pafp PAIN MONOPOLY | prompt, criticism

Camp repairs were well underway for the day, assigned to reinforce the thicket walls, Pebblestep had gotten started early to ensure that things would be prepared by the time the rest of the patrols returned. It was a long process, back and forth Pebblestep had moved in camp, pulling about manageable bramble clumps to plug the holes left by strong winds, analysing each job for errors and tentatively moving on to the next when a slight surge of confidence found the mousy feline. After a good amount of time, they thought they were finished. Breaths were heavy as they admired their work, it'd never been easy for Pebblestep to keep at things for long, but everything seemed ok with the wall now. He doubted any predators would come barreling through anytime soon and, if they did again, he'd be ready for them. Or, so he thought. A voice popped up from behind the tom, causing him to raise a paw to his chest for comfort. The sting of criticism was instantaneous, they didn't get all of it, their heart beating out of its bony chest and ears hotter than fire.

Something about inefficiency, something about the job being unfinished... Sheepishly, they turned back around to look at the bramble wall. Be it the product of constructive criticism or real error, suddenly, copper eyes noticed the gaps they had left, the way had some brambles hadn't been manipulated in such a way to sturdy, the way he hadn't even considered the weakness that the corners could bring. It felt as if he had been stabbed by a dozen claws as tears welled up in his eyes. Damn it, how could he ever be as good as Stormywing or Flycatcher if he couldn't even fix a wall properly? "Oh... oh you're right..." they mewed with drooped ears. "I'm sorry Wildheart, and I'm sorry wall. You deserve someone with much better paws to take care of you, how could I have done such a thing?" The wall deserved ThunderClan paws to take care of it, not his own, which seemed marred by the softness of a life lived before. Pebblestep bowed, their forehead bumped against the snow, eyes closed. "Please take my paws as tribute, they are unworthy." The tom did not seem to be joking, nor the type to.

[ Pebblestep strives to be a notoriously hard worker, one day a clanmate comes to him with constructive criticism on their efforts, how does he take this? - @WILDHEART ]

ddd766908b2f55be5125eb67dcb6934dc3225d4br1-356-356v2_00.jpg
"I hope you aren't calling this job done?" Wildheart huffed as he prowled over to investigate the work carried out by Pebblestep, however, it did not meet his strict standard. Without even pausing to consider how his clanmate would take his words he delved into his criticisms, pointing out the lack of technique used when weaving the brambles together, the wasted efficiency through the use of poor techniques, and so on. Naturally he expected Pebblestep to return to the job so it could be finished, but that's not how it went.

Wildheart's eyes widened in response to Pebblestep's words and apology, and it honestly left him confused. After a moment he blinked away the bafflement and he locked his stern glower upon his clanmate. "I don't want to take your paws! Now if you're done snivelling I suggest you pick yourself up and get back to tending to the wall. It can't be left in such a state, unless you hope to invite badgers inside." He ordered in his usual gruff tone, though his expression and tone soon softened as he continued to speak. "I can show you how to do it right so it doesn't unravel."