camp ONE SINGLE THREAD OF GOLD [ symptoms + rta ]

( ) throughout the past moon, she has felt exhaustion beginning to drag her down. so much has happened, more negative than positive, and even as the clan settles back into normal routine, the femme feels an uneasiness deep in her belly, rolling through her each morning as she awakes. there is nothing to indicate any sort of justification for this fear, but it stirs regardless, a small ember in her chest. from spider's awful betrayal to the horrifying actions of the hunting twolegs, riverclan has been battered through a storm of hostility. it seems to willowroot that there is no use expecting that to end. she stays on her feet. she has to.

a brisk chill filters through the tall, winding trees, needle thin leaves fluctuating orange and gold. on this, a perfectly autumnal day, the feline feels some sense of peace as they approach camp, fish clutched in their jaws. behind them, their hunting patrol follows, and pride flows through them as they witness the fresh-kill pile grow, a knowledge that at least they can do this to help their clan. glancing around, a soft purr erupts from their chest. "fantastic patrol, everyone. go, eat. you deserve it." offering each member a smile, they'll snatch a small trout from the pile and turn, gaze swiveling around until they spot her.

poppysplash, her poppy, is a sight for sore eyes, and the feline bounds over to where she rests, dropping the fish to nuzzle the woman in an open display of affection. "good afternoon, my love," her purr rumbles louder. "anything exciting happen while i was gone?" a soft yawn escapes her jaws and she settles beside her mate, nudging the prey closer. on this perfectly crisp afternoon, nothing should rumble inside of her. there should be no burning ember, no ripple in her belly, and yet it arrives right on time. a face of discomfort replaces the affectionate one previous, and she swallows. "sorry," she begins, ears flattening as she sits up, putting a paw on her belly. "this damned anxiety. i'm sure that's all it is."

( THE LIGHT YOU GAVE ME )

Run, run, Lost Boy
Sat outside of the medicine den is a young cat, gaze the color of the setting sun moved around the clearing quietly. Their gaze is unreadable and they don't seem to move from their spot by the entrance. They had finally left the den after a few days wallowing inside of the reed confine and they prickled their fur as a chill ran up their spine. The days were growing colder and the leaves had already began to pile up around camp. They felt like they missed so much in their time in the medicine den. Though they did have to thank Beesong for not entirely keeping them out of the lope of clan matters, or well ones he deemed okay for an apprentice.

Raccoonpaw noticed a body moved from the camp entrance, a patrol had arrived back from their hunting trip. Seemed that had rather good luck as some carried food with them, and it gave a little bit of hope that winter wouldn't be so harsh. It was defintiely going to be weird this year. Winter had always been just their family and they got on rather well during it for the most part, but now there was more cats to feed. Yet more cats to hunt too, so they didn't think it was going to be awful that was for sure.

Among the returning patrol, their gaze fell onto their sibling; Willowroot. A pang of hurt crossed their chest as they haven't seen nor spoken to them in so long. Raccoonpaw felt like an outsider amongst their own family and it made them rather upset. Willowroot looked busy, however, as they nestled down beside Poppysplash and orange hues looked away from the pair. They didn't need Raccoonpaw bothering them.

• Love
Reactions: willowroot
poppysplash had a lot going on in her mind. too much, if anyone asked but she was pretty good at faking it. the only light in this world right now was willowroot, the femme she could call her mate. the scent of them drifts to her first, and poppysplash's gaze slowly moves over to the woman who was returning from a patrol. poppy wished she could say she hadn't noticed how off willowroot was... but she did. she noticed everything about them, no matter how small, because when willowroot was around, poppysplash paid attention. her presence takes her fully, and she simply wants to appreciate it all. poppysplash still doesn't know what she's done to have such a lovely mate. i don't deserve them, that's for sure. she is a gift... a gift that i will do anything to keep.

a purr rumbled in her chest as her named was coated with honey, sweetened by the very tone of willowroot and she immediately seeks her comfort, pressing against them with a sigh. she almost answers them, but then they're frowning, and rubbing their stomach. something is wrong, and it makes poppy worried.

"you've been saying that for a few days... maybe you should see beesong."

she insisted. her head swiveled towards the medicine cat den. raccoonpaw had been there... and though poppysplash didn't hate the younger feline... poppysplash didn't exactly know them, either. huh. still, in an attempt to be nice ( she has to admit, this is painful. why the fuck should she care about someone's feelings? no one but willowroot was worth it, right? damn it, she was turning soft. ) she beckoned for raccoon to join them. surely the younger of them wanted to visit with willowroot, and poppysplash wasn't going to keep them away from their family.

