private OH SO TYPICAL ME // Ravensong

It had been a little while since Ravensong had come back from the moonstone to get his name, and even though Ratkit hadn't been able to stay up all night to wait for him to get back like she had wanted, she still wanted to know more. The nosy kitten had been shoo'd away by queens when she had gone to Ravensong's den before, being told that he was busy and she needed to leave him alone unless there was an emergency. She had huffed a little, rounded ears pinning to her head in defeat and stomping on back to the nursery to play with the other kittens. Today, however, was different. With more kittens in the nursery there were less chances for Ratkit to be stopped, and finally she had made it to the medicine den, stopped outside the entrance she stood for a minute, eyes wide as the smell of the different herbs hit her nose.

"Hello?" She'd call out as she took a small step forward, nose wiggling as more smells came at her, ears pricked as she tried to find the dark-furred tom. "Ravensong? It's Ratkit! Are you busy?" If he was super busy, he could just shoo her off like the queens had, she just hoped she had caught him at a time where he wasn't as busy as they always made him out to be.
  • [ooc] @RAVENSONG
  • ratkit is a three moon old kitten of RiverClan. She is an all white cat with rounded ears and orange eyes. She is currently a weak swimmer, weak hunter, and a weak fighter. She is loyal to RiverClan, is bisexual and is currently NOT looking for a relationship. She is OPEN to plots and private threads, but CLOSED for injuries. PEACEFUL POWERPLAY IS ALLOWED.
  • a reference image should go here (I do not have one teehee)

Ratkit was his visual opposite, with her pitch white fur and lack of feathery tail. He could not say he was familiar with most of the kits—queens did not like non-queens lurking about their abode, and Ravensong was only called in once or twice to check on some worry over how their kit was eating, did his breathing seem off, is it normal for him to—and so on.

And yet he was no stranger to kits barraging into his den. That was personally why Fernpaw's and Dovethroat's gifts—two black stones each—lay near the entrance of the den so he could kick them out if he heard the scuffling of a too-curious kit outside. He was committed to his ideal of secrecy.

It was difficult to find Ravensong, dark as he was with the shade of the medicine cat den cast over him, but his ear twitched to the sound of a young voice calling out. He hesitated and then decided to tell the truth.

"Not busy." He hummed, twisting his head around to peer at Ratkit with a smile. "What's on your mind, hm?"

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN
    LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them"
    openly suffers from chronic migraines
    single, but "it's complicated"

When eyes finally landed on the dark-furred tom and words were spoken about how he wasn't busy - something she was glad for - she made her way in, carefully sitting down once she was close enough to the other to talk but not close enough to be in his personal space, something she learned was important for some, before her eyes wandered over the den in awe. There was... a lot in here, and she wasn't used to seeing it, having luckily never having been injured enough to make a journey into the area. "I wanted to know if you could tell me about the pretty rock?" Nose scrunched slightly in thought as she spoke, trying to remember the proper word for it. She knew "pretty rock" wasn't right, Lichentail had told her what it was called when she had asked about Ravensong's journey before. "No, no, the uh... the moon? Rock?" Drawn out this time, it was what she stuck with for now, sure she had at least part of it right, or at the very least the medicine cat would know what she was now talking about.

"I didn't get to hear about it when you got back, you were gone for almost forever and I fell asleep." She had wanted to be the first one Ravensong had talked to when he got back, but even if she wasn't the first one anymore, she'd still like to hear about it.
  • [ooc]
  • ratpaw is a four moon old apprentice of RiverClan. Her mentor is Salmonshade. She is an all white cat with rounded ears and orange eyes. She is currently a weak swimmer, weak hunter, and a weak fighter. She is loyal to RiverClan, is bisexual and is currently NOT looking for a relationship. She is OPEN to plots and private threads, but CLOSED for injuries. PEACEFUL POWERPLAY IS ALLOWED.
  • a reference image should go here (I do not have one teehee)