New World, Familiar faces ~ Joining

Moonshadow

𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃𝓈 & 𝒱𝒶𝑔𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓈
Jun 14, 2022
ALL THE KING'S HORSES

Lunaria was standing at the edge of the moorlands, the moon above bathing the territory in the silvery glow of its majesty. One by one the stars awoke from their slumber as if wanting to be present for the former royal maidens' next step in life. With a sapphire gaze that rivaled the gemstones themselves, the black smoke would take a deep breath and venture deeper into the moors.

She held an air of respectful confidence about her, should she run into the group she had overheard was rumored to have moved here. In truth, she was coming to see if this was where Weasel had vanished off too as she had not seen the brown tom in the barn for at least a day. Once the scents of the strange cats were at their thickest, she would stop, ebony and alabaster columns holding the molly up strongly, and her face gave away none of her cautions. Would they welcome her? Had they taken in Weasel? On the chance that he was here, would he vouch for her?

All of these questions and more swirled within Lunaria's mind as she took a seat and prepared herself to wait with patience.

dbk3fn0-1dd883ac-b75e-4c8c-9aee-5f7bbdfc4056.png

Like a pale shadow against the moor, Hyacinth stuck out like a sore paw. A ghost amongst the shimmering flatlands, with cold blue eyes glaring down the stranger from a distance. Her tail flicked idly behind her, and she subtly remembered Soot's commands. She was to watch Weasel with Inkylotus; and she did, when she could. Still, breaking away from the rest of the group in favor of greeting the stranger.

"You're in WindClan's land. Name and business."

Nevermind how pretty this one was, Hyacinth wasn't one to look at other mollies like she did her beloved soulmate. She blinked slowly, petite body much smaller than the raven-colored molly. Her tail flicked behind her, obviously irritated by her arrival.

"And you better answer quickly, or else I'll chase you out like you're prey."

ALL THE KING'S HORSES

Lunaria would blink slowly as a silver molly appeared before her as if born from the moonlight itself. She would be quick to dip her head in respectful greeting, and would not seem to be insulted by the she-cat's harsh greeting. It was to be expected, Lunaria was on their land, after all.

"Please, pardon my intrusion into your home." She would begin, her head still slightly bowed in a gesture of goodwill, "I have come here both in search of an acquaintance, and to humbly request to join your ranks." She didn't know if this she-cat was the leader or not, but it was better to be safe than sorry later when it came to courtesy.

"I understand if you are turning joiners away, but I can hunt and fight and I have no reservations swearing my loyalty to this group should that be required of me."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ He's a new WindClan member, but already the moors have seeped their way into his core. The open sky and the heather-flecked hills are as much a part of him as any of his kin, moreso than the barn had ever been. So when he sees Hyacinth confronting a trespasser, his own guard is up, and he comes to stand next to her to narrow pale blue eyes at the stranger.

Only, she's not a stranger. He flicks an ear, a small smile creasing his white muzzle. "So you've come, too. Took you long enough." It's the friendliest greeting he can manage while still appearing tough in front of Hyacinth.

He glances over his shoulder, then back to Lunaria. "Soot is our leader. She's the only one who can accept you." Weasel sweeps his tail across the grass. Their leader is a new mother, so her time is being split between kits and the Clan, but he knows she'll want to judge Luna for herself.
✦ PENNED BY MARQUETTE.

dey3ui7-b960f9d3-2e74-46e9-938b-2a199a9500e0.png

When she smelled horse-dung it was a smack in the face. Had Weasel really not managed to get that scent out of his fur...? Or was the odor stained into his tabby fur? She follows it, very well expecting her paws to be placed before the tom.

That's partially what she gets, but there are two others.
Hyacinth, and a stranger, the one who now plagued the moors with horse stench.

"You know this she-cat?" Soot blinks in surprise, her heart silently shattering in two. She doesn't know why she bothers to care... yet she prays the two barn cats are not a pair. If that was the case, he would've brought her with surely... Her inner voice tries to confidently assure.

She gives a reluctant glance to Hycanith before returning her gaze to Weasel, "Can you vouch for her? Do you believe she'd be a good and loyal asset to WindClan?" She places the she-cats fate within WindClan into his paws.

ALL THE KING'S HORSES

A familiar face would appear, and Lunaria would finally lift her head to blink a quiet greeting to her former Barn-mate. "It is hard to follow when you don't tell any cat where you're going." Her voice was quiet, though perhaps just a smidge of scolding within it, but otherwise her expression was one of stoic calm.

