pafp Nonchalant || o. Lost, again

Spoon.

Huh? What'd you say?
Nov 25, 2023

[ ༻ ⊹ ༺ ] Spoon hadn't shown up in the past few weeks since his arrival due to his owners keeping him indoors for a bit as he had an unwanted visit for an health check by some nasty smelling two-legs, and after that? Spoon was allowed out once more this time fashioning a collar with a tie and collar as he wondered about Skyclan's territory trying to find camp only to his dismay to bump into Slate. The scent was recognizable compared to the slightly blurred fur. "I can't find the camp..." the daylight apprentice explain. His crossed gaze looking at the other with a frown on his lips.

The cold wind ripping at his fur as other scents clinged to his nose, detecting that Slate was perhaps in a patrol with others, so Spoon was in luck because hopefully he could tag along with them and make his journey back to the camp to do whatever chores he was deemed to do for that day after his long unintended absence from the scenes.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Spoon He/Him, Daylight Apprentice of Skyclan, 9 moons.
    Tall silver tabby with yellow eyes and low white. Looks bored all the time. Cross-eyed, and visually impaired.
    NPC x NPC
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

@SLATE !!

The lead warrior regards the younger tom with a typical frown, narrowed gaze recollecting a memory of this fellow who had joined SkyClan not too long ago. He obviously had not stuck around for long, but now he was back ( and wearing something ridiculous ). Had he finally tired of his twolegs, seeking out the thrill of the forest for a day? "Of course you can't. Kittypets don't got a sense of direction. They just know how to get lost." And wind up on our borders, apparently. He pauses momentarily, peering to meet Spoon's gaze, noting the odd way his pupils sat close together. Slate had completely forgotten about this tom's visual impairment, seeing as they had only met once, but that does not serve as an excuse for Slate. Plenty of cats were damaged, whether it be their hearing or their ability to walk. They made do. "Your nose works, don't it?" The lead warrior grunts.

Whatever. They were wasting time just standing around and going back and forth. Slate had prey to catch and now he would have to take a detour. The Maine Coon reluctantly accepts the task to guide Spoon, and with a deep sigh, he instructs curtly, "Follow me, 'n keep up." Slate turned on his heels to start padding in the direction of camp, empty-jawed, irritated.

• oops forgor to include an apprentice tag @Cherrypaw
    slate
    he/him; lead warrior of skyclan
    a hulking, scarred charcoal-black colored maine coon with amber eyes
    "speech", thoughts, attack
    link to full tags; @ on discord or dm @beaaats for plots!​

Last edited:
————————————————————⊰★★★⊱———————————————————

It was exhausting hearing this nonstop anti-kittypet rhetoric. She was a good warrior, she hunted and didn't eat often because she had her kibble back home, she trained Edenpaw here and back in their twoleg nest when it was quiet and her owner was out, she did her patrols, she enjoyed her clanmates but somehow everyday it felt a little darker here. Maybe no longer having a former kittypet leader was making the loud and hateful cats more bold, maybe she should talk to Orangestar about it. What was there to do when it was so many voices? Hazelbeam inhaled sharply through her nose and stalked forward with her head held high.

"I make it to camp fine, Slate." The black and blue spotted molly remarks, rolling her eyes as she pads along forward past the big prickly brute of a tom to face Spoon with a smile, "C'mon Spoony, I will walk you there instead." So he didn't have to hear Slate's voice complaining about him the entire time back. Her ice blue eyes narrowed at the lead warrior in passing, tail flicking out to the silver tabby's shoulder in a friendly gesture. If he wasn't going to offer kindness to her fellow kittypet SkyClanners then she could do it herself.

• Apprentice Tag- @edenpaw ?!

• 75204766_i8QXUtYv5cuKxDF.png
    Hazelbeam
    —⊰⋅ Daylight Warrior of SkyClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ SH Black/Blue Chimera w/blue eyes
    - Does NOT wear her witch hat while hunting or on patrol.

Cherrypaw absentmindedly brushes her tail along @edenpaw ?! 's back, in lieu of twining her tail around their non-existent one like she did with Lupinepaw. Had done, she supposes, because Lupinepaw would probably only want to do it with Falconpaw now. Not that she cared; she had Edenpaw to dote on instead. And to cry on, should the past week happen to have been so terrible.

Spoon's appearance coaxes a mean little smile out of her face—only a kittypet would be born with such stupid-looking eyes—but Slate's words don't strike her as any wrong until Edenpaw's mentor speaks up. "But you're a daylight warrior, not a kittypet," she remarks, one brow dipping in confusion. "Oh, sorry. I forgot you joined; you've been away for so long!" she giggles falsely, pressing a paw to her mouth. "Although I think that's...new," she adds, flippantly gesturing to the strip of fabric hanging incongruously around his neck.

Sunlit eyes slide towards Edenpaw when their mentor offers to lead Spoon back instead of Slate, letting her tail rest a little more heavily upon their back. "Are you going with her?" Her tone implies that she'd rather they not, but Hazelbeam, daylight or not, had the warrior's priviledge of ordering her own apprentice around.​

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 〰 This is infinitely more sufferable with the company they liked staunchly outweighing the company they didn't. Though... every word Slate said proved to be grating, Edenpaw could at least pretend his existence was background noise when the soft brush of fur at their side proved ample distraction. Turning pine-needle eyes towards the sunshine-mimicry they'd been swooning over, they try not to let it dig under their skin that Cherrypaw picks semantics to benefit her cruelly-biased mentor.

"Generalizations still aren't fair..." they murmur at her, pressing a nose quickly to her ear in a silent plea that she not be mad at their argument. For every slight her mentor made, it fractured and bent like lightning to sear anyone who'd lived in a house at all. Not to mention, he was a total hypocrite, if the little rumor her girlfriend (they were never gonna get over being able to say that) had told her held any fragment of truth.

Hazelbeam is someone that the bi-color considers to be worthy of more than minimum respect... She'd fought rogues off at no great benefit to herself... Hunted for them quite aptly without a crumb of those morsels to be shared with her. It was only stupidity that they could attribute such willing refusal to acknowledge the hard work they and their fellow half-pets did for this clan.

Cherrypaw's voice is low, barely more than a melodic hum in bat-like ears... a twitching of her tail tip around their side screams of a possessiveness Edenpaw couldn't quite recognize. But they are nothing if not a sucker for the heroine of their generation. An uncomfortable knot sits in their belly to confront this decision, glancing between baleful eyes that beg not to be left and a stern glower of their idol.

Swallowing nervously, they offer their mentor a small smile, "I'll... I'll catch up with you when you get back Miss Hazelbeam.. If that's alright," their smile is tight at its corners, one of a silent begging rather than an expression of joy. Please don't make me go!! Followed by an even more miserable thought, Cherrypaw won't let Slate push me around while you're gone.

They'd rather not admit that it is not just at SkyClan's camp that they spend their time with their mentor- the confession of their ousting from their own Twoleg home sitting like a locked box in their chest.​