want. Warmth. Questionably flavored food. Worship and praise. While he envied the cats in the wild, he was bound here.

He heard the door open, signifying that his twolegs had come home for the night. Oh, good! They could devote their time to him now- Hold on.

What is that smell.

It smells like that poor bastard he had talked to the other day. The Windclan bastard.

NO!!! THEY COULDN'T DO THIS TO HIM!!! Sure, they often brought animals home to foster them until they were adopted, but did they have to choose HIM!?

He was greeted with happy voices and pats and scratches by his twolegs who were completely unaware of what they had just done. He did not greet them with a purr as usual, but they didn't seem to notice. They opened the cage and gestured for him to look with excited voices.

"You fools! You have invited DOOM UPON US ALL!" He cried out.

But his twolegs couldn't understand him.... Poor, oblivious little souls.

Jasperglare poked his coned head out of the cage. He didn't know what to do. How would he escape this place? Just being here stressed him out. He finally left the cage and looked around, spotting Grapejuice immediately.

"NO!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO BE STUCK WITH YOU!?" He wailed.

"UMMM NO YELLING IN MY TWOLEG DEN!!"

"YOURE YELLING!"

"I'M ALLOWED TO!!"

Jasperglare was carefully lifted by a twoleg who was laughing at the two cats bickering with each other. He appreciated how gentle they were, his body was still sore. They then put him on the other side of the couch from Grapejuice.

He could feel himself crumbling again, just as he had in the badger set. He was alone this time, trapped and doomed to a fate worse than death. He curled up as best he could, growing frustrated with the cone on his head. He would not be contained!! As soon as those damned twolegs left the room, he began trying to wiggle his head free.

Grapejuice watched him struggle and listened to his growls that were becoming more and more distressed as he realized the cone wouldn't budge. Grapejuice thought he heard the beginnings of a choked sob.

"Are you like. Okay?" He asked. Not that he cared, but his twolegs would.

"DO I LOOK OKAY TO YOU!?" Jasperglare snapped angrily.

"I was just asking, asshole-"

"I JUST THREW MY LIFE AWAY FOR A CAT I BARELY KNEW BECAUSE WATCHING HIM GET DOGPILED BY ANGRY CATS REMINDED ME OF MY OWN KITS SLAUGHTER, AND NOW IM HERE! I AM NOT OKAY, AND I NEVER HAVE BEEN!!! SO STAY OVER THERE AND LEAVE ME ALONE." He yowled. He was shaking and bristling, drowning in self loathing.

Grapejuice didn't expect to be trauma dumped on, but here he was! He must be talking about Dandelionwish or Daisypaw. Or both. Even though he didn't care for Jasperglare, he couldn't help but feel bad for him.

"That's rough buddy. Dandelionwish and Daisypaw are okay, though. They're back at the Skyclan camp." He said.

It brought Jasperglare a little peace to hear that. "Really...? At least I did something right for once."

Grapejuice stared at him. You know what he needs? He needs the good shit. He hopped from the couch and into the kitchen, and then onto the table to find a little container of a most wonderful herb. He picked it up and headed back, hopping back onto the couch.

He slipped his paws under Jasperglare's cone. "Okay pull." He said.

Jasperglare blinked, but pulled away as Grapejuice pulled opposite of him. With a big tug, Jasperglare was free. He shook his head a little.

"Thanks." He said flatly. He saw the weird container Grapejuice had brought.

"THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS, BABY!!"

Grapejuice knew how to open it. He grabbed the lid and twisted, and out came the catnip!

And so, the two cats proceeded to have the time of their life, rolling around in catnip and making a mess of the couch.