MY PARENTS AREN'T HEROS, THEY'RE JUST LIKE ME ✿ figpaw

"SUREFIRE, YEAH, THE SETTING SUN WANTS COMPANY"
The light of the sunrise, waxy and pale, burnt through the lattice of hazel that housed Dawnglare’s lair. It was a place of sour scents and an even sourer being, a place to avoid at all costs. But Figpaw was bound to it and thus Daisyflight was too. She’d visited often, whenever she saw that cedar-slip of a medicine cat leave on his ‘errands’. All the while, the topic of him and what her daughter had seen wore on, a pebble tied to her snout. It threatened to pry her mouth awry, ply question upon question.

A sheet of brown, stamped with black, was scraped behind the calico as she made her way to the dreaded place. Whatever treatment Dawnglare was applying seemed to be doing something- ah, well, she’d help it along.

"Figpaw-!" Punctuated with a quiet huff, her greeting was made through the to-be-warm object. Daisyflight slung the cardboard forward, its smooth underside skimming to rest beside her daughter’s nest.

"I’ve brought you something to make your nights more comfortable. I’d sleep on this every night in the past." She glanced thoughtfully at it before meeting Figpaw’s gaze. "Shuffle over slightly and we can set it up." Nose bumping the red tabby’s forehead, she pawed at the edge of the nest.

"And… In the meantime, perhaps we should discuss that day. Why you had been out there… who you saw?” Flighty sentiments weren’t her sort but Daisyflight was conscious of how touchy a subject it might be- and she knew, knew who it had been. The mother squinted for a moment before taking a breath and settling to sit.

/ @FIGPAW <3