PALMS OF JUPITER [✦] mc meeting

62674583_a1uqbVYTf6PRrfE.gif
Starlingheart is tired beyond belief. Her bones feel heavy as she and Magpiepaw make their way to the moonstone tonight. Of course, she had gone to fourtrees first, waited for Berryheart and Lichenpaw like she had said they were going to do, and they had walked together. That had helped her fatigue a little bit but it did little to ease her heart which twists painfully in her chest. It had taken everything in her to tear herself away from Flintkit, her son who lays sick in the medicine cats den alongside Halfshade and Heavybranch. But she had to come tonight. Her dream the other night had obviously been something important, something from the stars and it needed to be shared with the others. They could help, or at least she is hoping that they can.

When they arrive to the moonstone she feels the same sense of awe every time she lays eyes on that hallowed rock. Her green eyes flicker to the cats next to her as they await the arrival of everyone. She makes polite conversation when it is appropriate but it is clear her mind is elsewhere. Once all the medicine cats have made their way into the cave she clears her throat and waits for all eyes to shift to her before she speaks. "I-I had a dream the other night" she tells them and she pauses for a moment, trying to gather her thoughts. "I uh I think it was from StarClan" had anyone else had a similar experience? Had StarClan simply taken pity on her or was it a message all of the clans had recieved. "I dreamed of-of a strange plant. I think- I think it was a creeper vine" she had not been present at the great battle, not yet born, but she had grown up hearing stories about it. She knew the symbolism of the creeper vine had correlated to the five clans. Was it the same in her dream? "The vine- the vine spread un-until it covered the whole forest. And then it- then it tu-tu-turned orange and-and red. Like the colors of-of leaf fall but they did not fall off the-the vine." she is not completely sure what it means but it did help to say it aloud, to sort her thoughts on the matter. Her gaze sweeps across the other medicine cats, worry and concern evident in those round green eyes as she awaits their reactions.

// @Magpiepaw @BERRYHEART @LICHENPAW @WOLFSONG @cottonpaw @RAVENSONG @DAWNGLARE @Fireflypaw

With his mother, Berryheart had briefly discussed his dream- a visit from StarClan was something to be acted upon quickly, after all. Even with their heads together- for his intellect had not stemmed from nowhere- they had not been able to work out exactly what it had meant. He had been noticeably disquieted on the walk over, even accompanied by Quills, Freckles and Pebbles, and he had observed that Pebbles was a little reserved too. However, when they entered the moonlight-blanketed nest of StarClan, he had not been expecting her to pipe up about her own vision, and one of the same plant. The vine, the creeper vine. The prophecy that had birthed the Clans they now knew.

"That's odd," he murmured, eyes slipping momentarily over to his apprentice. "I had a dream regarding the vine, too. A visit from a cat I once knew. He told me..." Berryheart paused again, sitting on his words, dull eyes fluttering closed for a moment as he tried to recall the exact words. They seemed to stick in his mind a bit more prominently than others might... "The vine will not grow without all of its leaves."

He gauged the reactions of all who were gathered for a moment, before parting his crooked maw in another scarcely-uttered sentence. His throat was dry with this word-abundance, despite their importance. If you reach back, Prickles had told him. And it was far back, but... "They must be connected. And... perhaps about the creeper vine that conceived the Clans..."
PENNED BY PIN ☾

Only a few moonrises ago, Ravensong would have opted to forgo this meeting entirely. In hindsight, he could tell himself he had been acting too rashly, but in that moment Ravensong had truly believed that would be what was best. The Clans ought to hunker down and stay away from each other to prevent more sickness. Despite his natural stubbornness and haughtiness, he allowed himself to accept that there was something he did not know and would have to bring to the others. Interpreting StarClan was never his best skill, and he was biased to take the most pessimistic angle.

But neither he nor Cicadastar could make sense of his vision, and thus the dark-coated medicine cat cancelled his plans of cancellation and made his way to the Moonstone to greet the other medicine cats.

