private OUTLINE THE STARS &. swanpaw

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

it had been quite some time since they'd just... stargazed. that they took some time for themself to relax and enjoy the sight of the twinkling stars above them. given everything that had happened, they weren't sure when they would have gotten time but there is a notable break in chaos. things seem calmer, even if inside there was so much turmoil and pain it seemed neverending. this was going to be a time for this, more than anything. as they walked out of their den, their paws slowed to see swanpaw still awake. most apprentice didn't stay awake, especially such a sleepy one as swanpaw, but they figured there was no harm and asking the kit to join them.

"can't sleep, huh? me neither."

they don't dare tell the apprentice that anytime they close their eyes, they're afraid they'll see their bleeding body on the ground yet again. their tail lashes at the thought before they just continue.

"wanna join me? just gonna go watch the stars."

// @Swanpaw

⋆⁺₊ ☾ ⁺₊⋆ Swanpaw is a far more restless sleeper than one might think. There's a reason he naps so much during the day, a reason he seems always on the verge of falling asleep. Nightmares, sleepwalking.... Truthfully, the line between day and night have blurred together for the apprentice, melting into a haze of drowsy memories.

He doesn't really mind. Especially on nights like this, when his restlessness leads him to another. Their leader, Chilledstar, alone out in the clearing. Do they bear the curse of nightmares, too, he wonders? It seems silly to ask. Of course, one closer to death than even he would feel the weight of it in the night.

They're speaking to him. He's taken too long to respond. Swanpaw blinks, slowly, sorting back through the words. He's so bad at focusing, these days. "Ah... Yes, of course..." murmurs the ghostly tom, not merely out of politeness. Any who he finds in these dim hours are welcome company, and stargazing is a hobby he will not deny. He moves to join Chilledstar, steps soft and careful. "A night so clear this..." He trails off, leaving the thought half finished. Or maybe that is the end; it's not so clear as the skies above. After a moment, he continues. "Do you... Ah, are you often...? Sleepless, looking to the stars... Our paths have not crossed like this until now." He would not be surprised if the leader suffers from sleeplessness, though it seems he was not meant to know until now.

• // I HOPE ITS OK THAT I'M REPLYING SO LATE.... it's not rly a time sensitive thread so i'd still love to play it out if ur cool w that <3
  • 65035420_GiaBine7dcKpkS2.png

"SPEECH"
  • SWANPAW ☁︎ he / him, apprentice of shadowclan, ten moons.
    a pale, silky-furred cream tabby with droopy blue eyes.
    dreamy and detached, more ghost than cat. known for his perpetual sleepiness.
    halfshade x smogmaw, littermate to applepaw, garlicpaw, & ashenpaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Reactions: CHILLEDSTAR.
DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

the leader nods their head. they do suffer from sleeplessness as he called it. a lot more than they would care to admit. more so now that geckoscreech was missing. they can't help the way they're restless. the entire clan's wellbeing on their shoulders and though the burden is shared, it did not make it any less of their fault when something bad happened. ah, but the young one did not need to hear any of that.

"usually I just join a night time patrol or two. but sometimes... sometimes I sit at the stars. think about my mom. pitchstar. stumpyspots. other cats we've lost. how about you? you often losing sleep, swanpaw?"

they ask quietly, tail twitching.

"have you asked our medicine cats for some help to sleep?"

they don't actually know if they can do anything at all. but it's worth a try, yeah?