NEVER GONNA LET YOU IN \ pinkpaw

Spine swathed with moss, Featherpaw could do nothing. Her legs grew restless- all she could spend her time on was chatting, which she wasn't much good at, and letting her mind wander, which never ended well. With the day winding down, the medicine den emptying more and more as each day passed, Featherpaw had taken to dragging owl-talon claws across the sandy floor, making pictures idly. They barely looked like anything, but he could focus upon those and not the memory of Nightmareface's horrible, slobbering teeth, or the sun-burst of pain, or the childish shriek that had slipped from his mouth.

The lines she drew were sad and scared. They did not look like anything, and yet Featherpaw saw those qualities within them. But why should she be scared? Sad? Guilty, even? They had won the battle, won their home back, and he had not had to die for it. Anyone would think him overjoyed.

Light, small footsteps sounded behind him. Back bristling around the bandages, he turned his head whip-fast, gaze a sliver of sunset. Narrowed, scowling yellow met sun-and-sky, a calico face splashed before her, and Featherpaw was struck with a relief that surprised her. "Hi," she said, even before Pinkpaw managed a greeting. Her voice was crackly, unused, and strangely devoid of annoyance.

\ @PINKPAW !
✦ penned by pin

Pinkpaw is here, with a scrawny mouse in her jaws and a smile on her face – cause, of course. She visits Featherpaw just like she said she would. Even if she didn’t remember saying that she would, Pinkpaw would’ve visited either way. " Hi! " she mews, putting the prey before Featherpaw. It was kinda shabby… But everything was kinda shabby lately. Pinkpaw sits, an undignified flop of her tail into the sand. " The prey at… at horseplace was way better, " she says, taking a second to remember what horseplace had even been called. " But um, everything else there was wayyy worse, so… "

Maybe not everything. Featherpaw hadn’t had this icky scar at horseplace... Pinkpaw glances down, now noticing the lines Featherpaw had drawn in the sand… and the mouse she had flopped right on top of them. Her eyes blow wide. Frantically, she would reach to scratch her own drawing in the sand… something that would fix it, somehow. Like a flower or a happy, smiling cat! …But in the end, it just looks like more scribbles. Somehow, they looked completely different from Featherpaw’s, though.

" I messed it up… " he sniffs; and despite this, she keeps scribbling with no real intent. Maybe if she kept trying, and…and if Featherpaw just squinted a little bit…

" Um, " she starts, looking up at Featherpaw with round eyes. " I forgot – I mean, um, are you mad at me? " She’d thought Downypaw was mad at her, and they weren’t; so maybe Featherpaw wasn’t really mad either. Maybe she didn’t mind having the ickiest scar Pinkpaw has ever seen… Well, no… Echolight had had the ickiest but… Featherpaw’s was second ickiest, for sure.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
  • NOTE: SHE IS A FEVER COAT BABY!!
    I3iy2hK.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.
    —— SHE / HER; UNOPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 6 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with sunburst eyes ringed blue around her pupils (central heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!
    HEAVY IC OPINIONS! Pinkpaw is a very irrational and childish character!​

Day-bright as ever, equally loud as birdsong at dawn- Featherpaw's ears pinned against her head as Pinkpaw approached, but for once she resented her frostiness, and kept it tucked behind her fangs rather than prickling at the tip of her tongue. Idly, he simply nodded along to Pinkpaw's out-loud musings about the horseplace, about the prey there- about it being better and worse at once. Teeth fastened, he said nothing- even as Pinkpaw bumbled over and dumped a mouse right on top of what he had been doodling. What sparked within him was not annoyance, was not gratitude, was nothing at all. And that annoyed him- that he should be proud, and felt nothing at all.

Again, he stared. Scowling, he looked on as she frantically scribbled, scrawling all over the sand, her lines nonsensical to him. "Stop," he said, but his voice didn't bare its usual fangs. "It's fine. I d-d-didn't like what I drew anyway."

Are you mad at me? Pinkpaw looked at her with wide, pleading eyes. Featherpaw's nose wrinkled, and she shuffled her paws closer together. It was hard to hold her eyes- because he wasn't upset with her, but she felt like he was, and it made him feel even more rotten than he already did. Featherpaw's throat felt dry all of a sudden, and lantern-light eyes flickered to watch the calico out of the tail of his gaze. "Why would I b-buh... be mad at you?" Uneasiness tipped Featherpaw's tone, and she couldn't rid herself of it, no matter how much she wished it wasn't there. Crawling coldness tapped at her skin.
✦ penned by pin

Last edited:
Stop, Featherpaw tells her, and she stops, halting her paw about the dirt like she’s been caught putting bugs in someone’s nest… She draws her paw back, scraping an ugly line through the floor. Pinkpaw tilts her head. " I liked it... " she didn’t really see it that well, but she liked it anyway.

