camp OPEN UP TO ME // moving nests

[ ... ignore how late this is. this is... PRE GATHERING YAYYY @PEBBLEPAW ]

"You really don't have to help me, Peb," Splashdance chirps, moss tucked beneath her chin. With her vigil out of the way and the sun far beyond the horizon, the she-cat had meandered into the apprentice den to gather the useful bits of moss she had left. She hadn't expected any help, in truth, but when she accidentally stirred Pebblepaw (when had their nests grown so close?) the tom offered to help her out. It was sweet, and though she laughs it off, it does make her ears warm up a bit.

Regardless, her tail sweeps the camp ground as she moves towards the warrior's den, keeping her gait close to the tom's as she does. She adverts her gaze when their shoulders brush, simply asking, "Where do you think I'd fit...?" Customs would have her along the edge somewhere. But where?​

• Love
Reactions: pebbletail
() splashdance's departure from the apprentices' den is a bittersweet moment for pebblepaw. the snow-dappled she-cat has become his closest friend, his confidant and the cat he feels the most comfortable to be around besides his sister. that she must leave their den to seek the warriors' feels a little bit like the ending of something. what exactly, pebblepaw doesn't know. as her slender paws carefully gather her nest and belongings, the blue tabby stirs from his light slumber, offering the other a sleepy smile. "hey there, new warrior."

he watches her out of tired orange eyes for a moment, noting the slight overlap of their nests, each of their little trinkets that seem to have scattered into a community pile. his heart feels like it's nearing his throat, threatening word-vomit, and so he coughs lightly, flicking tufted ears. "need some help?"

it is due to this that the boy finds himself entering the warriors' den, eyes wide as he takes in the vast spread of nests and items. in only a moon he'll be sleeping here, and he feels his skin prickle at the thought. "it's really no problem, splash. i gotta know where i can visit you after all," he shuts his jaw with a snap after he speaks, skin warming at the idea that he might ever have reason to be near her nest. "erm, we'll build you the comfiest nest too."

ember eyes flit around the darkened den, landing briefly on hazecloud's vacant nest in the center. his moms sleep together in lichenstar's den most nights, so it's odd to even see the woman's nest here. he spies foxtail's nest, cicadaflight's too, both located towards the edges. with all the newer warriors, it's a wonder the apprentices haven't been asked to help expand the den yet. "maybe over there?" the white-speckled tail flicks to point at an empty spot near the right side of the den, a pretty good size for one nest.

• // " #848DAE"
  • 84189003_LZ0oLRva90zRWKW.png

• PEBBLEPAW ☼ HE / HIM, APPRENTICE OF RIVERCLAN. MENTORED BY FOXTAIL. 11 MOONS OLD, PENNED BY LAVS
    80821802_PGjjmLPeTFx5Nwd.png
    a large blue tabby with low white and vitiligo. pale blue fur covers the length of pebblepaw's stocky body, sliced through with darker tabby stripes and spots. baleful orange eyes peer out of heavy set sockets, and his muzzle, paws, and tail tip are dashed with white.

MAYBE I'D BE A SAINT IF I WEREN'T ————————————​

”I would not put my nest there, if I were you.”

True to his name, Snakeblink slithers up behind Pebblepaw and Splashdance, skirting around the two younger cats with his head tilted to the side, one narrowed eye peering at the new warrior. He is not usually one to linger around his den — he has better things to do, most days — but he likes seeing freshly-promoted warriors settling in.

”There is a reason it has remained vacant this long,” he hums, eyes lingering on the empty spot.

Real estate is a hot commodity in the crowded den, yet some nests overlap each other (when they have not simply been made to fit two cats, saving a little space) rather than reach for the space next to them. It is rather odd. He could tell them the truth: it is plagued by a constant draft that no amount of den-weaving has managed to quell, and that the ground there is pebbly and uncomfortable, and that the cat closest to it is a kicker in their sleep. But it would not be half as much fun as the explanation he does end up voicing.

”It is where the late Smokestar’s nest used to be, back when he was only Smokethroat,” he intones, dropping his voice into a conspiratorial hiss. ”He has fought many a cat for the privilege of personal space in this den. I have heard that he was so attached to it that his spirit still lingers there: you can feel the cold of the stars when you stand in what he thought of as his spot. It makes,” he finishes wryly, ”For rather fitful sleep, to have the dead glare at you all throughout the night.”

Shaking his head, he draws back from them and looks away, his whiskers tense with the combined urge to grin and grimace in embarrassment at spinning tales like they are kits rather than full-grown (or nearly so). ”But I am sure the likes of Smokestar do not frighten bright young warriors such as you. I will leave you to it, hm?”

