private never been satisfied // orangestar

Jan 5, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- The den stood before them, loud and prominent against the tree. They stared at it for a long moment as they tried to not let go of their nerve. The music had to be faced at some point- or how ever that saying went. They had had enough of avoiding her, she missed her even and she wanted nothing more than to be a kit again in her sisters tail all the time. Honeysplash had hauled herself out of the medicine den and was standing outside of Orangestars’ den. Her sister and her had yet to speak since she came back to the clans- a lot had happened in a short span of time. Blaze star dying and her coming into reign was more important than her own silly little feelings.

Yet she felt like her paws had froze to the ground despite the warm air that billowed by and the dirt under paw was more moist and soft than hardened. She didn’t know what to do. What to say. It had been almost a year since she last seen her sister, since she last spoke to her and so much had changed. Honeysplash felt so out of place in her own family that she contemplated if it had been worth coming back. Her heart ached for the closeness they once shared and the friendship that she treasured beyond measure.

The young cream and white warrior lowered her head slightly and sighed softly. Was this hopeless? She felt like she would be turned away if she tried to approach her den— if she was even in there still. Honeysplash shook her head slightly and looked down at the ground, at the dirt under her paws and clawed at the ground slightly. This was stupid, her confliction only made her more frustrated and she gritted her teeth slightly at the ground. No, she had to do this. If she was turned away then so be it. She wanted to tell Ora so much- about her time in twolegplace, about Chrys and she wanted updates about her own life.When was the last time Ora had a casual conversation about her kits? Her life in general?

Honeysplash lifted her head a bit and sucked in a breath, willing confidence to push her forward or maybe Orangestar would just know she was out here. No that was silly and an excuse to try not facing the newly named leader of Skyclan. Shaking out her coat for a moment to dislodge the discomfort creeping up her spine, and padded towards the nest with faux determination as her ears flicked back against her head.

Ora? You in there?

• SPEECH
  • 831BEB81-73F8-4BD8-B5FB-C3A0729EEC4F.png
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 24 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Orangestar has grown used to the sound of pawsteps approaching her den. And yet, as the odd rhythm of a broken-legged warrior approaches, the fur at the back of her neck prickles with unease. She hasn't been avoiding Honeysplash in the way she had avoided the mentors of Howlfire's kits after their attack, guilt eating away at her like worn wood. She has simply ... not had time to visit. Ever time she's thought of Honeysplash, duties have pulled her in another direction; every moment she has had spare, she has not thought first of her sister.

"You should be in Dawnglare's den," she greets the younger warrior - not so young anymore, two season-cycles behind her now - with a trademark frown, concern scrawled across her features. It's not much of a hello, she knows. As Orangestar rises to her paws and faces Honeysplash, her plumy tail brushing the well-worn earth beneath her, her attention flickers over the cream-furred molly. Their jaw is tense, nervous. Soft green eyes are tired. As much as time has passed, Honeysplash is still the same. Orangestar's feline brow furrows. "Did you need me for something?"

•  
  •  
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

ORANGESTAR ✧ she/her, leader of skyclan | nine lives
    " a scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes."

— single ; mentoring springpaw
    — speech is in #E3B2A9
    tags | art by pin

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- The first words from her sister was a scolding, telling them they should be in the medicine den. They flinched slightly and adverted green hues downwards for a moment, she had no excuse to say otherwise. She hadn’t been in the medicine den not nearly as much as she should’ve been. That would have consequences but that was besides the point. Was that all she had to say to her?

Orangestar faced her and she looked up at her older sister, someone she would’ve thought the world of before. A hero in her little story of her life. Do you need me for something? The words burned her pelt and she opened her mouth fo something to say, a reason for approaching and just wanting to spend time with her sister. They had been so close once upon a time and now things were so- different. Shifted and broken.

The young warrior flicked back her ears and shred away from the leader quietly, “N-No i didnt need you for anything,” She spoke softly and flicked her tail behind herself. This was a stupid idea. Why did she think that she could just come up to the leader and act like nothing happened? Orangestar had better things to do, clearly, with her harsh words and tail flick.

Honeysplash felt her lower lip quiver slightly and she shrugged slightly, “I just missed you is all,

• SPEECH
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    see battle info here

"I missed you too." She admits, after a moment. Some of the tension, the stiffness with which she holds herself, eases with her sigh. She rubs her chin against her sister's head. Already, Honeysplash has started to smell of the Clan again; of moss and pines, and the herbs of Dawnglare's den. Relief floods her, giving way to a quiet tiredness, and a small purr rumbles in her throat.

I thought you were dead, is what Orangestar doesn't say. When she looks at Honeysplash and blinks, she sees the blood-caked snow where she had been found, reeking of Twolegplace streets and unkempt fur. She blinks again to clear the memory. She tries to focus on her sister standing before her- whole, tired, home. She imagines her relief is out weight by Cloudberrythorn's. Several seasons ago, she would have done anything to see Apricotflower on their border again, ready to come home.

"I'm so glad you're back. We missed you." A small pause, a glance down. "How is your leg?"

•  
  •  
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

ORANGESTAR ✧ she/her, leader of skyclan | nine lives
    " a scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes."

— single ; mentoring springpaw
    — speech is in #E3B2A9
    tags | art by pin

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- A brief heartbeat passed as she spoke and she had been ready for a reaction, something bad, to happen. Though the scold never came, the harshness wasnt there and her sister even seemed to - relax? Honeysplash blinked at her before a chin rubbed on her head, and the young warrior could feel herself crumble slightly. She had been holding in so much. What happened to her in the twolegplace, her sorrows and fears, and she had to swallow to keep down the word vomit that threatened.

Ora had been her best friend, her confidant, and she wanted to tell her so much. To have someone listen to her and not have to be strong for once, but the eggshells beneath her paws where all too real. The wrong word could shift their relationship, and she didnt think her sister wanted to hear all the traumatizing things of the past year. She had her own problems and experiences that have happened while she was gone. They were both different now.

Yet still, her face threatens with tightening around her eyes and she adverted her green gaze down to her paws. Honeysplash wanted to cry, so badly, just release everything in her chest, but she pushed it down and forced herself to sit tall. Stand strong. “I’m- im happy to be home,” She said softly, her voice a murmur as she tried to not let herself cry.

Orangestar then asked how her leg was and she looked down at it, flexing her toes a bit before shrugging, “I’ll have a limp maybe at most, but Dawnglare says i should be good to go before the net full moon,” She said with an attempt at being bright about it, cheery, even it her voice cracked slightly.

• SPEECH
    see battle info here