Soot. The name of her hopefully future leader would finally be given to her and she measures the name in her mind. She's still pondering on it when yet another cat appears. The way they hold themselves is different, and Lunaria can sense the authority that rolls off them in an instant.

Lunaria sees the surprise in the molly's gaze and then the subtle glimmers of hurt as she questions weasel about knowing her. "We are not mates." She speaks in a clear tone, not wanting to start their interaction off on a sore note, "Weasel was simply the first cat I met when I reached these lands. He is an acquaintance."

Hoping those words out Soot's fears to rest, Lunaria would dip her head once more, her ears folding back against her skull and her plume-like tail curling so as to rest elegantly against her side, "My name is Lunaria. It is an honor to meet the leader of this territory. Should Weasel vouch for me, I swear upon my claws and fangs that I will be as loyal as a shadow to you and your home." The words and the pose she struck were reminiscent of the land she came from, and the manners she had been taught. While it did not appear that this group had a royal family as hers did, she still wanted to show the proper respect to the one who would decide her fate.

Weasel's arrival as the she-cat stated her intentions made Hyacinth's eyes narrowed in suspicion. His familiarity with this cat made her doubt his credibility; were they spies, trying to take over WindClan? Or perhaps, lovers who believe they're meant to be together despite the distance? Distaste flooded her gaze as she thought of such, only interrupted by Soot's arrival. The smaller, pale molly stepped back a bit, allowing Soot to take the spotlight and instead falling beside her to flank her side protectively.

Her facial expression never shifted from the neutral downturn of her lips, but there was a cold gaze that burned through Lunaria and Weasel. Suspicion. And then surprise, when Soot let Weasel decide on if her loyalty is true.

"Ma'am, I don't think-" She halted mid-sentence, clearing her throat before dipping her head to Soot in respect. "My apologies, Soot. I don't mean to undermine your authority, but is it.. Wise, to let this.. newcomer.. decide? Surely you must be suspicious of him and his intentions still?"

Reactions: Marquette
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Soot manifests like smoke after a fire, her green eyes blazing at the newcomer and then at Weasel. "You know this she-cat?" Weasel detects nothing unusual about her question. He gives a brief nod. "She lived at the barn with me for a little bit." He looks to Lunaria and flicks an ear. "She's polite, respectful. She can hunt. She's not a kittypet or some reckless rogue."

But Lunaria seems to have gotten something from Soot's facial expression that Weasel has missed. She claims calmly that they are not mates, only friends. The tabby's skin burns beneath his fur in embarrassment. "Of course we're not mates! Sheesh..." He scowls at Lunaria's admonition, stating he should have told her he was leaving. He has to admit he likes her better than many of the barn cats, but he owes her no fealty.

And then Hyacinth, so bossy despite having as much authority as him, intervening and acting as though Weasel is a threat as well as Lunaria.

"I come from the barn, not an enemy Clan," he tells her, ears flattening. "Mind your own business." A grudging part of him has to admire the dedication to the Clan, but he doesn't know why he's still under scrutiny.
✦ PENNED BY MARQUETTE.

This was another reason Leech didn't like adults. How long had this weasel brain been here for?. A couple days, a week?. He honestly didn't count but all he know was the moment this weasel had come to thier moors alongside Soot he had suddenly become a favorite to thier leader. Whatever had happend he was convinced the weasel had bewitched thier leader in someway in the only way he knew how and what all adults fall victim to. Love. Gross, disgusting. If there was anything he knew it was that love was nothing but poison that ruined another cat for good or left scars that never would heal. If there was something he had decided he never would do it was to love another cat, ever.

" Yeah, a barn cat with kittypet blood for sure." He would mutter to himself with distate upon the tongue. It was still shooking to him how Soot could have let this kittypet join them and was now letting them decide if more kittypets could join them or not. It was a bad decision even if they needed more cats or not. Letting kittypets join them was only giving them more kits mouths to feed since they where all incompetent when it come to hunting and fighting. It wouldn't take long before Windclan would become Kittypetclan. Tch. Maybe he should have stayed in the swamp after all...or gone with Cicada instead. Didn't matter where he would have decide to go though. He still hated them all.

dey3ui7-b960f9d3-2e74-46e9-938b-2a199a9500e0.png

Soot is usually pleased to hear words like Lunaria spoke from joiners, but they were meaningless when she had a cat who could testify for them. It was one thing to speak highly of yourself, another for a feline to speak highly of you. She flicks an ear in acknowledgment to the she-cat but notably doesn't seem to care... Well- aside from the comment on the mate's issue.