She tries to settle instead, bringing her paws closer to herself, one white and one grey - ish. Featherpaw was making a face that seemed like a mad face, but then, Pinkpaw guesses it wasn’t too far from his normal face… She leans a bit closer, like if she just looked reallly hard, she’d be able to tell just how Featherpaw was feeling. She didn’t want her to be that close, though, or… or something, because she doesn’t hold her gaze for long. A pout forms at Pinkpaw’s lips. " ‘Cause I, um… forgot. We were supposed to fight together, weren’t we? And you got that icky scar… and um… " A pale ear twitches. " I said you can watch me train, and I guess that was bad… And… I’m not a great fighter, I don’t think… And… a long time ago… "

She trails off, trying to remember something from kithood. Featherpaw made this face then, too. A not very happy looking one. Had Pinkpaw just not noticed? She quiets, thinking about the times they talked. In another clans camp, in WindClan, in Horseplace... She blinks, ears flattening against her skull. " I hope you'll still be my friend... " she mews. And then, a pause. " We're friends, right? " Well, maybe not anymore, they weren't...
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
    I3iy2hK.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with sunburst eyes ringed blue around her pupils (central heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!

I liked it. Featherpaw let free a breath that almost, almost sounded like a snort of laughter. She'd barely even seen it before she'd wrecked it, but Pinkpaw liked everything and everyone. She had probably conjured an image in her head of what it probably looked like, and decided she had liked that.

The distance between them closed, and Featherpaw didn't, couldn't look at her at all anymore. She stared at snowy paws, spattered with sand, dirt lumped under her claws. A lone ear was angled to attention, pointed like horns atop her head. Icky scar. Featherpaw snorted. Of course, of course- it only mattered that it was gross, that it was ugly, that the scar had ruined something good about her, something like that. But all of her points, they- they didn't matter, they were wrong, Featherpaw wanted to wrench her stupid tongue out so she'd stop saying it all. So she'd stop spouting reasons he hated her, when he- when he...

His tone was short, clipped. It bore the briars of annoyance, but there was an odd lack of harshness to it. Frustration, maybe... "Stop. We did fight t-together. The scar doesn't matter." It was a hurried correction. Featherpaw felt like he was stumbling into something, and there was a sickening fear rising in his stomach that he could not place. She was not used to worrying so much about what she was going to say. "I shouldn't have snapped at you, when you said that- t-training thing. There were... there were a lot of c-c-cats around and I was... I was in a b-b-bad mood." Yellow eyes flicked to Pinkpaw's face for a moment. A moment, and then she was looking away again. "It was mean."

Mean. Featherpaw had been called that before and hadn't really cared, because he was very well aware that cats thought he was mean. But cats he'd been mean to usually deserved it. Then, Pinkpaw hadn't deserved it at all.

We're friends, right? Her question speared him like a wasp's sting. It hurt and Featherpaw didn't know why, and she almost wanted to yell at Pinkpaw to get out, get out, because she was making everything worse. But- but what actually was she making worse? It was nothing, nothing at all- and in as much as an instant as it had hurt, the words felt warmer. Featherpaw suddenly found that it was easy to talk, and easy to be honest, and her voice was a little softer, like a thistle rather than a thorn. "Yeah," she answered easily. A frown stuck tight on his face, but she looked at Pinkpaw and could keep looking.

Hurt them before they hurt you. But Pinkpaw wouldn't hurt him. Against her better judgement, Featherpaw trusted her. Maybe it was wound-delirium, exhaustion, boredom that was lapsing him like this. Or maybe it was simply true, that Pinkpaw wouldn't hurt her (never mind that she couldn't, because Featherpaw would easily flatten her). "Yeah, we're friends."
✦ penned by pin

• Love
Reactions: Floppie
For the second time, Featherpaw tells her to stop, so she does, because she's a good listener and a good friend... she hopes. We did fight together. Not in time for Featherpaw to not get slashed... " But — " she interjects. The scar doesn't matter. And again, she blinks. " It doesn't? " Pinkpaw would hate having it... It's icky and it must hurt a lot and cobwebs are so creepy, she'd never want them all over her... Pinkpaw watches Featherpaw with confusion clear in her eyes. She doesn't get it... She doesn't get Featherpaw a lot of the time she guesses, but she wanted to...

And then Featherpaw apologizes, and Pinkpaw wasn't really ready for it. Featherpaw has said lots of stuff like that before, she thinks, and she's never apologized, so she thinks... So she thought... You're in a bad mood a lot of the time, she almost says, but she's listening right now, and sometimes its hard to talk and listen at the same time. Her pupils threaten to swallow the blue rings of her eyes, and Featherpaw would see that for the split second she looks. It was mean, she says. Pinkpaw tilts her head, and she thinks.

" ...Maybe a little bit, " she mews, not unkindly. And now she's glancing away, too.

