OLD COUNTRY ROADS // intro

☀ - WHILST MY HEART STILL BEATS
If there was one thing that Sunnyday wished he could do it would be to stop the impending march of time.
But alas, such a power did not exist.

The tom exhaled a soft breath as he stood over the mouse that he had been eating, or attempting to anyway, he had only managed a couple mouthfuls before finding himself unable to continue. Ever since he sustained the injury to his left side he had been cursed with pain whenever his stomach became full. In order to avoid the suffering he ate less and less food, but that in turn brought with it a wealth of issues. Sunnyday had once been a mighty warrior, one you'd think twice about fighting, but now he was but a mere withered husk. A ghost of his former self. Sooner or later he would have to face the fact that he would need to retire completely from warrior life.
But not just yet.

Not wishing for the meal to go to waste he decided to pick it up and seek out a receiver. The lanky tom meandered around the camp, his blue gaze drifting over those who were present with a sense of hope. Eventually he paused and set it down, smacking his lips with his tongue as he savoured the fleeting flavour of the meal he couldn't finish. "If anyone's hungry I have a mouse to share. It's fresh." He meowed softly as he sat back on his haunches.​

With no freedom to hunt, his lungs constantly fighting against him to prevent him from partaking in his favourite activities, Berryheart could not say no to a meal- especially mouse. It was one of his favourite flavours- rich, wild, yet not so filling that you felt unable to have it alongside side-dishes. A soft mew found his ears, and olivine eyes drifted drowsy to find the sanded face of a tom much larger than he- Leggy. At least, that was what Berryheart had long ago dubbed him, and thus he would be Leggy until he died to the flame-dappled tom.

Lean legs heaved up the sleepy tom's body, a cough spluttering from his knocked-aside jaw as he rose. Smoke... could it stain you like berry-juice stained white? It certainly felt as if his lungs had been marred by smog's mark, and was adamant to stay stubborn despite the rest and treatment. Perhaps he should have saved some honey- but mouse was something he could not refuse. Especially one to share. "I will," he offers, voice even quieter than its usual muted baritone. Peculiar as it looked upon his wonky jaw, a subtle-yet-grateful smile curved his lips. "They won't be this plump for much longer." A blunt observation, his words drifted dreamy, contemplative of the future.
[ PENNED BY PIN ]

Squeak Squeak

Moth understood having injuries, but they werent or have not been as bad as Sunnyday's or as permanent as Berryheart. Yet it did make her nervous to approach both warriors, wary eyes dancing in the new apprenticed aged member, she knew she'll eventually have to leave the medicine den (as what she learned was called) but she wished she die not have to. Moth had found peace and comfort within the herb smelling den but with her being slowly pushed out to get to know the rest of the clan, she found herself approaching Berryheart and Sunnyday. "Uh.. what does mouse taste like?" she would asked in a soft honeyed tone as her round blue eyes flickered between the new nervously
"speak""Thoughts"

☀ - WHILST MY HEART STILL BEATS
A soft chirp escapes the tom as he turns his focus towards Berryheart when he approaches, aware of his presence through sound alone. Sunnyday wasn't alone in enduring life's cruel hands, and he felt sympathetic for the other. The older tom shuffled back slightly as he offered up enough room for the other to take the mouse. "They certainly will not, no. I fear this leaf-bare could be a hard one, but I'm sure we'll push through. Now please, eat whilst the bounties last."

A smile wove its way onto his face, pleased that he had likely made someone's day. Though they were soon joined by a young Moth. "Oh, hello there, how are you today? Wait, you don't know what mouse tastes like?" Sunnyday would be lying if he said that he wasn't surprised by the revelation. His gaze drifted back to the mouse during that moment and he weighed up whether it could possibly feed two cats. If Moth had a single bite then surely there would still be enough to sate Berryheart's hunger. "I see no harm in you having a bite from this one. I'm sure it will sate your curiosity. If you find that you like them I will try to catch another just for you." He might not be as strong as he used to be but he could still hunt pretty well.

He hardly needed to be told twice. Upon invitation the tom took a generous bite from the meal, the slow chewing that his askew jaw forced upon him only making him savour the flavour even more. Pleasant... very pleasant. With luxuries such as this in the forest, the tortoiseshell could barely believe he had managed to stay in the swamp for so many moons. Frog flesh was a... delicacy that he was in no rush to subject himself to again. Fresh food from warm-blooded creatures was always the most ideal of them all... he hummed his agreement, mouth full.

Olivine eyes lifted to find the peering irises of Sky-eyes, who asked what mouse tasted like. Demonstration was often the best way to learn, and it seemed Leggy agreed for he offered up this now-communal meal to the child. "It's one of the nicer meals," he offered simply, tone flat and factual. Mouse was rarely rivalled in its deliciousness... and what was he on this earth for if not to educate? What was anyone here for if not to teach?
[ PENNED BY PIN ]