never rains in southern california // chitter

Nov 12, 2022
The patrol was a disaster, and Specter had really been worried that he'd have to actually restrain poor Chitter, and he had NOT been looking forwards to that. The Windrats really knew how to get under someones pelt, and fortunately for them, Specter had been there to stop it. If he hadn't been best friends with Chilledstar, he would have stepped aside, he would have let Chittertongue go for their throats. It would have been deserved too, he lets out a long sigh as they finally trudge back in to camp.

And he does something he hasn't done for anyone outside of his two closest cats, something that surprises him as well.

"Hey. Before you go running off," Specter turns his head to Chitter, slightly pinning his ears back to his skull. He had never been much of a comforter, nor a good listener, always feeling more than a little awkward whenever approached. "How about you and I go for a walk?" and the worst part of it is that he's not even sure what to say at this point. "You can burn off some steam and talk... If you need it." i'm here to listen; he finishes with a cough, turning his head as his cheeks flush beneath his fur. Ah... This shouldn't be this hard, but he's only used to being next to Chilled and Eerie, both of which made talking easy. He waits for a response.

// @CHITTERTONGUE
"speech"​

જ➶ Truly he feels sick to his stomach and he can't stop smiling. It strains his face and wild laughter bubbles up from his throat. It hurts. Starclan it hurts. But there is nothing he can do about it but endure it. His claws keep shredding the ground even as he walks for him still has half a notion to go back and shred both of those apprentices. He is about to part ways with the returning patrol when words catch his ears. One swivels back and he then turns to stare Spectermask in the face. "Burn off some steam?" The warrior's voice is strained and he looks quite mad in the way his eyes are so wide and suddenly he laughs. It is raw and sounds painful before he bites down with a snap of teeth. "I'd much rather be chewing on a Windclan corpse." To think that they can so freely make a joke out of someone's death. His mother's death makes him want to end them.

His eyes are quick to look away then as he breathes in harshly. "My mother...she was the first Shadowclan leader. She helped to keep everyone safe and alive and yet all they do his mock how she sacrifced herself for her kits. How she died! No one gives a rat's tail about what she did or how she was the reason Shadowclan survived!" No one cares and he highly doubts that cats of Shadowclan even cared either.

"Trust me, I get it." a man lost in his own head, Specter turns a green gaze to carefully watch Chitter's movements. Chitter was seething, rightfully so. Wide eyes, a smile, Specter tilts their head up with a hum. Did he always smile? He now tilts his head to the side. "Well, I don't, truly, but I can imagine." the only true, burning rage he felt was when he saw that apprentice pin down his own, and so much had gone through his head that he had gone for the throat of the one that he was fighting. Thunderclan, fox-hearts, cowardly.

"Come. Let's go." talk while we walk. His head jerks towards the pine trees beyond them. He talks of his mother, and they let out a low noise. He's not sure what it was. "... I know. What she did was an honorable thing," he feels like he's pulling words from nowhere, grasping on sticks that weren't connected to a tree. "Starclan houses her proudly." the word feels foreign on his tongue, and he hates it. He hates them, he dislikes the Stars, but he hates the fact that he cannot deny their existence. He cannot live so blindly in ignorance, as he once did, before Chilled became leader.

"The other Clans do that. Just wait until something happens to their leaders." he speaks as if it were a fact, as if there weas no room for discussion. Hit them the hardest with low blows, right? Especially Windclan. "If it makes you feel any better, next time i'll let you get a few swipes in." his tones off, and its hard to tell if he's joking. Even they're not sure themselves, would they let him get in some punches? They think for a moment. Probably. He waits for Chitter to keep the conversation going.
"speech"​