my teas gone cold && joining

starling

beyond the stars
Jul 24, 2022
( ) On average, the common songbird ventures out of their mothers nest as young as eight days old. Their parents provide food and shelter for them and they flutter away when the time comes. Starling and her parents never quite got along as a "parent and daughter" relationship, instead a formal mentor and apprentice type. She did not mind it, it was how she was raised; she came out of it with a shell she wouldn't let go of so easily. She had grown up being told about the marsh and pine group and when her parents told her there had been a battle and they'd split, Starling had gone on her way. Thunderclan, it was the strongest sounding name, the coolest, a new start.

The young girl would be lying if she said she wasn't a bit excited, a fresh start was all she needed. She arrives in to a forest and theres something in her gut that tells her this is it, this is where she needs to be. She carries a small bird in her mouth, a peace offering and she sets it down besides her paws as she seats herself. "Starling, daughter of Star and Cosmos. I wish to join your group." she announces and thus would begin her wait with a head held high and a glint of confidence in her eyes. Nothing would stop her now.
( HEY KIDS ; INTO DUST TOGETHER )

"WE ARE THE BROKEN ONES, WHO CHOSE TO SPARK A FLAME"
Between the new faces they had met upon the arrival at their new camp and all those that found their way to it since, Thunderclan's ranks were growing swiftly. Ember couldn't be happier. It made her heart swell with pride to see how her little family grew every day. Each new face was another friend for her, and - more importantly - another set of paws to help keep her clan well protected and fed. It was exactly as she had envisioned it, everyone had a place in her clan. She liked to think that Rain would have approved.

A new voice on her ear was enough to bring an instant smile to her face. She raced from the camp, eager to be the first to greet the newest member. Amidst the hard work of getting the camp setup that occupied her days, greeting joiners was among her chief joys.

"Heya!" she greeted brightly as she came to a stop before the other molly. "My name's Ember, and I'm the leader around here! Nice ta meetcha!" With a glance toward the prey the young girl had brought with her, she added, "If ya can bring in catches like that on the regular, than I'm certain we'll be thankful that we have ya!" Her eyes shined with warmth. "Welcome to Thunderclan."
✦ ★ ✦

✵ ღ ☾ LOVE WITH EVERY STRANGER - Despite her juvenile excitement at Thunderclan’s arrival, she had to admit it was getting a bit more crowded than she was used to! Luckily, Quail seemed to enjoy the newfound company, and Wildflower was always able to take a calming stroll whenever she began to feel a bit overwhelmed.
That is what the former loner had been doing then, before a fiery pelt and a familiar voice caught her attention- Ember!
Flow found that she quite liked the molly, with her welcoming spirits and joyous mannerisms, it was hard not to.
Only when Wildflower got closer to greet the leader did she notice who Ember was about to greet herself.
Starling, daughter of Star and Cosmos.
A slight frown tugged at her lips, was it normal to know your parents names? Flow never truly got the chance-
Nope! We file that pondering for later! She bubbly reminded herself, a smile now forming on her maw.
❝ What a cool name! I’m Wildflower, but you can call me Flower or Flow instead if that’s too long! ❞ She greeted, stopping next to Ember, who had just officially welcomed Starling in. ❝ Welcome to Thunderclan! What’s your favorite meal? I can grab it for you when we get back to camp. ❞ Flow echoed after her leader, trying her best to give a warm welcome.
❝ Speech. ❞

THE STRANGER, THE BETTER

( ) A chipper voice rings across the land and her ears flatten instinctively, suppressing a scowl that threatened to grow on her face. The voice belonged to a flame point woman, littered in scars and her own eyes softened. "Thank you, Ember." she breathes out, trying to be on her best behavior- it wouldn't look good on her to make the quips shes used to. Ember mentions the prey and she nods, nudging the bird forwards. "A peace offering. I will not be a burden." she confirms, almost as if she were convincing herself. Then shes in, just like that. Take that, Star.

Another arrives and blue eyes turn to focus on them, a gray she-cat with sage colored eyes. "Nice to meet you, Wildflower. I don't have a favorite prey, I eat what is given to me." she flicks an ear before her eyes float down to the bird once more. Do I have a favorite prey? The thought confused her and she slightly furrowed her brows. Such an odd question, who had a preference? There was no need for preference when food is food.
( HEY KIDS ; INTO DUST TOGETHER )