She wrinkles her nose in shock, "What? No- ...that's not what I was fishing for." A bald-faced lie, but she could be convincing when she wanted to. As much as she'd love to defend herself more she was aware the longer they stood on this topic the more obvious it'd get.

Soot has mixed feelings about Hycaniths concern, on one paw Soot did not ask... but on another, she appreciated the concern for the clan. Ultimately she is indifferent and replies, "We'll see this as his test. If he vouches for Lunaria and she doesn't meet our expectations... then we exile them both." Her tone was as cool and unwavering as ever, even if it did put a pit in her stomach. Don't lie to me...

Weasel speaks well of her, nothing too over the top too so it was believable.
She opens her maw to speak, but hears Leech vaguely mutter what sounded like nonsense behind her, "What was that?" She shoots the inquiry, her tone clearing stating that she really meant better shut your trap or I will for you. She isn't sure exactly what she heard, but she got the gist enough to know she wouldn't have been pleased.

After some time her eyes wander back to Lunaria. "You may join. But you are to obey all my soldiers, until you've proven yourself they still are higher standing than you. Hycanith, I'd like you to keep an eye on barn cat number two here for the next couple of days."

"Welcome to WindClan."

Reactions: ~ Zaeya ~
He hears what the little punk who has come to join them says, and the fur along his spine begins to bristle. Did this little worm just call me a kittypet? He turns his head slowly and fixes the young cat a glare composed of silver-blue ice. He allows Soot to finish welcoming Lunaria into the Clan before he speaks.

"Say something like that again where I can hear it and I'll knock your jaw off, you piece of fox-dung." He lashes his tail, but he turns back around before the impudent cat can respond.

"Welcome, Lunaria. I hope you'll come to find WindClan a home worth protecting." He doesn't want to linger too long with the black she-cat; Hyacinth's comments, as well as Leech's, have made it clear to him he isn't as accepted as he had previously thought.

As long as Soot does, that's all that matters. Their opinions are dirt.

PENNED BY MARQUETTE

Soot's inevitable acceptance of this femme made Hyacinth narrow her eyes towards the stranger, before straightening up. There's a subtle glare shot towards Weasel, a distasteful scoff under her breath as she watched the male gain a new ally in their group. It was starting to make sense, the tension in the air- her eyes scanned Soot's body, examining her posture around Lunaria. Her eyes flashed through so many emotions in a few moments, and she found herself growing uneasy.

Once again, she was tasked with watching over another stranger. Weasel's words causes her eyes to narrow in warning, but she chooses the more passive route- ignoring him. She lowers her head in respect to Soot, before turning back to Leech and frowning. "Shouldn't you be hunting, Leech?" She reminds the male sternly, trying to move him from the topic of what he said under his breath.

"I'll keep an eye out on her, Ma'am." She replies dutifully, stiffly taking a step to turn herself to face them again. She makes eye contact with Weasel, and there's a dark warning there.

And you, too. Barn cat.

Oh great they had heared him. Fucking fantastic. Leech expression turned even more sour only for a second changing into something more...uncertain as Soot went for him first. If there was anyone in this clan he actually feared it most be her. Soot reminded him far to much about his own mother with that cold apathy she had and when she was displeased with something you knew. Her glares where haunting and he hated how she made him feel just as much he hated seeing his mother in her sometimes. Now was one of this times as he obiviously demanded for him to shut his trap or something would happen. It made you wonder why he had joined a clan with a leader who could made him feel so small. But maybe that was exactly why he had joined Windclan, like a pathetic lost boy chasing the ghost of his mother.

" N-Nothing..." He would mumble patheticly underneath his breath as he didn't even dared to look directly at her. Her message had been clear and that alone would have been enough to shut the angry boy down. But no, more cats had heared him, and that was when his sour moody self returned back into the game again. Leech cast a pissed of glare at Weasel with bared teeths. Was that a threat right now?!. " Touch me and i will bite your paw off!." He fired back unable to hold his tongue in check to not say anything about a comment like that.

Hyacinth commanding voice snapt the angsty tom out from his glaring contest with Weasel but only so he could glare at her now. The fact she was ordering him around really annoyed him. Whatever, he didn't wanted to waste anymore of his time with this kittypets anyway. Lunaria had already got accepted and his opinion didn't matter only the 'barn' cat did who had bewitched thier leader. Tch. Leech would snort and with a low growl rising in his throat to express his annoyence with this whole situation he disappeared into some tall grass to leave them at peace.

// out