out in the garden where we planted the seeds | ravensong

Finally, Lilybloom decides to seek out the advice of the medicine cat for her illness. Although she had an inkling what was the cause for her symptoms, a small part of her did not want to go just in case it was something more serious, Stars, she did not even know what was wrong with Iciclefang yet either. For all she knew, her sister's condition could have been something quite serious too.

"Ravensong? Do you have a moment?" Lilybloom would call out. She knew Ravensong had his paws full as of late, so she would not have begrudged him for shooing her on if needed. When the medicine cat does appears, she gives him a warm smile, "If you're busy I can come back later," She mewed. "I was just wondering if there were any herbs or treatments you could suggest? I haven't been quite myself as of late. I've been nauseous, tired, and generally quite uncomfortable."

@RAVENSONG

"Ah, no, not busy." Comes the reply. Although Ravensong finds himself more exhausted than usual, he holds the opinion that he can distract himself from the aching hole left in his heart from Dovethroat's disappearance by busying himself in more work. The rogues have given him little rest. Ravensong's paws feel bruised and battered from the amount of wound-healing he had to complete in the past moon or so. It has become almost mechanical.

When he sees Lilybloom's quiet and amicable face, he allows himself to relax. Just once, he begs, could he have some good news in his life. Although her fur does not smell of blood, it is the nausea that concerns him. "I could give you something to ease the nausea but I think I may feel more comfortable in giving it to you once I can identify why this is causing that pain." He remarked, looking thoughtfully over the she-cat. "How long have you felt like this?" If it is chronic, he cannot believe it is something like a bad fish.

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them" openly suffers from chronic migraines single, but "it's complicated"

She's quietly relieved when the medicine cat does not shoo her away. She could not imagine how busy he had been as of late, but at least he had Moonpaw to assist him. He listens to her list her concerns with a thoughtful expression and Lilybloom is glad to hear he might be able to give her something for the nausea. "Good. I've been looking forward to not feeling like I can't keep my food down," Lilybloom chuckled awkwardly. At his following question, she takes a moment or two to consider itself. "Hmm, a couple of days now," She responded calmly. "Do you think it's something serious?"

Ravensong does not say anything immediately, but the look in his eyes does betray that he had immediately crossed off food poisoning in his mind. A lingering suspicion hangs in his mind as he listens to Lilybloom explain her symptoms. He moves a little closer to examine the she-cat. He's quiet in his work, almost unnerving. Her question lingers in the air between them, unanswered as Ravensong picks around.

And then he's gotten it, he's familiar with it now since Iciclefang had already been *diagnosed*. And the signs seem quite clear to him. Drawing back, he drones in a monotone voice. "Quite serious... you could say." He rasps, angular features hardening for a moment before they soften and he tries his best at a smile (he had never been good at them. "You're with kits." He explains.

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them" openly suffers from chronic migraines single, but "it's complicated"

Reactions: Thorny

Lilybloom waits with bated breath to hear what he has to say. She is a little unnerved when he approaches her, working quietly around her. She assumes he is examining her, looking for some physical sign of illness, or something else she might have been showing.

When he confirms is was something "serious", she stares at him in alarm. Though, as his own face softens, so too does her own as she realises he was trying to lighten the mood. You're with kits, he says. It takes a moment for the words to sink in, but when it does she smiles warmly. "Truly? Oh, that is such wonderful news," She mews, already thinking of how excited she would be to tell her mate and family. "Will I - Do you need to do any checkups now?"

Ravensong smiles at the reaction he is given. He knows how difficult the news had been for Iciclefang, so to see Lilybloom's face brighten and soften at his words makes his heart warm. "Congratulations." He nods to affirm her questioning words. It is exciting, he thinks. Newleaf will see to it that RiverClan is full of more kits. He knows that this is good for the Clan.

He shakes his head. "You look fine for now. Come to me immediately if you feel any unusual or sharp pain. But I will like to see you within a week for another check-up perhaps. You will have to move into the nursery in about a half-moon." He reasons. "From there, Moonpaw and I can continue to mark your milestones." He explains.

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait. born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den. secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them" openly suffers from chronic migraines single, but "it's complicated"