private over the glowing hill [pinkpaw]

Since their exile from Sootstar’s WindClan, the tunneler has been troubled. The horseplace is better than the bloodshed they’d faced in WindClan’s camp, but that doesn’t make it a good place to live. She can only hope that Sunstride will lead them back into the moorland territory, to take their camp from Sotostar just as the rogues had while she was gone in the mountains. The calico worries, though, for the lives of those around her. If the time comes when they need to face Sootstar’s warriors again, they will need to be as prepared as possible.

For Scorchstreak, preparation means seeking out her apprentice a few days after they arrived at the horseplace. Pinkpaw had been brave, joining into the fight against Bluefrost, but she is barely older than a kit, and certainly not well-trained for battle. Without tunnels to train in, the calico decides that the next best option is to teach Pinkpaw all that she can in the time that they have. "Pinkpaw," she begins, punctuating her statement with a pause—she wants to ensure that she’s gotten her apprentice’s attention before continuing. "That was foolish, what you did in the battle. Bluefrost could have hurt you badly." She would have killed you, given the chance. Though her words are harsh, no anger seeps into her tone. She understands why Pinkpaw would lunge at the other tunneler, but sparring against Featherpaw is much different than biting into the leg of a fully-grown warrior.

"I think you were very brave, though. You’ve been brave throughout all of this." She had expected the younger she-cat to show fear, having escaped her first true battle. But Pinkpaw seems in a rather good mood, all things considered. "Today, I want to train you to fight." It isn’t a question, but she leaves room for the apprentice to decline. If they are to face their former clanmates as a pair, then Pinkpaw will need to be able to at least defend herself from attacks. If the apprentice cannot do so, then Scorchstreak cannot allow her to fight in any capacity, if avoidable.

// @PINKPAW
[ BE A FIRE, BURN THIS DOWN ]

When Scorchstreak tells Pinkpaw to follow her, she expects, um... spooky tunnels, and darkness, and dirt, and clay stuff. Being at the horseplace made her totally forget that she should be hiding from Scorchstreak and stuff... She'd caught her totally by surprise, so Pinkpaw had no choice to follow, dragging her feet and drooping her ears and all...

But they're not stopping outside some musty tunnel. There out in the sun, somewhere were Sootstar wouldn't find them still... but out. And then Scorchstreak is stopping to talk to her. Pinkpaw perks a little, angling a puzzled glance at her mentor. And then she wants to protest, like, right away! What she did was super cool and brave and what if Scorchstreak got hurt because she didn't bite Bluefrost? Scorchstreak saved her so it was only fair if Pinkpaw saved her right back... The girl puffs out her cheeks in defiance, tail lashing fiercely. Bluefrost could have hurt you badly. This was like... the same weird stuff that Featherpaw had told her... Can't she fight? Can't she be helpful, and stuff? Pinkpaw is ready to retort. " But I! But I, um—! "

I think you were very brave, though. And then Pinkpaw simmers down, face shifting from angry to confused. So was she "foolish," or was she super duper brave? Pinkpaw puffs out her chest a little regardless, mismatched paws tapping on the dry ground. Featherpaw had told her to train, too. Everyone just wanted her to train. Well... well maybe she would, so next time she bites Bluefrost, she's just brave and nothing else!

" Okay! " she says, and she drops into her best fighters crouch, looking at Scorchstreak as fiercely as she could.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
  • NOTE: SHE IS A FEVER COAT BABY!!
    I3iy2hK.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.
    —— SHE / HER; UNOPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 5 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with suburst eyes ringed blue around her pupils (central heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!
    HEAVY IC OPINIONS! Pinkpaw is a very irrational and childish character!​

Pinkpaw looks far less than excited to be following behind her, and for a moment Scorchstreak wonders if the apprentice will complain. As expected, the little she-cat begins to protest when the warrior begins to lightly scold her, but she quiets down just as quickly. Pinkpaw looks a bit confused by Scorchstreak’s words; she agrees to the plan, though, and so the calico offers her a small smile. The apprentice settles into a crouch that could be intimidating if she were any larger. "Your stance is decent," she comments, a scarred brow rising in mild surprise. She’d watched Pinkpaw and Featherpaw spar, but her attention had been split between her apprentice and her friend.

What is the best way to begin, she thinks. Pinkpaw has not been keen on training as a tunneler, and so the warrior assumes that simy showing her tunneler tactics won’t go very far. Instead, she decides that it is better to explain why they should fight a certain way. "You and I are smaller than other cats, so we can’t rely on strength like moor runners can. But we can fit into the tunnels, and being small isn’t always a bad thing." She can recall many past battles in which her small size was her saving grace. It had also been to her detriment time after time; against Cicadastar, she had felt as helpless as a pinned sparrow. Her apprentice should never have to share that experience. Especially not against her former clanmates—cats she grew up with, cats she lived with.

"Being quick is our greatest strength. Running out and then ducking back into the tunnels, dodging enemies’ attacks; any fight can be won by a weaker cat as long as they are fast." Not every attack needs to be a heavy hit; a flurry of quick, small blows can just as easily end a fight. And it is important to avoid every injury possible, since Wolfsong no longer has the herbs necessary to patch them up after fights. And if the calico hopes that she will never have to see her apprentice greatly injured, then that can stay a quiet hope.

She does not settle into a crouch, but instead stands before her apprentice, attempting to appear relaxed. Her shoulders stress tensed, though, prepared to dart out of the way if needed. "Go ahead and attack me—claws sheathed, stars know I don’t need any more scars on my face. Just do what feels natural, try to hit me." She gestures for Pinkpaw to get on with it, offering a reassuring flick of her ear.
[ BE A FIRE, BURN THIS DOWN ]

Is decent good? Probably good, yeah! " Yay! " she cheers, tail curling behind her before she remembers she's supposed to be fierce and stuff. " I mean, grr! " she corrects, quickly shifting back into her decent stance so Scorchstreak can admire how totally cool it is.

Pinkpaw's face scrunches up as Scorchstreak continues on. Small. That's why Sootstar had made her a tunneler... " I'm still growing, aren't I? " she half - protests, furrowing her brows at her mentor. Maybe she just meant she was a bit smaller now. Scorchstreak would totally have to reteach her everything in like, less than a moon... Pinkpaw's lips stick out in a pout, but she listens anyways. dodging enemy attacks, like... so Bluefrost wouldn't totally hit her this time. " I'm not weaker! " she argues. " ...But I wanna dodge stuff anyways... " she adds in a mumble... Plus, um, whatsherface would be happier that way too...

Scorchstreak wants her to hit her... Other cats are so weird sometimes... Whatherface had wanted that, too... We'll she'll get it! Pinkpaw is going to smack her soooo hard! Wiggling her flank, she prepares to show Scorchstreak her ultimate (and only) battle move: pouncing extremely fiercely! She couldn't knock Scorchstreak over like she did to Featherpaw, but maybe she can smack her in the face or something instead!
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
  • NOTE: SHE IS A FEVER COAT BABY!!
    I3iy2hK.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.
    —— SHE / HER; UNOPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 5 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with suburst eyes ringed blue around her pupils (central heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!
    HEAVY IC OPINIONS! Pinkpaw is a very irrational and childish character!​