private MY LOVES AN IRONBALL [✦] Weaselclaw

SPOILER_IMG_1009.png

SOOTSTAR
A rabbit’s hindquarter dangles in her maw, she stands at the opening of the badgerset den.
She’s stood here for a few moments now, her stomach twisting and full of dread. She fears what she will find inside, she does not want to see the frail and sickly shell of a cat who use to be her strong and handsome mate.

But Wolfsong says he is deteriorating. Cats who have tried to feed him say he refuses their prey, insisting it was poisoned.

Taking a deep breath she enters the den, carefully she treads over the bodies of sick cats until she makes her way to Weaselclaw.

He was skinny now, his under eyelids crusted. His maw open to breathe, Sootstar guesses he’s so congested it’s the only way he can breathe.

After dropping the hindquarter in front of him she sits down beside him. He’s now woken, she noses the leg closer to his maw.

”They’ve told me you’re not eating.” She says sternly, like a mother about to scold her kit, ”You need to eat.”
IMG_0583.gif
  • @WEASELCLAW
  • » SootSootstar
    » WindClan Leader
    » She/her ․ Mate to Weaselclaw
    » Tiny blue smoke she-cat with green eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A high-stamina foe who can be difficult to hit.
    » Excels in quick, short moves.
    » Fights to kill and maim
    » Fatal attack of choice is an underbelly dive.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

His good days are behind him.

Before, the sight of his mate’s luscious smoke-blue pelt, splashed with blood from a successful hunt, would have stirred him. It’s a sight that used to set fire to his blood, that made him weak with the love and devotion he felt to his mate and leader. He would have given everything for her—he would have raced to the edge of every moor to bring her a frog, the moon, the sun, even as it scorched his paws. He would have laid his life down for hers a thousand times over, and had planned for his death to be in her name, in the thick of battle.

Today, he does not see Sootstar as she stands before him. “They’ve told me you’re not eating,” she says, her voice firm. He sees something glitter behind her eyes—something that causes his fur to spike wetly. “You need to eat.”

Weaselclaw’s lips peel away from his fangs. “You do not fool me,” he hisses, scrambling away from the rabbit haunch she’s delivered to him. “You want me to suffer like you’re making her suffer, but you can’t! I already share her pain… you can’t trick me by wearing her pelt!

He coughs, his ribs aching. Blue eyes clouded with insanity focus on her. “Leave me be, StarClan. I have abandoned you, as you have abandoned my mate.

•  
  • weasel . weaselclaw
    — he/him ; lead warrior of windclan
    — heterosexual ; taken by Sootstar
    — short-haired chocolate tabby with white and blue eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Oliver

• Sad
Reactions: AVA

IMG_0961.png

SOOTSTAR
Any other cat and the reveal of fangs would’ve earned a smack, but instead Sootstar is petrified. ’You do not fool me’ her heart almost freezes, did he mean to betray her now too in his sickness?! The following words he speaks are delirious, she struggles to make sense of them until-

’Leave me be, StarClan He snarls, his icy blue eyes narrowed with an intense hositility.

Sootstar gives him a dumbfounded look, ”Weaselclaw- what are you saying?!” She rises up onto her paws and begins to look him up and down, he seemed so far away from her now. In a place not even she could reach. ”I am Sootstar, not StarClan you- you hare-brained fool. Have you gone both blind and deaf?!” She scolds, her fur bristling with alarm.

She grabs the rabbit’s haunch again and tries to set it in front of him once more. ”Weaselclaw…. you must eat or you will die. Do you hear me?!” Sootstar is practically yelling at him now, anything to wake him up from whatever insanity he’s fallen into.

StarClan’s tricks were not over, they’ve slighted her again.
IMG_0583.gif
  • » SootSootstar
    » WindClan Leader
    » She/her ․ Mate to Weaselclaw
    » Tiny blue smoke she-cat with green eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A high-stamina foe who can be difficult to hit.
    » Excels in quick, short moves.
    » Fights to kill and maim
    » Fatal attack of choice is an underbelly dive.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

• Crying
Reactions: Marquette
Oh, the StarClan warrior is clever, ghost wearing the living’s fur. It’s eyes stretch wide with surprise, with revulsion, as though it’s seeing something it hadn’t anticipated. Weaselclaw’s paws knead the moss of his nest, his breath ragged and stinking of sickness. “I know what you are,” he snarls, but after a moment, the hostility begins to fade from his expression. Curled lips turn lax, teeth veiled by their fall.

“Weaselclaw… you must eat or you will die. Do you hear me?!”

He regards the cat who would pretend to be his beloved with a blank, cloudy stare. “If I eat that, you will just kill me another way,” he says. “I saw you take Lambcurl… you will come for me the same way, and then you will come for my daughter and the rest of them.

He turns purposefully from the bit of fresh-kill she’d tried to tempt him with. “I won’t eat it… not while you’re watching me.” Fear lances through his voice. He could not bear to eat it if she’s looking… but his belly rumbles, cutting through some of the fog in his mind. He could eat it, if everyone just leaves him alone…

•  
  • weasel . weaselclaw
    — he/him ; lead warrior of windclan
    — heterosexual ; taken by Sootstar
    — short-haired chocolate tabby with white and blue eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Oliver

• Sad
Reactions: AVA