It was coincidental that Starlingheart came with a troubling vision she did not understand. But it was purposeful that Berryheart had a prophecy that seemed to link exactly to Starlingheart's vision. Of course, the words and imagery that had brought the Clans to where they were today, when Ravensong was only a kit.

"How strange then... that I dreamed of mountains—taller than what we see here—with snow on the mountain tops and the sun prompting life as it set behind them." Ravensong offered cooly, not seeing how his vision of mountains had anything to do with creeper vines.

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN
    LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them"
    openly suffers from chronic migraines
    single, but "it's complicated"

──ᨒ↟↟ᨒ↟ᨒ↟↟ᨒ── He is leaden, keenly aware of each step taken, the slow lifting and lowering of paws as he leads his apprentice to the moonstone. He is heavy with kits and doubt and a most vivid dream, and in that, it seems, he is not alone. Starlingheart begins, speaking of a vine and its shifting hues, which brings Berryheart forward to describe a similar mind-scape, with the proposal that it may share blood with the clans' origin. Wolfsong is not familiar with the clans' inception, rogue as he once was, but given Berryheart's line of reasoning, he does not have cause to doubt a common thread between them.

Ultimately, it is Ravensong's recounting of mountains that draws sharply Wolfsong's one-eyed stare, though after RiverClan's medicine cat finishes, he does not immediately fill the silence. He adjusts his position to something nearing comfortable, and glances at Cottonpaw, gauging her expression to glean what she makes of this exchange. He hums lowly, and his next breath is of crisp, rocky air. "I woke to a breezeless mist, and from it came a star-freckled cat, their back to great, sheer walls of stone. I filled my lungs with a mountain's breath and smelled bitterly sharp herbs, for at my paws were swells of lungwort embraced by frost. The cat beckoned that I follow." Here, the dream sours in his memory, and his jaw tightens. "A storm of howls clouded around us and they led me to a fissure in a wall, where the sky poured into the cave." And there he lapses, briefly. "Two of us a vine, two the mountains— StarClan speaks." He seeks Dawnglare's figure, waiting for a dream of his own.
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 38 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge.
    ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know; he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel."
    ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you.
    ★★☆☆☆ KITTING: Thanks to Starlingheart, he's better prepared for the arrival of kits, but any complications will need a little faith and a lot of luck.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you.
    ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.

Cottonpaw can't help but feel disappointment. Her first trip to the Moonstone, to see StarClan and thank them for their blessing and sign... but the yellowcough pandemic overtakes the experience. It must - their jobs as medicine cats is to not be selfish, after all. She will have other chances. The young molly seats herself in beside Wolfsong, keeping her lips pressed together as she prepares herself to evacuate him again, if need be. Her gaze falls to Magpiepaw, but only for a brief moment before the teachers begin speaking.

Stars glitter in her eyes as fascination begins to drown her disappointment. Wolfsong looks towards her, his expression more serious than hers, and she simply taps him with her tail before he starts. Like he says - two vines, two mountains... She follows his one eyed gaze towards Dawnglare, paws kneading the ground as she anticipates a connection from the red and white cat.​

His vision had gripped him when he had least expected it – a fitful slumber in a den stinking of sickness. He was no stranger to divine tellings. His presence here had too been guided by the stars, once upon a time, before he had pupil to call his own; when a sweet, honey - studded cat stood in place of RiverClan, rather than their night - shrouded successor. For a moment – only for a moment, had Dawnglare thought the stars may have turned an unfavorable eye upon him – the nature of his dreams more harrowing, than not as of late. He saw suffering and sadness, things that he would rather not pay any attention to, at all.

And then he had turned woeful surprise to a face he’d once known so clearly; sun smatterings blended into the face of new - moon. It was so obvious, whose daughter she is.

He was not the only one to meet a face, rather than a scene. With the most respectable amongst them, this is an honor he feels alright in sharing. Ultimately, his gaze is glassy, eyes too tired to find irritants in any of the words the four exchanged. WindClan’s supposed chosen, number three or normal four… ( They were still here? ) And with their whole eye, they attempt to find his own gaze.

Dawnglare only paws at the ground for a moment, his eyes half closed. Mother’s stone floors ease his eyes more than the faces of anyone else possibly would.

" So there is… more somewhere, despite the season. " An observation mumbled. Truly, he had not been listening closesly, but his ears had perked at the words of their salvation like that of a man starved. " Someone spoke to me. I had known them as well. " It’s the least important part. The least important part, that he threatens to dwell oh. A huff of breath. " She told me… what had she said? "If the five are to survive, borders must be crossed." "

He pays little attention to those in training present. He would have plenty of time to hear their voices, when their mentors meet a gruesome end. The tom shuts his eyes, exhausted. Weakened as he was ( Certainly not by design, and for this, he utters sincere apologies ), the connections are slow to form. " And so... "

•  
  • ( 𝙒𝙃𝙔'𝘿 𝙄𝙏 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙎𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂? ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    —— He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    —— Currently 55 moons old. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    Currently in an era of questioning; upset and uncomfortable by things he should not be.​
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

Were it not for the plague of death that spread from clan to clan and coated the inside of the den in the scent of fever, he might've been in much higher spirits than he was now. Magpiepaw had enjoyed the walk to the moonstone with Lichenpaw at his side, dire situation aside, and getting to see Cottonpaw was warming to the soul as well though he didn't have much time to chat outside a brief hello in greeting before their mentors launched in a discussion on dreams and their meanings.

He latches onto Berryheart's comment most, the creeper vine was already used as a symbol once - he had heard the stories of it spoken to breath the clans into existence so surely it meant the same now but that didn't make sense at all, "...but the clans are already formed." The apprentice mused, confused tone, surely it didn't mean to make more clans? Dawnglare speaks of crossed borders and he hums in amused annoyance at the nonsense of it. Why did they have borders if StarClan wanted them to cross them, did they need to go out and find more clans for this creeper vine? Would he establish BirdClan and take with him the cats he liked to their own plot in the forest to be left unbothered by the masses? BirdClan was sounding especially tempting now actually, perhaps he would consider that more proper later when this sickness madness had been addressed.
"If the five clans are to survive borders must be crossed, a creeper vine, the colors of leaf-fall to come, mountains fragrant with lungwort..." Magpiepaw repeats, chirps in his sing-song tone, rolls it about his head thoughtfully. How strange, they all recieved such different dreams - if StarClan had a message then why would it send such fragmented pieces to individuals rather than to each of the older healers as a whole. His blue-violet eyes widen, dart to Cottonpaw and Lichenpaw with enthusiasm, "Surely we are mean to solve this together, we are above borders after all."
Medicine cats were quite privileged in that way, above such trivial things as clan loyalty and boundaries. Obviously it was meant for them to solve. He glances to his mentor, tired and overworked with kits and sickness rampaging swiftly through their marshlands and he wishes that StarClan would simply spare them this trial - he hated seeing her so.

She is taken aback when all of the other medicine cats offer their input, when they tell one another about their own dreams. It seemed as if they had all gotten one, that they were all connected in some way. It was clear that the creeper vine symbolized the five clans, StarClan had given them something that was easy enough to puzzle out but the vision of the mountains? "I-I won-won-wonder if the-if the uh- the mountains are a-a-a uh a symbol or-or literal, per-perhaps-perhaps they are telling us we will- we'll find-we'll fuh-find- we'll find lungwort here-here at-at highstones" she muses, but somehow she doubts it would be that easy. When the other cats say they were visited by another she feels a brief pang of sudden jealousy. What she would have given to see her brother and her mother again... It is a selfish thought, she should be happy she got to see them at all after their deaths. It is a privilege that few other cats had. She quickly eaves the feeling away, there would be other opportunities to see her loved ones again.

