Passing words { Johnny }

Jun 14, 2022
( ) Deersongs' bite wounds ached as she limped her way towards where Johnny had stationed himself after the fox attack, within her jaws was a shining red and gold stone. She would never forget what he had done. How could she? Johnny had launched onto that fox like a gift from starclan itself.

Her aqua gaze would glimmer as she spotted him, picking up her pace until she stopped just before his nest and gingerly placed the stone on the edge. Taking a step back, she would smile in both gratitude and apology as she spoke, "I'm sorry you got hurt saving us, Johnny. But I'll never forget what you did for us...for my mate."

Tears prickled her eyes as she shuffled her paws, soreness emanating from her still-healing wounds that lay beneath cobwebs and herbs. "I don't really know what I could do to thank you but....This type of stone was always one of my favorites. It's supposed to support one through times of stress...which after all we went through I'd say it was pretty stressful.."

//
@Johnny

( LET YOU BREAK; MY HEART AGAIN )

johnny.png

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

Johnny wasn't happy to have been forced into Dawnglares den upon returning. Not only was the bite shallow in his opinion, but the Skyclan medicine cat always gave him a weird vibe. Half the time Johnny couldn't even figure out what the other cat was saying to him, their words so wrapped in riddles and mysteries that it was like the tom was listening to a totally different language. More often then not it left him feeling stupid when everyone else seemed to understand the cryptic feline so well, but in the end he'd relented and gone to receive treatment.

That's where Deersong found him, laying in one of the nests with a frown as he pawed boredly at a scrap of loose moss. The arrival of Deersong had him sitting up with interest, amber eyes lighting up a bit at the prospect of not having to sit there alone. Not to mention he wanted to know how she and Thistle were doing.

Her words came as a bit of a surprise though, amber eyes widening as they shifted between her and the beautiful red and gold rock sat before him.

"This is for me"? he asked, pulling the item toward him with a soft look. "Nobodys ever given me a gift before- aside from my twolegs, I mean. Thank you, Deersong." he said, looking up to meet her aqua gaze warmly.

"That said, you don't need to apologize- or even thank me, really. I'm just glad I was there to help. You've been kind to me since I joined and I like to think we're friends now, and Thistle... he's been so torn up about everything happening lately, I'd have been a right a bastard to stand there and let you get torn apart by a fox right in front of him."

No, Johnny would have sooner let himself be turned into foxfood than let that happening. He was tired of seeing good cats suffer, especially ones like Thistleback. Deersong was precious to the lead warrior, and that made her precious to Johnny in a way as well. She was his friends greatest happiness, and he wouldn't let some mange-ridden fox take that away.

"Come- sit with me if you have some time. How are you and Thistle doing? I know you were both hurt too." he said, gesturing for the teary-eyed shecat to join him, rock clutched safely under his paws.