private NIGHT SKY IS GLOWING [pinkpaw]

༄༄ In the tumultuous rush of emotions that came with speaking to their wayward kit while a battle raged around them, Scorchstreak had not felt the absence of their apprentice in any significant way. And in the aftermath, they had simply not considered Pinkpaw at all, not when Rumblerain ran away with Granitepelt and the remnants of Sootstar’s clan. They had not seen their apprentice amongst those who laid dead on the ground, and that was good enough to settle their concern. They had regrouped with her later, of course, relieved and grateful that they hadn’t lost a second apprentice to the will of the stars.

Today, the tunneler and their younger counterpart are out on patrol. The tunnels, surprisingly, are not in terrible shape—but it is obvious that Sootstar did not have as many tunnelers to spare once she chased half the clan from their home. Grimacing, Scorchstreak swipes at a leaf that’s found its way into the darkness, and their claws sink through it with ease. It tears into two and flutters back to the ground. She sighs, and sweeps the leaf aside with her tail. She’ll collect it on the way back, along with the rest of the mess that lies around the tunnels.

As they walk, Scorchstreak remains silent for the most part, chewing at the inside of her cheek. She responds to any of Pinkpaw’s chattering with only half-aware noises of agreement, plus the occasional unimpressed glance, and says little in the way of conversation. Then they reach a point in the tunnels where the earth below and above them turns to clay, and Scorchstreak speaks up, in a low and stilted tone. "Pinkpaw," she hesitates, paws twitching against the ground.

She cannot see the younger tunneler, grayed-out fur blending in with the shadows that surround them both, but she attempts to meet Pinkpaw’s eyes anyway."You’ve been very brave, through all of this. I’m proud of you." The words roll off of her tongue—they’re not exactly what she had intended to say, but they hold the same meaning. She is thankful that the younger calico remains at her side, not following in the pawsteps of a traitor or lying cold in the dirt somewhere. "I’m glad that you’re my apprentice, even if you don’t like being a tunneler." Scorchstreak is not a cat known for lying; her words ring true in the darkness, a genuine smile forming on her muzzle. It has hardly been three months since Pinkpaw was made an apprentice, and already she’s witnessed countless horrors. Being a tunneler seems the least of her worries now, but she doubts that Pinkpaw’s concern over it would fade so easily.

// @PINKPAW

Pinkpaw can’t really tell the difference between a good tunnel and a bad tunnel just yet. It was all… just dirt, either way. They were basically all bad tunnels. All pitch darkness and grubby dirty paws… But its not as bad as she’d thought it had been. Horseplace had been like, um, a break… But it wasn’t a good break. It was a scary break were her sister was missing, And her family… she still didn’t know were some of them were. She missed the sun now just as much as she had in horseplace, but at least now she had an answer for when she’d see it again, even if Scorchstreak didn’t answer all that enthusiastically…

She doesn’t really know what to think when Scorchstreak suddenly talks after saying a whole bunch of nothing… Maybe she was gonna be all like… why’d you let Downypaw get that ugly scar? And um… here’s the best way to decorate your pelt with spiders… And Pinkpaw wouldn’t be able to scream and run away, cause decorating her pelt with spiders was way better than um…how things were before. Also, she would probably just run into a thousand dirt walls…

But, oh, she’s brave, actually… She wanted to be brave! Her bewildered blinks probably don’t come across in the dark, but they’re super real. " Reallly? " She’s proud of her! Pinkpaw puffs up her chest, smiling as wide as she could smile while being in a creepy dark tunnel…

I’m glad that you’re my apprentice, even if you don’t like being a tunneler. Pinkpaw scuffs her paws in the dirt. Lying wasn’t good, but she’d be honest enough if she says: " I don’t hate it… I just really really really really really really don’t like it! " Maybe if the tunnels were less creepy and full of worms and bugs… The rest would be okay. " At least I… I got the coolest and bravest mentor! " Scorchstreak had taught her that not all tunnelers were weird and dumb and gross… just most of them… Scorchstreak and Rattleheart were exceptions! It must be ‘cause they’re kin…

" Scorchstreak, can you teach me to be the coolest and best fighter ever, pretty please? " she suddenly asks. Icky Rabbit…whatever couldn’t do that. She doesn’t know if even Rattleheart could do that. But… but Scorchstreak totally could.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
  • NOTE: SHE IS A FEVER COAT BABY!!
    I3iy2hK.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.
    —— SHE / HER; UNOPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 6 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with sunburst eyes ringed blue around her pupils (central heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!
    HEAVY IC OPINIONS! Pinkpaw is a very irrational and childish character!​

༄༄ Pinkpaw sounds surprised, and the warrior lightly flicks her tail into the apprentice’s face in response to her incredulous question. "Yes, really." She fights the urge to scoff. Scorchstreak may be guilty, may be dishonorable, but she is not a liar, and never has been. And she finds lying about such trivial things to be pointless, anyway. If Pinkpaw was doing poorly, Scorchstreak would simply tell her that. Her expectations may be high, but her apprentice has done well enough to at least meet them. "Ah, that’s my bad," she murmurs as Pinkpaw refutes her assumption of hatred. A look of amusement settles onto her face as the apprentice goes on about how cool and brave Scorchstreak is—she does not see herself as any more brave or cool than the rest of the clan, or than her fellow tunnelers. But if the smaller calico wants to believe such things, then who is she to complain? At least it seems she has gained Pinkpaw’s respect, even if she has yet to sway her opinion of the tunnels.

