private our lies did not become us [-] you became them instead

I'M THE MONSTER YOU INVENTED
HOW COULD YOU EVER FORGET ME NOW ?

siltcloud 21 moons female she/her dark forest rogue

dbp6sl7-caa8d532-cbdd-486d-80ea-29ec34139e78.png
The Dark Forest is as dreary as ever, not a single star in sight. It is a lonely place, the muck and mire as familiar to dust hued molly as the ever present ache that shatters her ribcage and presses against her wounded throat. But she has made this place her home - if she is to rest here for eternity in this... this hell, then she will make it hers. so she carves out a corner all her own, defends it with tooth and claw. Fusses about making it as.... tolerable as such a place can be. Tidies up her pelt in a way she has not bothered to for so long. And then, when she is no longer alone, green eyes settle upon company with a warm smile spread across her muzzle.

" My babies, " Siltcloud murmurs - voice soft and heart fluttering. Stars, they've grown since she'd last seen them - pelts made of kitten fuzz no more, skeletal figures having filled out after moons of proper food and care. She'd made the right choice - to take them to Lilacfur, no matter how much it'd hurt to give them up. She was not like Sandra after all - not like her own mother, selfish in her choices. She'd only done what she had to too see them survive. To see them thrive. ' A good mother,' she assures herself silently.

" You've... gotten so big, " she all but coos, dull eyes blinking as she stays where she sits, head tipped to this side.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

M A Y H E M F O L L O W S M E A R O U N D

She had gone to sleep curled in the nest she still shares with her brother, the lush swamp winds gently stirring her fur. When she awakens, the air feels sticky, stagnant on her whiskers; she makes a face and pulls herself slowly to her paws. The earth here is not marshy, and there is barely any light to guide her steps. The shadows feel dense enough to reach out and touch. "Where... where am I?" Her jaw trembles, clicks with sudden fear. The air in this forest is ripe with the stench of something rotting, like crowfood left in the sun.

"S-Sycamorekit? Is that you?" Another pelt brushes against hers. Her brother's scent is lost amidst the darkness, but she knows the shape of him, the feel of him against her, and it brings her a sliver of comfort to know she's not alone.

"My babies," something whispers from the treeline. Marblekit freezes, her blood running cold. M...mama? "Who's there?" Her voice is a croak, froglike. When Siltcloud reveals herself, thin and disheveled, her emerald eyes thin slits in her cinnamon face, Marblekit's jaws fly open.

"Mama!" She makes as if to run to her, but her steps are awkward, unsure, and she stops halfway. Siltcloud is dead. Siltcloud had hurt Betonyfrost's daughter, had covered up for Granitepelt's crimes. But still. . .part of her wants nothing more than to curl up at her flank and bury her face into warm, fragrant fur. "Mama, where are we? Is this... is this StarClan?" She flicks an ear, hesitant.

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 5 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan kit, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.

I'M THE MONSTER YOU INVENTED
HOW COULD YOU EVER FORGET ME NOW ?

siltcloud 21 moons female she/her dark forest rogue

dbp6sl7-caa8d532-cbdd-486d-80ea-29ec34139e78.png
Warmth fills her chest as she looks at her kits, and no matter how dull her expression always seems to be she is rather overjoyed to see them again. " Of course it is - Where else would... it be? " she says, voice fading into rasps for a moment as she watches Marblekit falter in her steps. Its a lie of course - one that comes easy as breathing for her, because while this place with no name is not starclan, it must be something close enough to it. A place for monsters like her - and if such a place allows her to visit her kin, then who is she to scare them away with the truth? " I'm so... happy to see you two again, "

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

M A Y H E M F O L L O W S M E A R O U N D