——————————————————————————————————— so god damn lonely

• 2h3Dnip.png

Snakeblink • he / him. 57 ☾, riverclan warrior
    — a sleek, skinny tabby with long ears and a scar over his right eye.
    — gay, not actually evil, penned by @Kangoo

࿐ ࿔*:・゚ — It wasn't a secret that Beefang didn't sleep in the warriors den for certain reasons but the main one being Moonbeam and well, she couldn't leave her best friend all alone in the medicine den when all of her patients were out of her care. The black smoke never moved into the warriors den after her own vigil not when she had confessed her love for the milky furred molly that she now lovingly calls her mate, at least, when its just the two of them not in public when there was so many eyes and ears around. And yet, her lone amber eye catches onto the movement of her cousin following after Splashdance only to ponder where he's going so she pushes herself to her paws casting the medicine den a final glance and decides to investigate. It all makes sense when she pokes her head in but can't help the way her ears twitch at the words that begin to slip from Snakeblink's jaws as he speaks about Smokestar's spot in the warriors den before he had moved into the willow tree.

"Snakeblink." The bicolored molly greets calmly despite the way her jaws want to clench with the anger that begins to make her blood boil, "I'm sure that you'll have a fitful sleep and his dead glare at this rate with your twisted tales." Her teeth click together in a quiet snap of her jaws knowing that she shouldn't get snippy with the lead warrior but sometimes, he didn't know when to keep his maw shut. If not his then it'll be mine. Beefang thinks as a low growl slips from her throat only to turn towards both Splashdance and Pebblepaw with a narrowed pupil, her feathery tail lashes behind her as she tries to soothe her nerves. "The real reason why it's vacant is due to how uncomfortable the spot is... not what this fishbrain said."

Although, she couldn't be too upset with the tom... It makes her wonder if this is how Smokestar constantly felt around Snakeblink with the urge to quiet him with a snap of his own jaws and she let's out a huff.

5BB8hMy.png

• ooc
  • WARRIOR SKILLSET;
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ HUNTING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧ TRACKING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧ COMBAT
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STEALTH
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ STRATEGY
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ SWIMMING
    ✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ CLIMBING
  • dOcsURU.png
    a shorthaired black smoke molly w/low white and a singular amber eye
    oftentimes comes off as untrusting of those around her, closed off, and not the easiest to engage in conversation with, she's not easy to befriend. distrusting of outsiders and will snap at you if y/c walks up to her on her blind side. all her opinions are IC only.
    14 moons old; ages the 10th every month
    asexual homoromantic; mated to moonbeam
    currently mentoring... roepaw ; formerly mentored by smokestar
    firstborn daughter of cicadastar and smokestar
    sister of cicadaflight and loveburn
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

() sunshine eyes find the lithe form of snakeblink as he slinks up behind the duo, spinning untruths into a spooky tale. pebblepaw tips his head as the brown and white tomcat weaves a tale of the late smokestar, hissing low that splashdance will be haunted should she take the old resting place of the former leader. pebblepaw rolls his eyes, maw quirking. "we're not kits, snakeblink," he quips, though amusement and an odd feeling of protection battle within his gaze. smokestar had been a benevolent figure in his life, even if he had only known the man for six moons of it, and pebblepaw doesn't like to think about the dark tom being some sort of looming presence. "tell us the real reason no one sleeps there."

paws rustle against the earthen floor, causing pebblepaw to glance away from snakeblink, finding his cousin's appearance. "heya, beefang," he'll greet, blinking kindly at her. it can't be the most lovely thing to walk in hearing such kit-tales about your father. the white-dashed warrior sneers a brief warning at snakeblink, causing her cousin to stifle a small laugh. the idea of admonishing any lead of the clan is out of the question to the boy, but beefang seems to have a skill at it. he doubts she'll be punished for such a statement. his cousin was always sharp tongued.

she tells them the real reason, and pebblepaw rolls his shoulders, ears flicking. "ah, well we can't have that," he murmurs, nudging splashdance. "snakeblink, are there any other open spots? not haunted, if it can be helped."

• // " #848DAE"
  • 84189003_LZ0oLRva90zRWKW.png

• PEBBLEPAW ☼ HE / HIM, APPRENTICE OF RIVERCLAN. MENTORED BY FOXTAIL. 11 MOONS OLD, PENNED BY LAVS
    80821802_PGjjmLPeTFx5Nwd.png
    a large blue tabby with low white and vitiligo. pale blue fur covers the length of pebblepaw's stocky body, sliced through with darker tabby stripes and spots. baleful orange eyes peer out of heavy set sockets, and his muzzle, paws, and tail tip are dashed with white.