Suddenly the girl asks for Scorchstreak to teach her to be the best fighter ever, and golden eyes narrow slightly. She isn’t even a great fighter—but Pinkpaw hasn’t realized that, it seems. Still, after participating in multiple battles of a rebellion, perhaps giving the girl some extra battle training is the least that she could do. "I can train you in fighting for a certain amount of time each day," she concedes with a shrug. She normally wouldn’t bother with in-depth battle training; for a tunneler, the tunnels are their defense. But WindClan is not a safe place, and enemies in the tunnels have taken lives before. "But only after we get our daily duties finished. Does that sound fair?" A bit of dedicated battle training each day could certainly do her some good, as well. The clan will be under constant threat of attacks from Granitepelt and whatever loyalists he took with him; she’ll need to stay sharp, as well.

Reactions: PINKSHINE
Yes, really, Scorchstreak tells her, and Pinkpaw puffs her chest out even further, pinstripe tail forming a pleased curl above her head. Scorchstreak thinks she's super brave, and not foolish this time! She'll be even braver next time, when she can defeat every oponent with one swing and not get any scratches or nothing! ...As long as Scorchstreak teaches her how to of course, which is why she turns her attention very keenly to the tortoiseshell, putting on her prettiest, most polite face in hopes that it would sway Scorchstreak to the objectively best option... Scorchstreak makes a face that she's preetty sure is a thinking - but - im - totally - about - to - say - yes face. Pinkpaw leans just a little tiny bit closer...

And she cheers, " Yaaay! " when her mentor concedes. Fighting every day, she bets she could become one of the best in like, a moon tops! But only after we get our daily duties finished. Does that sound fair?

Okay... Pinkpaw ponders this: boring daily duties. Yawn. She'd just have to become the best tunneler ever too, so she could get all of that stuff out of the way as fast as possible... If Rabbitclaw could do it, it was probably pretty easy, right? And then while Downypaw is recovery she can come and tell them all about their day, and Featherpaw too... Well, if he wants to hear...

" Mm - hm, " Pinkpaw finally hums. " I'll get real good at patrolling, too... I'll be the best ever!" boldly, she declares.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
    I3iy2hK.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.
    —— CURRENTLY 6 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with sunburst eyes ringed blue around her pupils (central heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!

༄༄ Pinkpaw’s reaction is over-the-top excitement, and Scorchstreak’s expression shifts to something put-upon. How does this bright-eyed apprentice keep convincing her to agree to things like that? Yes, perhaps she has developed a soft spot for the younger tunneler, but that is a stray thought for another day. "You’ll be one of the greatest tunnelers in the clan when I’m done with you, but you’ve certainly got a long way to go." Her eyes shift to the line of shadow that marks the tunnel’s wall—she will be training Pinkpaw for nearly another year. It will be almost a full cycle of the seasons before her apprentice is considered fully-trained. Scorchstreak hopes that by then she will have mastered not only the art of tunneling, but the art of keeping her voice down. "Patrolling is the easiest part, but it’s no less important than digging or fighting." Patrolling also happens to be the calico warrior’s least favorite part of her duty as a warrior, but with Pinkpaw at her side, at least the task is made a bit more interesting.

She snorts, tail whipping behind her as she settles back into doing her job. There is so much to be done, they cannot stand around talking for too long. Her paws are moving almost without conscious thought, carrying her farther into the tunnel. "First things first, what should you do if we’re out on patrol and you smell something weird or dangerous?" She pauses once again not too far from her apprentice, paws pressing into a portion of the tunnel’s wall that feels less stable than the rest. Stars, she hates clay. She frequently finds herself wondering if the tunnel in RiverClan’s direction is really that important, but she knows that it is just her frustration talking.

Pinkpaw wrinkles her nose, unsure if she even wants to be the best tunneler ever... (What would that make her, best ever at having dirt between her toes and spitting spiders at cats? Or something) but she doesn't hate the idea as much as she used to. If she has to, she guesses she'll do it... She listens to Scorchstreak carefully... Cause what she was telling her was the most important stuff Pinkpaw might ever listen to... stuff that would make her the best warrior ever... and tunneler too maybe, if she feels like it... No less important hunting or fighting... Pinkpaw gives her mentor a skeptical look, but so far, doesn't argue.

And then... it's time for a quiz! A super scary in the dark quiz! But maybe when she's focused on getting things right, she can focus less on how super scary and in the dark it is... Well if its a mystery smell she's gotta know what it is! " Investigate! " But if it's a danger smell... " No, run away! " Was it dangerous or mysterious? dangerous and... not mysterious? Maybe just mysterious? " No, um... ask... you what to do? "
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
    I3iy2hK.png
    —— CURRENTLY 7 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH