no angst on the hunt .. fiending

There's a different energy that's wrapped itself around Applefrost now that she's returned more permanently. She has lost the air of strange mystic wonder about her, now replaced with a more dull and serious tone. She doesn't like it, the way her doubts have crept around at her paws, trailing after her like a shadow in the mist. A particular morning has her perked up in curiosity, though, she knows what normally fixes these bouts of lows. Her twolegs normally supplied this treat for her, but now that she has abandoned them she can't simply go back and worm her way into their supply again.

Tentatively the white-dusted she-cat would part from the remains of a finch to prod around, lingering more closely to the medicine den than anything else.

"I don't scent anything here... Are you in there? Oh-! No, you're not, sorry." Applefrost ducked her head out of the nest of a fragile sleeping form; what she was looking for was certainly not among the elders. "Has anyone come across an interesting... stick? I suppose it's more like a twig, smells like sweet memories and tastes like lovely sunsets..." There's no sense to her words other than the exact object she's looking for- a stick that seems to only exist to her imagination, surely.

// bbygrl is on the hunt for some silvervine. doesnt grow in the US so its solely a kittypet item she misses </3

Dawnglare severely doubts that he’s come across any such thing, by the sheer lack of time he has had outside of his den lately. Even when he does let himself lounge, it is not too far from it; either with half his form still wedged inside the burrow, or his whole self lounging just outside of the holly bush. Today is a matter of the latter. He is privy to the sight of Apple stem— no, hadn’t her name changed…? Well, whoever she was, she was sticking her nose every which way. At one point, it had stuck at to him, and he was somewhat surprised she hadn’t questioned him, whatsoever.

No, for once it is him that willingly inserts himself into her peripheral. smells like sweet memories and tastes like lovely sunsets... Alas, such a scent is not trackable, he knows. It is more so a thing that one smells when they are already there. " Define interesting, " he insists, as if he was about to get around to look. If anything, the task gave him more to look at than the ground.

•  
  • ( 𝙒𝙃𝙔'𝘿 𝙄𝙏 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙎𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂? ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    —— He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    —— Currently 56 moons old. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    You may find him kinder to others than is typical, exhausted from the yellowcough blight and heart heavy in a way he has never felt.​
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

it's not my fault i have my father's eyes .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
Littlepaw shifted, pausing his grooming to stare at the warrior, blinking several times. What? His nose crinkled, wondering if Applefrost had gone and lost her mind. He remained sitting, watching her poke around in search of something that got her in a trance, muttering gibberish.

His flank rose in a faux sigh, brow crinkled. Something that smells like—He blinked. Huh? He didn’t think—His brain pulsed, reminding him that thinking too much would give him a rippling headache. “Is it in camp?” He bit out, voice deadpan. The runt-sized apprentice wouldn’t mind looking for it, maybe then he’d catch sight of some of the apprentices' training, storing whatever they were learning away until later.
thought speech

He didn't know who Applefrost was talking to- indeed, if she was talking to anyone at all. As she searched he simply sat watchfully, listening to her words as ambience as he attempted to work a stubborn knot out of his fur. Green eyes flickered with twitching blinks, frustration beginning to wind tight around his mind- oh, how was Quillstrike so good at this? Surely there had to be some hidden talent that could not come with practice- because by now, Twitchbolt had certainly enough practice.

Whether he was annoyed by or relieved for the distraction of Applefrost's question, he couldn't say- but his attention was pulled up nonetheless. Her winding words confused him- yet another mad one, another one who spun metaphors that made sense only to themselves. Or- maybe not. Maybe he was being dismissive, maybe... "Are you meant to be able to taste sunsets...?" It was a question, but Twitchbolt was near certain you weren't. Wasn't delirium a yellowcough symptom? Or was this another sort of madness, the same sort his father head, a reverie-ridden riddling tongue...
penned by pin ✧

Her Clanmates approach to aid her in the search, and Applefrost's hopes rise in her gratitude. It wasn't very often the she-cat ever approached for help anyway, frequently fulfilling and coping with her own struggles by herself. Her dearest, lovely friend is the first to indulge, define interesting. Hmm... what else was there to say? It was overall just an ordinary looking thing, unassuming in appearance. It's scent, though, whoo. Could draw her in like a moth to flame.

"It's normally rather short, no more than a mouse's tail. Oak colored..." Her voice trailed as she disturbed a pile of twigs that had shed from the elderberry bush. "I was hoping it grew somewhere here. It's nothing like pine or birch but- actually, I haven't ever seen where its sourced from." A mysterious twoleg item she would tragically come to find soon. For now, she still held out hope.

A wide blue stare met Twitchbolt's blinking green. "You don't normally? The air is so different when the sun kisses the earth... But this is different, in a way. When I brush against it my whiskers feel like electric wisps and my whole body floats into the air... Have none of you had this before, truly?"