She nods to her apprentices words, he was right. She could never raise a claw against any of the cats who were present now and she hopes that they feel the same about her. She knows she can find friends in Ravensong and Berryheart but Wolfsong and Dawnglare she found she was still somewhat wary of. She had always considered the medicine cats of WindClan a friend, even when their clans had turned to enemies. But she did not know this medicine cat like she had the others. "Magpiepaw is right" she affirms "Whatever- whatever StarClan is-is trying to uh to say I think- I think they want us to work- to work together" Why else would they send them not one but two messages about the creeper vine?

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
"So, you're all having linked dreams, then?" Fireflypaw quips up beside his mentor, eyes tired and sunken as he peers sightlessly towards his medicine-adept companions. If the creeper vine needed to work together.. Did that mean there was a journey on the horizon? Fireflypaw blinks in thought, head tilting to the side. Luckily we might not have to go ourselves. He thinks idly, remembering the wheezing form of Sparrowsong in their nest held inside his den. He didn't like the idea of leaving their side anytime soon.

Fireflypaw keeps to himself in these moments, not voicing his opinion like he usually did- the plague has worn him down, sucked the life out of his eyes for now. It would return, but for now he just hoped they could find more of the cure and get past this plaguing illness. His family and friends deserved that much. He didn't have a dream of mountains or creeper vines, but he did believe the others when they said they did. Perhaps it was only for the fully trained medicine cats- if that's the case, it made sense. Of course you'd want your life in the hands of those you trust most. ​
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 13 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

" They are infurating, like this, " the tom huffs in reply to ShadowClan’s medicine cat – the one with their eyes not so sickly. He does not doubt that StarClan has spread themselves thin under the guise of unity. While he knew the truth, all others present were none the wiser to the reality if their importance, truly. A star - studded message is a quick way to having pawns preen of their own importance. " Yes, it seems so, " dryly, he would agree.

Starlingheart ponders the nature of StarClan’s apparently affinity for the mountains. With a lilt of his head, he mulls it over. " Here at highstones… I'd hope that StarClan would make the clue as simple as the answer, " though as he says it, he would drag an eye along the dredges of the cavern, half - curious if he would spot small lungwort sprouts within the cracks, if only he search hard enough.

So, you're all having linked dreams, then? Pointed teeth flash in the moonlight when he yawns, letting the exhaustion in his voice seep as he regards his apprentice. " You hate concerning yourself with anything of importance, don’t you? " the observation lacks venom, but is a tired one nonetheless. A subtle tapping of the paws – mulling over what he knows. It is not untrue that such an occurrence was uncommon, though. And perhaps, an extravagant theory would not be so unwelcome.

" An idea, " The pause between this, and anything else is lengthy; how to word things in a manner that could be understood. " When we had been made aware of Lungwort, at once, more had been demanded of me, " his annoyance from the moment is not fully gone – a sneer is threatened, with the clack of his teeth, but regardless, he presses on. " I was quick to note that while I had sorry looking clumps of Lungwort within my den, I had not lain my eyes on any in the ground in some moons.

" This makes me consider – that it is the wretched sort of herb that prefers to sprout come the cold season; the sort meant to cultivate fear, though, ironically… it is what we need. Of course, come Leafbare, we would be long gone, were this to go unchecked. "

A long sigh, and then he has paused again. Claws clicking against the stone floor fill the empty space. Moonlit eyes would pass between those present with a tired intensity. " We would need a place that defies the seasons, then. Already cold. " An eye leveled in the direction of RiverClan, and then WindClan. " Someplace far away would do nicely, like the mountains. They were covered in frost, weren't they? "

