pafp NEVER WALK ALONE // explaining duties

SHADOWRUNNER

TO BECOME STRONGER
Mar 5, 2023

\╱╲I SEE A RED DOOR & I WANT IT PAINTED BLACK╱╲/
It really hadn't been all that long ago when he had become an apprentice. A great honour in his mind, but he also understood that it could be overwhelming for some. So when it came to the likes of the newest apprentices he decided to do his very best to support them, like any good clanmate should. He would leave the main brunt to Whitepaw's mentor of course, but he knew he could at least show her the more basic duties that took place within the camp.

"It's important to clean out the nursery and elder dens often, that way it doesn't start to stink or become uncomfortable for the kits and elders. I'm sure you must have seen the other apprentices cleaning out the nursery during the time you were in there. I tend to find that moss can be found growing on rocks, and feathers can be taken from the prey pile." He explained as he wandered through the camp with the younger apprentice at his side. He wouldn't lie but he was finding it all rather thrilling! "So, any questions before we continue with the duties rundown?"

//wait for @whitekit

NO COLOURS ANYMORE I WANT THEM TO TURN BLACK
╲╱╲╱╲╱

Reactions: Sheogorath
She had followed the older apprentice pretty easily, as despite her displeasure with the daylight, she was still excited to be an apprentice. So getting a rundown of the basic duties of an apprentice was quite an exciting notion to her. "How often is "often"?" She asked softly after thinking for a moment. While she knew the nursery likely got cleaned when she was younger given, it was a large number of kits, she never really witnessed it, often sleeping or playing when it did happen. "Is it daily or every other day?" She added, looking up at the bigger apprentice.
[I'M BREATHING]

\╱╲I SEE A RED DOOR & I WANT IT PAINTED BLACK╱╲/
"Hrm... usually every few days, unless there's a bunch of kits, then it's like... nearly everyday? Kits can be pretty messy. The elders aren't too bad in comparison so every few days tends to suffice. I think they just like the company more." Shadowpaw explained with a slight shrug. He preferred to poke his head in to check whenever possible, generally using his nose to judge when things needed doing. Smell was usually a good way to judge when things needed done.

"Another duty of ours is to check through the freshkill pile. Nobody wants to eat old meat, especially when the maggots have gotten in. This definitely needs done daily during times of plenty, less so when it's leafbare since we have less prey coming in. When getting rid of the old prey that no one wants ensure to dispose of it far from the camp. Bury it if you can. We don't want predators being lured here by it." If he was honest he had not yet seen the prey pile fully stocked to the point of waste, but from tales told by the older warriors he knew such times were ahead of them given the improving seasons.

NO COLOURS ANYMORE I WANT THEM TO TURN BLACK
╲╱╲╱╲╱

There is much comfort to be found in the banal nature of their duties. Meager chores, action without thought. Sunstride does not enjoy them, but the mere thought that any might brings a glimmer of amusement to him. Certainly there are some that find such genuine joy in what keeps their paws busy; he was simply not among them. It does not seem that these apprentices are, either. Though Whitepaw is following with studious sincerity, asking her questions when they come to mind, it seems that it is responsibility which calls them. The eager search not of chores but of authority. To do more, be more– in Shadowpaw's case, to teach more. He smiles at the sight of them, coming closer with warmth to his gaze. It is not the expression he has needed of late, with all the troublesome apprentices and their choices.

How refreshing, to feel as he once had when confronted with cats of this age: pleased. "Well remembered, Shadowpaw," Sunstride praises lightly. "It would bring great harm to those we protect, if we left our prey to rot near our walls." Pale eyes find Whitepaw, with a serious yet comfortable weight behind them. "Now that you have joined the apprentices, it is your duty as well, to protect those that call these moors home. Even in ways such as changing moss, or burying prey. Not all that we do is glorious, but we find glory in everything we do."
border2.png

• ooc:
  • SUNSTRIDE. named for his coloration and his bold chasing of fate.
    —— cis male, he - him. thirty-six moons old. lead warrior of windclan and former rogue.
    —— gay, but somewhat closeted. will not be open about his interests.  single, will be so.
    —— seems comparatively stranger than who he was some moons ago, serious and cool.

sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond its borders, with fur that flames red at its base and deepens to a burnt amber with every whorl and stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of him.
  • "speech"