passenger seat . applefrost

Lately, the cinnamon and white feline had taken an innate interest in Applefrost's whereabouts, especially after she had taken up the mantle of training their sibling. Surely, some had caught his curious tail wags and twiddling ears whenever their friend was near. A part of him felt indebted, and the other a touch shy. In a way, they even felt spoiled getting so much of both of their time.

Yet, he was hooked on the high of happiness for a change, something he wasn't quite accustomed to. It felt nice just to be in her presence alone or with their brother. She should be back by now. On the dot, returning paw steps alerted him. Not wanting to appear overly eager, he waited patiently as the hunting patrol dropped their earnings and split up. Quickly, giving his scruffy coat one last look over. Sensing the returning cats were winding down, the Skyclanner knew it was time to strike.

Intently their good eye wandered over several pelts before landing on the aforementioned cat of interest. Alright, let's go. Taking on the mental booster, he roused to all four paws, swiftly exiting the empty corner of camp he'd been sunbathing in previously. Doing the usual dance, he sought out the replenished pile. Coyly, they swiped up a mouse and peered from the corner of his eye, hoping that the nearby she-cat would ask him to join her. Heart thrumming to life as anticipation spiked along their pelt.

Sometimes, she had sought him, and on separate occasions, not. Today, a part of him hoped they could spend a little more time with one another. One of the days when she nodded in their general vicinity. If not, that would be alright, no problem. Weakly, his mind chortled back at the lame excuse. Just be cool.

• A current day thread for the lovelies! @APPLEFROST I'm lame and will admit Last Christmas by George did it this go around!
  • 1000007505-png.1053

✧ 29 moons old
    ✧ skyclan warrior
    ✧ he/they ; single
    ✧ child of npc x npc
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric

Last edited:

If Applefrost was ever described as anything, punctual would be one of them. The orange-dusted molly was not one to waste time when tasks were given no matter how her whimsy and ideas led her in her free time. Being given a duty was like snapping her into a focused trance, bound by completing what was expected of her and doing little else.

Being given Bear as a responsibility had emerged an intense focus from her, far from any kind of patrol or skirmish. It was a different level that had her attention at all times, considering the protocols following their new warriors. Applefrost took Bear's success in adapting as seriously as her own need to live and breathe- if at any point he failed it would be a reflection of her capabilities. If at any point he hesitated even after deemed a fully warrior, she would see herself as the first to blame.

Her pupil's kin certainly made her case easier, though. Dogbite was someone she considered a good friend to her, and being his littermate was all the more helpful for Bears journey into warriorhood. Whenever she was not behind chaperoning the tom, her friend was keeping him safe and secured in the pines. Their final patrol for the day had come to an end, sweeping away her focus and allowing her to return relaxed.

Her wide pale stare quickly flitted over the faces that gathered in camp. Her own kin were either absent or busy in their own worlds, her sister in particular not in sight. She saw Dogbite without their brother but instead a mouse, reminding her of just how hungry she was after her duties finished.

"Open to sharing that?" She met their eye with a neutral stare though her tone was kind and welcoming. "You can listen to me complain about how the birds in this forest have it our for me. I think they've start to catch on I'm the Pines worst hunter."

//watch me make a whole playlist for them and being doomed by the narrative

When he noticed her approach their heart skipped a beat. Her punctuality and focus evident in every calculated move. The responsibility she shouldered for Bear was clear, and Dogbite admired their dedication. One of the many attractive attributes the molly paraded and it had the quiet tabby hooked. A familiar warmth spread through their paws, ears and tail tip as she addressed him.

Applefrost's suggestion of sharing his meal caught him off guard, and his ears perked up with surprise. Yes! It seemed the warrior's prayer had been answered and they felt the urge to prance in place. The offer felt like a subtle invitation, and Dogbite couldn't help the thrill that surged within him. Sitting a little taller he politely placed the mouse to the ground."Oh, sure! I'd love to share." They responded, the undercurrent of excitement adding a subtle lilt to his voice.

The prospect of spending more time with Applefrost, even if it was just over a shared meal, made Dogbite's pelt fluff. As they settled down to eat, he nodded expectantly at her offer, mirth blooming gently on his scarred muzzle. "Oh? That's funny. I thought I was the worst hunter. Do tell." He playfully remarked, swinging his paw in a casual gesture, inviting her to share her experiences. Waiting for his friend to take the first bite as they contentedly listened.

• Do it >:3c
  • ———✧———​
    ✧ LH cinnamon tabby w/high white one blue eye
    ✧ child of npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan warrior ; ex-loner ; mentor to littlepaw
    ✧ 31 moons old ; birthday 07/01 ; ages realistically
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric
    ———✧———​