camp ONLY YOU | short posts thread

"Is it just my tummy, or does the fresh-kill pile look flat?" Like a boneless owl, the tabby offered a tilt of her head, wide eyes seeming to bear the softest daggers into the dwindling stock of prey that ShadowClan kept. It had never been a plentiful thing, but she expected more from her home whilst the seasons were still warm and snow had not yet infiltrated their land. She turned to the creature next to her for answers.

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

chilledstar looked at the kill pile, blinking in agreement. they doubted they were a very favorite to their former friend, but there was nothing much they could say about it. ferndance was a good warrior... just not a lead one.

"seems like it."

Flintpaw's ears twitch as he overhears the cats conversing. He should be able to help fill the fresh kill pile, he thinks, but he feels inept at it; maybe Nettlepaw could save them all. Flintpaw clenches his jaw, carving his gaze through Ferndance. "You're a warrior. You know how to fix it."
4d5460.png
  • 67694416_kQ42UEsE5sNMUt4.png

flintkit . flintpaw
    — he / they / she ; apprentice of shadowclan
    — short-haired solid blue tom with low white and blue/green heterochromatic eyes
    — "speech" ; thoughts
    — headshot by me, avatar by lovettebunny
    — penned by meghan

The dark-furred tom comes to stand beside his mentor, though mostly to see what is going on. His two-toned gaze flickers toward the fresh-kill pile, or, what's left of it. Ears twitch at Flintpaw's words, a glint in his eyes. "I bet I could fix it," Screechpaw says, though the boy has yet to catch anything in his apprenticeship.
border2.png
  • 70927217_Pt9pw7V8M5Nsv4Q.png

SCREECHKITSCREECHPAW, Apprentice of ShadowClan
    — Forestshade x Vulturemask
    — AMAB; He/Him
    — A black/red tabby chimera tom with mismatched green eyes.
    — Mentored by Chilledstar
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — His loud entrance into the world bestows upon him a name apt for the path the tom forges. As the troublemaker of his unknowingly half-clan litter, Screechpaw is bound to be known for his curiosity-led escapes and poor attendance as he steps foot into his apprenticeship.

˚⊹₊‧ 𖦹 "All this talk of 'fixing it', and no paws lifting to do so..." Ashenpaw drawled from his spot in the shade, "Funny how it works out like that." Of course, Ashenpaw's paw would lift only to groom his ears a bit. But he already went patrolling that morning, why should he have to do everything around here?

• OOC:
  • designfluffyneck2_by_jrentropy_dg93zrs-pre.png
  • ashenkit . ashenpaw
    — trans male. he/him. 6mo apprentice of shadowclan
    — gay ; single
    — longhaired muted blue torbie with heterochromatic pale blue and amber eyes
    — smells like rainsoaked ferns and swamp milkweed
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — icon by nya; fullbody by tropics
    — penned by eezy
    — currently in an era of grief and anger, approach with caution. all ic opinions!

Amber eyes cast an annoyed gaze at the fresh kill pile, and an ever-so-slightly less annoyed gaze at those around her. “Ashenpaw is correct, we should assemble a patrol.” In a display of teamwork that would have been wildly uncharacteristic in moons past, Wheatpaw raised her tail as if it was a hand, volunteering. “I still have energy. Does anyone else wish to help Shadowclan?”

She, like Screechpaw, has yet to catch any prey. However Sprucepaw leans into the excitement of the conversation, "Maybe we can make a game of it!" she suggests, bumping her shoulder against Flintpaw's. "The apprentice to catch something first... wins... something," the tabby apprentice falls short of a prize however.​

invis.png
"Have—" cut short for a short whistle pulling itself from their throat, "—fun with that." In their months as an apprentice, they'd more than learned that hunting was not their thing. Absolutely not. Couldn't sit still, or be quiet, for long enough to catch something. They watch the other apprentice and warriors with a half-scowl on their face, though there's not much emotion behind it, the expression more out of reflex than anything.​
"speech"​

Frostbite sees the freshkill pile that everyone is lamenting over and he has to agree with Ashenpaw..... All this complaining and no action! But he's glad to hear a patrol in the process of being formed. Leafbare was on its way and while he was excited for the cold, memories of last leafbare always surfaced when he thought of the cold season.

"If we're hunting, I'll join." He says. "Prey's gonna be a lot scarcer soon, we should do what we can to keep the fresh kill pile at least somewhat full." He adds. He glances around and realizes how many apprentices are present. "And SOMEONE has to keep an eye on all of you and your game, huh?" He says, a smile tugging at his lips.​

He likes the idea of making a game out of it, and looks to Sprucepaw with bright eyes. "First catch can.... Can have the best piece of kill in the pile!" After everyone else eats what's left of the dwindled pile, though, so it's not really the best piece, is it?

Screechpaw blinks at Frostbite's emergence. "Err... You can come too, I guess," he says to his caretaker with a twitch of his tail, "But... Only if I get to lead the patrol!"
border2.png
  • 70927217_Pt9pw7V8M5Nsv4Q.png

SCREECHKITSCREECHPAW, Apprentice of ShadowClan
    — Forestshade x Vulturemask
    — AMAB; He/Him
    — A black/red tabby chimera tom with mismatched green eyes.
    — Mentored by Chilledstar
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — His loud entrance into the world bestows upon him a name apt for the path the tom forges. As the troublemaker of his unknowingly half-clan litter, Screechpaw is bound to be known for his curiosity-led escapes and poor attendance as he steps foot into his apprenticeship.