[ I'LL GIVE YOU THE WORLD ]

• Love

GUTTA CAVAT LAPIDEM : cicadastar watches as the patrol floods back into camp, gaze locking on the lead warrior as they strut through the reed curtain. fish dangle from the maws of those around her and he cannot help the flood of pride that kindles deep in his chest, alighting the brilliant grin that adorns his bicolored maw. they’d seemed happier since she and poppysplash had gotten together, and though he didn’t know the silvery molly too well, he was happy for them both. and, well . . he would be lying if he said he wasn’t the slightest bit jealous. the way they found poppy in the crowd, magnetic, glowing. they looked at her as if she’d hung the moon and stars, tore them down and dusted her in the heavens glory. he aches, feels the familiar heat of embarrassment at his own thoughts, desires — he feels nearly dizzy, picturing himself in their place, entwined in white - speckled black. the nervous giddiness that accumulates in his paws is nearly familiar now, even subconsciously quickens his pace loping not so casually as he’d intended towards the pair.

raccoonpaw appears, silent and brooding at poppy’s side and he gives the black - tipped apprentice an odd look as he passes, rounding towards where the aching smoke sat aside their worried mate, “ looks like an eventful hunt. good job, willowroot! “ it’s a passing compliment, but he cannot help the slightest squint of his eyes, you’ve been saying that for a couple of days. alarms burst in his mind and his ears perk, brow furrowing. leafbare was coming, weather and sky darkening with each passing day . . they could afford no sickness, not right now, and certainly not from one of their strongest. he liked to consider the felidae a friend, too — fear of loss tips through him and he settles carefully on his haunches, lowering his head, “ are you feeling sick? poppy’s right, seeing beesong certainly wouldn’t hurt. “ he meows, tipping his head towards the fem and quirking a brow. smokethroat was far closer to them than he — but if it feel upon his and their mates paws to bully them into self care, so be it.

• CICADASTAR ; he / him. roughly thirty nine months old, riverclan leader
    − handsome, lanky black smoke tortie chimera with curly fur and ice blue eyes
    − gay. speaks with a german accent, ages on the seventh, penned by antlers

• felinedad.png
  • none.

Last edited:
  • Love
beesong watches the patrol flood into the camp as he's laying out herbs to dry, idly counting each fish set atop the plentiful pile. another successful hunt, it would appear. beesong is cautious in his contentment, however, reminding himself that it would not last forever. leaf-bare will come, prey will grow scarce, and there is nothing that can stop mother nature from taking its course.

their attention is drawn away from the fresh-kill pile as poppywillow, and then cicadastar, suggest that willowroot sees them. ah, well. beesong believes that's their cue.

like a phantom, beesong is summoned, worry hidden behind an impassive expression as he regards willowroot. the smoke is clutching her abdomen with a paw, poppywillow and cicadastar both fretting over them. the healer's jaw clenches tight, bidding his nerves to settle as he tips his head to one side, humming. "what are your symptoms, and how long have they lasted?"

they hope that it is just a bad piece of prey that willowroot will have to ride out. they hope that it isn't an sickness that they're ill-equipped to handle. beesong can dull the ache with painkillers, but that wouldn't fix the root of the issue if it is something more complex than an upset stomach plaguing the lead warrior.

beesong hopes, but he has already mentally preparing himself for a swift visit to dawnglare.

( ) she mutters a curse under her breath as her stomach shifts again, but offers her mate a smile in an attempt at normalcy. poppysplash's words are a long time coming but the lead warrior still sighs, melting back into her and burying her muzzle in the woman's soft scruff. "i don't want to bother bee. they're preparing for leaf-bare, and i just have a stomach ache. i'm okay, love, i promise." as willowroot raises her head, she spots raccoonpaw across the clearing, and delight sparks in her eyes. despite the discomfort in her belly. as poppy beckons the younger over, wil shifts to reach up and offer a friendly head butt, welcoming the older apprentice in.

it seems as though this should be the end of it- she's fine, there are no other big symptoms right now, but then cicadastar makes himself known. at first, fondness lingers in her gaze as the man calls over. "thanks, cicadastar!" she purrs, and as the man settles, she feels, through the rolling of her stomach, a contentment. cica speaks up again and tufted ears flatten, reproach in her eyes as she gazes at him. "stars, not you too!" her tone is playful but exhaustion lingers. "fine, i suppose you two probably do know best." her friend and her mate certainly have reason to worry- the cramping floods her again and she freezes, jaw clenching before relaxing. she's about to drag herself to her paws when, speak of the feline, beesong appears.

the tabby's voice gently pries, and willowroot gives up, allowing the medicine cat to observe her. "just a few weeks now. it hasn't been too bad, just some bad cramps and nausea. i'm sure it's from my anxiety, after all this moon has been quite... full." whiskers twitch, smoke tipped tail flicking as she indicates the position of the pain on her body.

// bee can find out she's pregnant rn, however i'd prefer it if he asked to speak in private or didn't announce it to the whole clan yet :D

( THE LIGHT YOU GAVE ME )

*:・゚✧☁ ⋯ Gloompaw situates herself nearby as the hunting patrol disperses. She'd came back with a mouse, a tiny one whose instincts had kicked in far too late. Upon the freshkill, contrasting the gleaming scales of fresh fish, it was a scrap of matte fur that that gladly deflated her swelling ego. Willowroot's praise of their success lifts her spirits again, though, and she finds herself bounding over to pester them and Poppysplash.

Until she realizes Beesong is there, and they're not idly chatting. Gloompaw freezes, recoiling as if burnt, tiny ears swiveling up to hear the symptom-list roll. "Are you sick?" she exclaims, jumping away. "I don't wanna catch it! I've already caught stuff today!"

poppysplash's ears twitched at the suddenness of all the cats nearby, and it made her both sad and relieved at the same time. relieved that so many cats cared about the wellbeing of willowroot, but sad that she didn't have the same thing. it was her own fault, she knew that, but sometimes it was a lot less of a good feeling than she would have admitted. her tail tapped against the ground as she listened to beesong, and then willow.

"i do know best. go with him."

she gently nudged willowroot, ears perking up at the sound gloompaw, before a snarl left her mouth, claws digging into the ground.

"the next thing you will catch is my claws within your pelt if you do anything like that again. if you're so worried about getting sick, then go somewhere else."
[ I'LL GIVE YOU THE WORLD ]

There's a bit of commotion that rings through camp as the patrol wanders in. All surrounding Willowroot. Tide's attention is turned to the crowd around his sibling, intrigue washing over him. Surely, Willowroot got plenty of attention simply for being... what'd they call it again? Best warrior? Senior... Lead! Lead warrior. Surely, Willowroot's cause for attention was over her lead warrior status.

The tom pads over to greet Willowroot, and Poppysplash too, as she hangs about the group. However, the words that arise from the small crowd begin to hit his ears.

Sick?

Willowroot was sick?

That couldn't be. Weren't they perfectly fine the last time Tide saw them?

He dips his head in greeting to Willowroot and Poppysplash, concern evident on his face. "Perhaps you should rest?" he asks of his sibling. Being lead warrior, it must have meant they were busy all the time, right? Perhaps this was stress, rather than sickness? Tide could only hope, at least - sickness so close to leaf-bare couldn't be a good sign!

Poppysplash tells Willowroot to go with Beesong, and Tide nods in agreement. The medicine cat, they must know how to cure this. Must know which leaves to slap onto his littermate to make her illness go away. "Yes, go with him. Please."

Run, run, Lost Boy
Ears perked at the gesture from Poppysplash and they flushed a bit brightly as their staring had been caught. Raccoonpaw looked down at the ground for a moment before slowly getting to their paws, and limped their way across the clearing towards the pair of warriors. They seemed to want to speak, to say something, but nothing seemed to wanna form. An apology? Maybe something funny? The usually lively apprentice seemed to shrink in on themselves for a moment before Willowroot greeted them with a gentle headbutt. A little purr rose from the older apprentice and they returned the gesture rather warmly.

Black legs moved to pick their way across paws entwined with eachother before settling on the other side of Willowroot. Raccoonpaw instinctively pressed into their siblings side happily and looked up as the smokey form of Cicadastar approached the gathering group of cats. Been saying what for a few weeks? They had missed the first part of the conversation though their leader seemed rather concerned for Willowroot. Then Beesong approached next with a same amount of concern, follow by Willowroot dismissing the notion and that they were fine.

Poppysplash didn't think it was nothing, and Gloompaw spoke up shortly there after with a snarky comment. Raccoonpaw couldn't help the eye roll at the younger apprentice before nudging their sibling with their muzzle, "How about I go with you? If somethings botherin' you, you should see Bee about it," They suggested to the smokey black cat with a hopeful smile, "That way you don't have to face big, scary Beesong on your own," It was a light tease, a glimmer of that laughing apprentice from before, and they moved to stand up on shaky legs.

beesong listens to willowroot carefully, eyes narrowing as she pinpoints the location of her symptoms. cramps, nausea, persisting for the past few quarter-moons. an idea is beginning to form in the healer's mind, humming in acknowledgement to willowroot as his gaze shoots towards poppysplash. willowroot's new mate.

if it's what beesong thinks, then the pair have picked a bad time to bring kits into the world with leafbare so close.

a healer with a bit more social awareness might've requested that willowroot come to the privacy of their den before asking borderline invasive questions. but beesong possesses no such empathy, staring the lead warrior down as their mouth opens, "willowroot, is there any chance that you-"

[ left it open-ended so willow could drag his unaware ass to the medicine den <3 ]

• Haha