NEO-TOKYO | emberpaw

"So, the only reason why you're here to bug me is to ask me to train you?" Sulfuric growl erupted from Chrysaliswing's maw, like a tangled gnarl had taken root into his throat, and he simply retched it out as he spoke. Why did every cat in his vicinity draw themselves to him like addled flies to whiskey and honey? He swore some of them tailed him around on purpose. Whiskers twitched in visible irritation as he felt precious free time slipping away from him, especially so prime in the day when the sun had not reached its highest throne and the shadows had not roosted lowly upon the earth. Emberpaw was not much older than Jaypaw, with mahogany hues running down as a stream of tigerine tones, fierce display of fiery features. That was the extent of what he knew of the molly, anyhow. "What makes you think I want to teach you anything? Ask your mentor." Heterochromatic gaze tilted down to match the young molly's gaze, whose hopeful eyes so resembled that of his late apprentice's, as though the light of youth reflected bright upon the mirror that he had last held the jagged shards of. Blood dripping down his chin, the sharp bitterness of metal and flesh beneath the roof of his mouth - it was all too fresh in his mind.

• @Emberpa𝓌
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 24 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.

If that counts as bugging you, yes.” Emberpaw would respond as she trails behind the chimera warrior, a singular ear giving a flick. It was obvious in his body language that the incident with Jaypaw still affected him, but it was in a way Jaypaw's fault for her down bringing. Was it not? Was that an disgusting way to think of it? If she hadn't been so hostile after Orangestar gave her a new mentor, and was alert to her situation then... she would still be in Skyclan today. There was a few people who were excellent fighters it was primarily Slate, Chrysaliswing, and Crowsight.

She's never watched Crowsight fight and the scars on Slate were more of example that he didn't fit her training style. Her fighting style was fluid as water, feathery and swift as if watching a dance- entrancing yet deadly. A cobra in simple terms. “You're the only good fighter who suits my style.” Emberpaw would bluntly state, a long tufted tail flicking as she observes the surroundings around them. He makes a statement on why should he teach her anything and to ask her mentor instead? Her mentor was lazy and wanted to lax around, only covering the basics- nothing that Ember felt thrill for.

The dark feline wanted to be strong and repay her debt to Skyclan. How the hell was she gonna pay back everything given to her by being mediocre? Her nose scrunches up for a moment before speaking up once more, “You won't regret teaching me, I'll promise you that.” Confidence radiated off her as she bounds in front of Chrysaliswing to stop his pathing, an sharp smile flashing her canines as she puts a paw on her chest. “I want to be taught by one of my favorite warriors, not by some lazy birdbrain.” Emberpaw would grumble the last part, her nose scrunching up in annoyance at the thought of her mentor.

Could they even be considered an mentor?

Disgust painted itself clear upon Chrysaliswing's half-toned face at Emberpaw's nonchalant manners, as though his emotions miniated and did not belie the flame that resided in him, and the warrior found no use in hiding such strong sentiments either. It was almost harrowing of fate to allow Ember to waltz into his life after Jaypaw had been seized from him so ungraciously. Did Starclan aim to test his wits, stringing him along with their inane idea of punishment or damnation? Whatever the case, he could only stare at the tiger-striped apprentice with a light of disdain. One fictitious eyebrow raised at Emberpaw's comment, of him being the only fighter to match her style, and part of him wanted to spit something out in revolting retaliation. That just goes to show how incompetent the rest of the warriors must be, if I am your only option. Hot breath of a snort escaped his maw as she claimed that he was her 'favorite warrior,' as though the thought of him being a favorite of anyone was simply a falsehood, much like one did not pay heed to the nonpareils on a grand creation. Though, from what he had seen, she seemed as if she would at least be a dedicated trainee. Placing one paw to her chest, like a show of vow, she swore to herself. How confident.

"Fine. Whatever. But if you talk back even once, I am not helping you. Got it? Good." The chimaeric tomcat prattled on, waiting naught for an answer to fall out of the ruddy molly's maw. "What do you want to even learn? Spit it out and stop wasting my time." If she were truly pledged to her whims, then the response should already condense upon the tip of her tongue.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 24 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.