private NO LUCK, NO LOVE, NO GOSPEL I COULD UNDERSTAND ♡ palefire

Dec 21, 2023
Badgerstripe had been a ghost floating about camp, no more than a wordless husk of her former self. She had gone radio silent since the night of the wolf invasion, unable to look her friends in the eyes as they returned, and unwilling to speak to them after. She had deserted them, left them to handle the guilt on their own, for she couldn't shoulder theirs on top of her own. What kind of a friend was she?

But there was no escaping them. She had watched them all be pushed out socially, ridiculed and poorly treated for their mistakes. For her mistake. As hard as she tried to ignore it and focus on her own brooding, each altercation between her friends and her Clanmates had only worsened her own guilt. If she confronted them now, would she be doing it for them, or for her?

Palefire and Lightflower has seen the worse of it. Badgerstripe didn't have the guts to talk to Lightflower yet, not after she insulted her to get her to follow her stupid idea. But Palefire was always the more level-headed of the group, stern as she was with a heart of gold. If she had to try, she would start with her.

Badgerstripe found her friend near the fresh-kill pile, on her lonesome, and approached her slowly and warily. With each step, she hesitated, and thought about retreating back to her nest to do this another day. Tomorrow, she said, every passing day. [/i]I'll do it tomorrow.[/i] Tomorrow had to be.. now. She couldn't keep avoiding them after what she did to them. They needed the closure.. but was it their closure, or hers?

The tortoiseshell cleared her throat to get Palefire's attention, and her blood ran cold when the molly looked up at her. This may as well have been the first time she's willingly talked to any of them since the night of their ceremonies. She.. had to make this right, one step at a time. "Palefire. I.." she greeted curtly, then paused, holding her breath. Whatever she had rehearsed in her mind had gone with the wind. She had to choke out her next words; "Look.. can we talk? Just you and me?"
  • speech is #FB8B24
  • badger.png

• badgerkit badgerpaw BADGERSTRIPE
    ━━ WARRIOR of THUNDERCLAN | 13 MOONS ,, ages every 21st
    ━━ NPC xx NPC | SIBLING to n/asibling adopts here!
    ━━ MATE to none | PARENT to none
    ━━ MENTOR to none | MENTORED by BURNSTORM

• Sad
Reactions: Lightflower