It doesn't take too long for her to come back, though. It never really does, cause... she just wants to cheer him up. They're cheering each other up right now. She thinks that's nice. She thinks... that's what good friends do. " It's okay... I'd be in a bad mood, too... " she says, and then she corrects. " I am in a bad mood. Um, I was... " But she likes talking to Featherpaw. And she likes not being so worried about his icky scar, and she likes being told sorry, a little bit... She doesn't feel like crying no more. " If it doesn't matter to you, um, it doesn't matter to me... " Not as much, anyways... But she'd still become the best fighter ever for next time. She'd still totally remember, next time...

Nervousness still prickles at her pelt, for some reason. She looks at Featherpaw as she doesn't look at her. They were friends right? She knew the answer... Why would they hang out so much, if they weren't? In ThunderClan and ShadowClan and WindClan and Horseplace, Featherpaw had been there with her every time... When Featherpaw finally looks at her, she leans forward too.

And Pinkpaw's happy again. And she wears the biggest smile to fight off Featherpaw's deep frown. She thinks he sounds a bit different when he answers, but she isn't sure why. She's just glad! glad they're friends. " Yay! " she cheers, but it's a quiet cheer this time so Wolfsong can't get mad at her! A purr instead of a screech.

...Featherpaw didn't sound as mad. That was the difference. He seemed mad all the time, but maybe if they kept being friends, Featherpaw could turn into the worlds happiest cat. She can smile for them both, for now. " Friends forever and ever! " she cheers.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
    I3iy2hK.png

Maybe a little bit- Featherpaw knew that was Pinkpaw's way of saying that it was, and he nodded in silent agreement. It was hurtful and mean and reasonless, and there was hardly any logic for Pinkpaw even bothering to forgive her. Despite it all, she kept coming back. Even when she'd annoyed him and he made that clear, even when he was no fun and forced her to spar with him for her safety and his peace of mind, she had kept coming back.

"It really doesn't matter, I p-puh... p-promise. I'm not upset with you." It was odd. Featherpaw had never bothered to reassure anyone else before- she hardly reassured herself, half the time. Instead she wobbled down paths of paranoia and snapped at things that encroached thorny walls, even when they were too soft to withstand the cuts.

There was effort- he could appreciate that, at least- to bother dampening the volume of her voice. And like everything was forgotten, as usual, Pinkpaw was purring and Featherpaw was looking at her, and it wasn't odd between them anymore. In that moment, Featherpaw realised she'd taken for granted her company being sought- had tried and tried to shove Pinkpaw away, and ended up better off that the tunneller had never let her manage it. Friends forever and ever!

Forever was a long time. Featherpaw was not sure how long she could manage to stay at forever's side without growing weak, growing afraid, and trying to sink in on herself again. But for now, they were friends... and would be. There was something contagious about Pinkpaw's happiness, even when Featherpaw could not understand it. Even when it frustrated him with its sourcelessness. If Pinkpaw could smile for the both of them, Featherpaw supposed he could frown for the both of them.

Now, though, Featherpaw didn't particularly feel like frowning. "I'd like that," Featherpaw murmured, her voice newly lilted with the curve of her smile. Yellow eyes were a little rounder, still sharp and bright as winter sun and hunting owl, but summer-shining too.
✦ penned by pin

• Love
Reactions: Floppie
She believes Featherpaw. She really does, cause what reason does he have to lie to her? Downypaw told her she's okay. Featherpaw told her she's okay... So she's gonna believe them both! " I trust you, " she mews, tail swishing in a now - relaxed back and forth. What point is there in being sad anyways? It'd just make her a mopey cat. A sad mopey cat that no one would ever want to be around... ( Though she guesses Featherpaw is a bit sad and mopey, and Pinkpaw liked being around her... ) She'd just... do better next time! Become the best fighter ever! The best tunneler ever, if that leads to being the best fighter ever...

She trusts him — so that's why she's totally not holding her breath to see what he would say; if he was okay with being friends for that long. And Pinkpaw tries not to make it a super big deal when Featherpaw smiles, cause she knows that made Featherpaw stop smiling before. But what if it is a deal so big that Pinkpaw just cant help but look on in wonderment... But she's a good friend like Featherpaw, so she clamps down on her lips before she can say something that'd make him all shy and stuff... Cause she wants to keep looking at it. She wants to keep looking at it, like, all the time!

But most importantly... this means it's working! If they just hung out enough, Featherpaw would be the happiest cat ever someday... she just had to make sure she doesn't pick up too much of his frowniness too. Which she almost almost did! But... Featherpaw brought her out of it. Maybe Featherpaw didn't really want to be a frowny cat. Maybe Sootstar or... or someone equally bad made her feel like she had to be a frowny cat...

I'd like that, she says, and Pinkpaw is happier than she's been since they left WindClan two moons ago... " Let's do – Let's to lots of stuff! " she suddenly says, leaping to her paws. " – When you're out! We're gonna go to Outlook Rock and – and Rabbit's Run! It'll be like... like before Sootstar got all mean... " Apparently she's always been all mean. Apparently... " – but better! " she insists.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
    I3iy2hK.png
    —— CURRENTLY 7 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH