Nice of you to drop in [private]

john3.webp

MY WORLDS ON FIRE, HOW 'BOUT YOURS?
THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE IT AND I NEVER GET BORED."

”Well, you certainly know how to make an entrance, I’ll give you that.” Johnny mused after dropping the rodent and nudging it toward them. He’d met a lot of cats in his day but he had to admit that he’d never quite met one like that before. ”Though, I have to imagine that Starclan dropped you in our camp for a reason.”

He wasn’t sure if that reason was good or bad yet, but he was certain with time they’d find out. For now he was keen on giving them the benefit of the doubt. After all, what they’d gone through couldn’t be anything short of traumatic and he wouldn’t be surprised if the other cat had his eyes on the sky for the next few moons. ”I brought you some lunch in case you're hungry. Hope you like mouse.“

@BIRDY

john33.webp

TAGS — "Hah," Birdy chuckles dryly at Johnnyflame's humorous greeting. He's sure he'll find this whole thing much funnier after his ribs stop aching, but for now a single chuckle can be considered successful on Johnny's part, he supposes. At least he can chuckle without falling into fits of coughing, or without being completely immobilized by pain. Maybe he should be thankful, or something. That weird Dawn-guy had done a decent enough job.

Birdy swipes the mouse towards himself without so much as a thank you. It's probably not personal. He's just so hungry, and the mouse is so good, and Johnnyflame was kind or whatever but really the flavor is all he's thinking about. The flavor and... StarClan. It's a word he's heard a few times now, but hasn't inquired after yet. "Um, yeah," he mumbles around a mouthful, "this, like, StarClan thing — what is that all about?" A chocolate ear flicks as he shifts his gaze up to Johnnyflame once more. Hopefully the lead warrior was practiced in patience.

john3.webp

MY WORLDS ON FIRE, HOW 'BOUT YOURS?
THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE IT AND I NEVER GET BORED."

He didn’t say anything as the cat began scarfing the mouse down, obviously hungry. There was no collar on them, and since they didn’t appear to come from one of the other clans either, that left the assumption that they were a loner of some kind, a cat who roamed the world alone and looked after themselves. He wondered when the last time he ate a decent meal was.

Johnnyflame didn’t eat the prey they caught, knowing full well he’d always have a full bowl of food at home waiting for him. It felt wrong to take from cats who didn’t have that same luxury, and so he didn’t mind one bit that Birdy seemed to lack etiquette.

”Oh, that’s right! I always forget that’s a clan thing.” he chuckled as he took a seat, scratching lightly at the red leather collar around his neck to dislodge a twig that’d gotten stuck there earlier on patrol.

”Starclan is basically where we go when we die. Sounds a bit crazy, I know, but there’s been proof enough that our ancestors are up there watching us, so I’ve come to accept it since I first joined. We’ve got cats here that can even communicate with them sometimes- Fireflyglow and Dawnglare.”

john33.webp