• OOC:
  • ( 𝙒𝙃𝙔'𝘿 𝙄𝙏 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙎𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂? ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    —— He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    —— Currently 55 moons old. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    Currently in an era of questioning; upset and uncomfortable by things he should not be.​
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

With a jaw slightly-ajar he watched the others speak- Midnight, cool as ever, offered something that seemed unrelated until Dawn-eye gave his input. Two, the mountains... and then, Peepers... the five. The five leaves of the creeper vines, and snow-capped mountains; fragrant with lungwort, as Quills had said. As they wound closer to the truth, Pebbles speaking of working together, and Peepers touching upon the herb's rarity, Barryheart nodded in enthralled silence. The prophecy had not been crafted to be deciphered alone... no, like ridges of honeycomb these visions and warnings fit together perfectly. Their messaging was vague, but not impenetrable.

A cold place, that defies the season- the mountains. Of course- "We can't go so far to collect the herbs, though..." Berryheart said- the reasoning was self-explanatory. The healers needed to care still for the sick. Though the cure had been found, it was not sustainable, and Yellowcough would continue to latch unless they had lungwort in abundance. And... the Clans could not survive to leafbare. "Then... cats of all five Clans, working together," he motioned to Pebbles, "...must unite as we have. Fetch the herbs from the cold place, and bring them home."

Berryheart felt merely as if he was giving voice to the conclusion they had all reached. The lungwort must be retrieved one way or another, and StarClan was imploring them to unite the five for a mission.
PENNED BY PIN ☾

Reactions: Floppie
He is silent as he listens to the healers from other Clans. Most of the apprentices are quiet—bar Magpiepaw and Fireflypaw's gentle quip. He does not feel too much guilt in passing them over to listen to the other medicine cats. Dawnglare is a cat he respects only for his knowledge and seniority—not much else despite the high manner he treated Beesong which had not seemed to pass down to his namesake apprentice. Now is hardly the time to linger on old grudges he thinks, as he stays purposefully quiet while his peers murmur about themselves, knowing his own beliefs and not willing to let them be known in the presence of the others.

Berryheart's final interpretation makes the most sense, and despite the animosity Ravensong holds toward ThunderClan for stealing RiverClan territory, he genuinely thinks highly of the tortoiseshell medicine cat. Feeling alone in his wavering faithlessness in comparison to the others, he does not feel a sense of accomplishment over what they had to do next. StarClan has given them the answer, but they require more suffering to attain the holy plant. The mountains are dangerous and while he could see clearly the place they would send their Clans too, he knows disaster can hide behind beauty well—the image of his leader comes to mind.

"Well then." His tongue feels bitter and unwelcoming, his hesitance in the starry guidance is masked over a general uncertainty of how to proceed. How many will we send to their deaths? He wonders. "This is a matter I have to bring to Cicadastar." It is out of his paws.

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN
    LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them"
    openly suffers from chronic migraines
    single, but "it's complicated"

She listens to all of their words with a thoughtful expression on her monochrome features, her light green eyes flitting from one medicine cat to the next. Dawnglare is surprisingly insightful and, for a moment, she wonders if perhaps she had misjudged him. Perhaps he was not as crazy as he sometimes seemed. His mental sanity must somewhat be still intact if he can draw so much sense from the visions and prophecies placed before all of them. She nods to Berryhearts words, they made total sense. Why else would StarClan show the creeper vine if they did not want them to work together? The idea was not foreign to her, she did not have any qualms with the other medicine cats and she would gladly help any of them, but she knows her clanmates may feel differently. It would be hard to ask this of ShadowClan but she must try...

"And I will- I will have to bring this up with-with Ch-ch-chilledstar" she informs them, shuffling her paws as she speaks. Her gaze then flits to the WindClan medicine cats "Now-now that thats out of- out of the way we uh we have something else that needs t-to be- to be attended to..." she trails off at the end, an invitation for Wolfsong to step forward with his apprentice and introduce her as a medicine cat in training to StarClan.