private NEVER MEANT TO KNOW 𓆩♡𓆪 MARBLEPAW

Dawnglare would not gawk at the newcomer. Not in the way that ShadowClan undoubtable has — believing their times of bad tiding gone with the acquisition of a new little miss. Not in the way that their leader would likely think he ought to, when they inevitably hailed Marblepaw to the heavens, standing atop that stone as if they deserved to be as close to the stars as they were... Dawnglare's dalliance was one of mundane nature: a stutter in the introduction of... well that is just it, introduction. Meeting someone or something new. While Marble washes across his tongue without a scrap of familiarity to be found, something about the child gives him pause. If only the moonlight wasn't so strong... If only it was't so brilliant that it bleached all around it so thoroughly. In such a light, it was easy to pretend that anyone but him was meant be here.

When possible, he seizes his chance, rounding the pale molly whilst her mentor flaps her gums at something or other. He seeks resolution to his issue quickly — pushing himself close enough to observe the plains of her face without so much as a hello. Frustratingly, infuriatingly, it is just at the wisp - ends of his mind... Irritation pulls his gaze into something sharp and narrow. Like something to be dissected, he peers down at her. " Do I... know you? "

The mysticism of the evening has Marblepaw's head spinning still. The overwhelming fur-bleaching glow of the moonlight and the shimmering, rugged body of the Moonstone have her rapt attention. She is startled out of her reverie when the lanky, long-furred medicine cat addresses her directly. She turns her green gaze toward him, startled. "Do I... know you?" He asks, and she frowns, unsure. "You... look familiar," she murmurs. Oh, stars, but how is that possible? His scent is wet with pine sap, with the metallic blaze of Twoleg-adjacency. He's of SkyClan. When would she have met with the medicine cat of a Clan she's never visited?

But some memory tugs at her brain. The ground is cold beneath her, and her mother's milk has dried up. The mouse she'd shared with her brother is nothing but broken bones scattered between them. Her belly is concave, her ribs stark against dull tan kitten fluff. "Do you have any food," she'd asked the passerby, strong and well-fed and with a jawful of leaves...

"You... were in the Twolegplace, when I was small," she murmurs. It clicks for her, the shrewd pale blue eyes, the faint look of distaste. "I... I lived there, as a rogue. My mother was exiled from ShadowClan before I was born." Her voice is too-forward, too-earnest, sharing things that shouldn't be shared, but the awe-stricken nature of the evening still hasn't left her young body.

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit . Marblepaw, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 6 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by Starlingheart ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan medicine cat apprentice, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.

• Wow
Reactions: DAWNGLARE
Familiarity glimmers in her minds eye... Dawnglare is hesitant at the notion — does not like the implications that could come with such a thing. Of destiny or of fate... ShadowClan does not deserve to be painted in such a light. Then again... Perhaps none of the Wild Clans truly did. His favor is a divine one. One that he does nothing but lose passion for as the moons pass on and the sun is deader - yet - deader in the sky. He gives an answering sniff Crystalline eyes are searching, still.

She seems to find a correlation before he can. It makes sense — he is far more memorable than this scraggly she - cat. A wine - rich head sinks lower to her muffled word. Twolegplace... It certainly sounded like him. Tufted ears prick at the reveal that she was once of Twolegplace... A rogue, then... His face sinks in a rather animated display of disappointment. There was no merit in being a rogue where one did not have to be. Then again, the little miss was likely too young to make that decision for herself... My mother was exiled from ShadowClan before I was born Dawnglare blinks in reply. Languid, assessing. Weight is what that word carried... in this forest, at least.

It's gradual, the shift from quiet assessment to narrowed curiosity. " Exiled? " he parrots, breathy in the way that a proper clan cat would say the word. " It's remarkable that you still live, " he comments. If her mother had any sense of her, Marblepaw likely wouldn't be standing here now... What a circumstance to go from, and then end up here, bathed in holy light. A sudden intensity has him pressing further — was it Wildcat pettiness, or danger baked into her very likelihood? " What's in your blood, then? Murder? Betrayal? "

Spirits seem to stir as Dawnglare whispers the word. "Exiled?" It's poison between them, she knows it. Marblepaw shrinks away from his pointed questions, the fur along her spine beginning to bristle into pale spikes. "What's in your blood, then? Murder? Betrayal?" She thinks of Betonyfrost, of the venom bubbling on her lips, the flash of her teeth bared in her direction.

She closes her eyes, remembering the thick forest air of StarClan, the way the shadows drenched the world in opaque gray fog. She flicks her ears, as though she can hear the grass parting again, as though she can feel her mother's muzzle against her flank, warm and somehow imposing. StarClan feels real, she remembers thinking.

"That is your mother," Betonyfrost whisper-hisses into one ear. "That is your legacy. Had StarClan been kind to any of us you would have starved before either of us could see the other's face." Her belly clenches, feeling full of cold water.

But Dawnglare is not Betonyfrost. He does not know, and she has the power, now, to tell him — or to not. Marblepaw blinks, long and slow, and lets the ghosts in her chest settle. The spiked fur rests, flattens. "Both," she admits, a frown creasing her muzzle. "But... I'm not like her. I'm a medicine cat apprentice," she imposes, meeting his blue glare with hesitant conviction.

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit . Marblepaw, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 6 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by Starlingheart ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan medicine cat apprentice, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.