nothing is lost — tigerpaw

make peace with your broken pieces .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
The white-furred male hummed, muscles pulled taunt from worry, but it did not show, plastering a kind smile as he stared at his temporary apprentice, tail flickering. He was worried for his mate, and to hear that Spiderlily was with kits made his world freeze, agony written across his face at the news, but left him to wonder if his family would ever see the light. “Although we will part when your mentor returns from their journey, I hope to aid you, not hold you back.” He rumbled, soothing.

“It will be difficult, but I am certain you will make a fine warrior, Tigerpaw.” Like parents, we are their eyes to the world, rich with twists and gentle waves. He turned, walking, paw steps calm, observing the area he had taken them to. It would do good for sparring.

“What was the last thing you remember training?” He inquired, expression thoughtful. “I would like to test your skills with a bit of sparring.” He added, staring at the other, helm tilted. “If that is alright with you.”

/ @tigerpaw.
thought speech

• Love
Reactions: Deidre
Tigerpaw was scared. She wasn't just scared of the sickness. She wasn't much scared for herself at all. She was scared for Batwing and Flamewhisker and the Thunderclan cats out on the journey. She was scared that none would return, or the lung wart or whatever it was called wouldn't be brought back. Would cats... die? Would she lose fellow clanmates and friends? Would Thunderclan fail? Would she fail them by staying back and not actually knowing how to protect her clan?

She didn't know Whitelion that well. But Howlingstar trusted him to train her, and Batwing trusted him. And that meant he'd keep her safe.

And he confirmed her thoughts, he would aid her and let her wings fly. He would help her progress. A small nod of her head, the feeling of her shy nature strong. She no longer has Flamewhisker to hide under when storms brewed above her head. She had Tansyshine to cuddle against, hopefully. Could she still come back to the nursery? She did not know.

He went on saying she will be a fine warrior, and a small giggle came. "I'll be the best warrior with yours and batwings help!" she concluded, though she worried, she knew Whitelion was a strong warrior, just like the rest of the Thunderclan warriors. But she had to put her energy to positive thoughts.

"I've been hunting, really, and tracking," She responded, but her paws shuffled as he talked about sparring. She'd... have to fight him? She had never... fought before. The idea of claws digging into a body, of blood being drawn, of her injuring someone.... Her eyes stared at her white socked paws, for a little longer then a second.

She could not fail Batwing. She could not fail Whitelion. She could not fail Thunderclan. How can she protect them if she did not know how to fight? "Yeah! I never sparred before but I bet it's fun!" She said, the lie stinging her tongue and burning her throat as it escaped her jaws. But she had to prove herself someway.

The idea that Dreampaw said that she may have powers come to her sat in her head. Maybe, this is where they'd come? Perhaps, if she proved herself to this Starclan, they'd give her powers like him!

make peace with your broken pieces .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
Whitelion’s lips curled at the determination, helm dipping in respect toward Tigerpaw, humming soothingly. Then I will be beside you until I’m no longer needed. He thought, white-wooly fail flickering. “You will do well, Tigerpaw. Do not worry.” He rumbled, golden optic warm.

He nodded. It seemed Batwing had been teaching her the basics. Good. It would do her well to help aid the clan, feeling a sense of worth when things have become bleak, but he had trust in his clanmates. It does not take much for that trust to break, and I fear we will all see darkness if it comes to it. His expression troubled, but smoothed out, replaced by a soft, deadpan expression, optic crinkling.

“Do not worry, young one.” He rumbled. “Fighting is a fickle thing.” He rumbled. “But we shall continue where Batwing left off.” He completed. “I know you are not knowledgeable with fighting techniques, but if you are willing, then see if you can charge at me.” He began, bulky frame pulling into a familiar fighting stance. “Do not let your emotions cloud your mind. It can very well cost you your life, but do not let that knowledge strike fear into your heart.” He rumbled. “Think of this as a friendly game. I want to know where you stand—what you think is what sparring looks like, and then we can see what needs to be improved.” He called, expression serious.

“The sparring will end when one of us is pinned, or if you manage to pull out some of my fur.” He finished, torn ear flickering. Like a game of chess, it was imperative to predict your opponent’s movement, to study them and compensate, to understand their weaknesses.
thought speech