camp not my problem | moving dens

MIDNIGHTASH

run, baby, run
Apr 28, 2024
જ➶ She knew this day would come. When she will finally be able to leave the apprentice den and venture forth to move her things into the warrior den. It is early, the sun having risen and dawn patrols already gone. Her silent vigil the night before went well and now she is getting ready to shift her things. Her nest calls to her after staying up all night anyway and this is the best time to go ahead. Her sturdy and lithe frame shifts across the apprentice den and she bundles up her nest. The excess crow feathers that she has also being taken up and she leaves out with a dip of her head to those that have waken up. Her steps are quiet as she makes her way towards the warrior den and with little thought she enters. The warrior den seems much more spacious. Which if she is honestly makes a lot of sense. Her paws shift as she steps over bodies, careful to not to step on anyway as she makes her way to the very back of the den. "Excuse me, sorry, pardon me..." The new warrior is being careful at the least before she finally comes to a spot at the back that she likes and is unoccupied.

With care she drops her nest and begins to rearrange it. Pressing the moss into the center before she starts to weave in the crow feathers. The nest is a little lopsided but that matters little to her. As long as she can lay in it that is all that really matters. Once it looks good she curls her body up and allows a soft yawn to pull from her throat. Maybe she will be put on evening patrol after she rests. Honestly she hopes so at this point.

As one of the Clans' seasoned warriors — and especially with her status as a councilmember — Iciclefang is closer to the core of the circle of nests. She lifts her head sleepily, her jaws stretching to reveal rows of white-gold teeth. "Welcome," she murmurs to Midnightash as the new warrior drags her moss into the den. She does as is custom — she dutifully arranges her nest into a patch on the outside of the warriors.

Iciclefang blinks at her. It's neither friendly nor otherwise. "It gets drafty there in leafbare, but you'll be more comfortable in greenleaf," she advises the younger she-cat.

• ooc:
  • DEuJTnr.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 26 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring Pinepaw ; previously mentored Cicadaflight
    — riverclan lead warrior. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

MAYBE I'D BE A SAINT IF I WEREN'T ————————————​

”It is also easier to slip out in the dead of night to join any secret dalliance you may have than it was in the apprentices’ den,” Snakeblink hums, pushing his own nest — at the edge of the den, where he is free to come and go in the night as his insomnia dictates — flat with his paws in a desultory attempt at putting it to order before darting away for his first patrol of the day.

Realizing this may be a strange thing to say to a young warrior, he hurries to add, ”Apologies — a thoughtless joke. Do not hesitate to bring your nest closer in the colder moons: Iciclefang is not exaggerating, it does get quite drafty.”

——————————————————————————————————— so god damn lonely

• 2h3Dnip.png

Snakeblink • he / him. 54 ☾, riverclan warrior
    — a sleek, skinny tabby with long ears and a scar over his right eye.
    — gay, not actually evil, penned by @Kangoo