pafp my writer just hates the clock ☆ stepping down

misfortunate follows shadowclan like a disease, it infects every crack and crevice of their home and clings to the paws of those who walk across these wetlands. they've just finished running off those loitering ursines from their territory but the victory feels somber because no win is without aftermath and it came in the form of losing both the structure of their camp and poppypaw.

geckoscreech has given up hope that they'll ever find a moment of peace, stopped trying to convince herself long ago that the warmer seasons would be a new start for her, for her family but instead it only gotten worse and she isn't sure she can keep going with the amount of heaviness that presses down upon her shoulder threatening to make her buckle.

she needed a break.

"my love, a word."

the rosette tabby crosses the ruined clearing, tiptoeing around the scattered debris to make her way towards chilledstar. now holding their attention, geckoscreech takes a moment to take in one slow intake before finally speaking. "it's been nothing but an honor to be one of shadowclan's lead warriors and serve this clan for so long but i think it's time for me to step down from my position." she doesn't go in-depth for the reasoning but the tiredness that shows upon her face explains enough.

@CHILLEDSTAR.

|| hey ya'll, i decided to have geckoscreech to stepdown because my motivation has just been too scattered as of late and hinders me from keeping up with things on catsite and it definitely isn't fair to you guys to be left with a absent shp so miss ma'am is going back to the warrior life until i can properly get my shit together and be more present again :]

i'm super thankful to have had the opprotunity to play such a neat role and dw, i'll still be around just at a more casual pace !
∘₊✧ ONE LAST LIFELINE, I'M HANGING HIGH. ✧₊∘

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

they're attention is almost always elsewhere but the very sound of their mate makes them drop whatever piece of debris that they have. they turn towards her immediately, icy gaze melting under the emerald ones she held. their tail sweeps and they nod at her request. hadn't she known that chilledstar was at her beck and call? there was likely nothing that they wouldn't do for her. all she needed to do was ask, and chilledstar would have happily done anything for her.

"of course, my love. what can i do for you?"

while her next words are surprising, they are equally not. this... place was a lot. constantly in danger, constantly losing cats that they'd learned to care about. starclan wasn't giving any of them a break any time soon, it was only a wonder that she wanted to take one for herself. still, chilledstar doesn't hate her for it. if any of the other hps had done the same thing, they would have understood. they moved to gently lick her face, nudging her as they brushed closer to her.

"i understand my love. if anyone deserves rest, you do. you've been a wonderful help to me, and I do hope if I need your advice, you will still offer it."

no one else's opinion on this mattered. no one had been more fit for a position, and they only are letting her go from it for her sake. she's tired, chilledstar knows this. but this way she can focus on other things like her own son, without feeling too exhausted afterward.

Forestshade's keen ears don't miss much. They pick up the request easily, earning the queen's attention. Her kits are somewhere nearby but her focus is no longer on them. No, ShadowClan is losing a lead warrior today, and at her own request. It stuns her. Lazy as she may be, she couldn't imagine willingly giving up such a respected and authoritative post. She says nothing though, only lingering nearby in case her former mentor may need any words of encouragement. The torbie can imagine the decision hurts them at least a little bit to lose a trusted warrior on their council. Finally, after many heartbeats, she finally offers, "Thanks for serving ShadowClan." It's awkward - she isn't used to giving any sort of genuine praise, but she feels it is necessary now.