camp NATURE KNOWS NO KINGS [✦] pafp

✦₊ ⊹—— a dark shape, shattered bones, curls beneath a nodding clump of reeds and watches the other kits play. perhaps his siblings are among the roving pack of kits who bound about camp and chatter endlessly and play games and bother the warriors for battle stories; he is not. cicadakit has only just been released from the constraints of the willow den and yet he wants to return, to go back to the easy times of milk and warmth and comfort, the smell of willow-leaf and moss and kitten-fuzz. perhaps he is only two moons old, yes, but apprenticeship already looms on the horizon, his mind already refuses to let him rest. i wish i could make my thoughts quieter, he muses unhappily, settling his pointed chin onto too-large paws.

the thought of being an apprentice makes his head hurt, settles an ache into the hollows of his temples and leaves it to linger—the idea of duties, of never again being able to simply retreat to the shadow of his family's den. of being constantly exposed to voice after voice and face after face, of having expectations placed weighty on his shoulders; it makes him clench milk teeth together until the soreness expands into his jaws. he wants to go back to the water, put his head under so the water can move his thoughts where it wants like it had moved his fur earlier, but smokethroat would be unhappy with him. more important, cicadastar would be unhappy with him. his father, so like him with his white mask and long limbs.

watching the kits play, the thought makes him shake unkempt curls over his salt-blue eye.

4d5460.png

• ooc: please wait for @CARPKIT to post !!
  • disclaimer: it's important to note that cicadakit is not always in a stable state of mind. his view of the world may not always be accurate to objective reality, which may include seeing things that are not genuinely there, reading motivations or thoughts from actions that are not actually implied, and making assumptions or jumping to conclusions. this is not an attempt at metagaming, powerplaying, or mischaracterization, and is not legitimately true or correct to reality or what your characters actually think or believe.

it will always be noted in the post if he is seeing something that isn't actually there. all opinions & thoughts are ic only and do not reflect my thoughts and opinions as a writer.
  • Tse77Co.png
    — cicadakit
    — he/him ; kit of riverclan ; 2 ☾s
    "speech" ; thoughts ; attacks
    — penned by dejavu

FIGHTING IT IS HOPELESS ————————————​
Play was something she knew- natural, given to her and her siblings at birth by right. The other kits in the nursery and herself, tussling it out, day after night. The curious new scent that had followed shortly after she was born- and stayed in the air for a moon or two- had been revealed in the form of the leader's kits. A surprise to Carpkit, to be sure. It wasn't like she had payed much attention to the murmurs and quiet discussions in the nursery about the group of kits seperate from those in the nursery.

So, when they revealed themselves, initially- Carpkit had been excited. Very excited to play with them, get to know them! But not all are made equal, and this curly-haired mess of limbs that sat separate bugged her. It was like a fly, in her ears, buzzing around and just in general being a stinker! A sigh finally fell from her mouth, and the smaller cat turned, staring DIRECTLY at Cicadakit. Target? Acquired.

Carpkit's words carried quite easily as she approached the boy in the reeds. Kit in the Reeds. That was going to be his title, yes! Reed-boy. "Isn't your name Cicadakit? Just like the leader? That's cool. My name is Carpkit." And, just like always, the smaller of the two currently here had a lot to say, and didn't know when to shut up. Maybe that was all the love she had to share! Momma said I have a lot of it. She thought to herself, a satisfied nod following. "What are you doing over here all alone? You should come play with us. Or me." Carpkit offered, knowing that he was separate for a reason. Hopefully he wasn't sick.

"speech"

——————————————————————————————— sinkin' in your ocean