PEACEFUL AHEAD | chilledstar

Feb 6, 2024
Sneezepaw is not unfamiliar with Duckshimmer's tendency to sweettalk, well.. everyone. It embarrassed him once, as a kitten, but it quickly became part of her character, something he anticipated when watching her interact with others. Even Chilledstar, a cat who intimidated Sneezepaw for their authority alone, was not safe from her suave words. But there was something.. different about it lately, he noticed, in the way they spoke to each other.

"What's with you and Duckshimmer?" the boy questions, a surprising approach given how nervous he was to even be in the presence of Chilledstar not too long ago. Though, he is not at all unkind or demanding; he speaks as softly as ever, only seeking answers of what he assumed to be a blossoming relationship with Duckshimmer - and by extension, her son. Next comes a very blunt and pressing question, that's been on his mind for days: "Are you.. in love with her?"
  • sneezekit SNEEZEPAW
    ━━ APPRENTICE of SHADOWCLAN | 7 MOONS ,, ages every 2nd
    ━━ DUCKSHIMMER xx NPC | SIBLING to SINGEPAW and SWALLOWPAW
    ━━ MATE to none | PARENT to none
    ━━ MENTOR to none | MENTORED by SHARPSHADOW

• speech is #ffcc8a

they didn't expect it either. just like they didn't expect it with geckoscreech. it's not as if they... can't love. they can. but it seems so weird sometimes to want to. very rarely do they find themself flirting or anything of the sort and yet somehow, they did with duckshimmer. and that was from a place of love. they did not flirt unless they meant it and they really did mean it. they'd always love geckoscreech, that isn't something that can be disputed. but they'd also always love duckshimmer, now. no matter what happened. they love her. they don't, however, expect to be asked about it. not by sneezepaw at least. they wave their tail as a greeting to the young cat, ears perking up at his question. ah.. that's... not what they thought he was coming over here for. they almost speak but they find themself speechless with his next sentence.

"oh... uh– I mean..."

how nice. they shake their head trying to force themself to get a proper sentence out.

"... yes. yes i am. i love her. I don't know really know how that happened or when but... it's... i do love her."

this had to be awkward, didn't it? sneezepaw was duckshimmer's kid. they did not need things to be awkward.

"you're not upset, are you? for me loving your mom? she's a very lovely cat and i wouldn't want to upset you."

———————---***i try to live in black and white***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    47 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Reactions: ixora
So, Sneezepaw was right in his assumptions. His mother, who so adamantly taught him that love wasn't for her, has found it at last. And in no other than Chilledstar! It all made sense, suddenly; how upset she got when Chilledstar lost a life, the way she seemed to cling to their side these days.

A small smile creeps onto Sneezepaw's face. Even if they didn't have the same type of bond between mother and child that most cats might have, with Duckshimmer being so aloof during his kithood, he still wants nothing more than for her - and the rest of his family - to be happy. If this is what makes her happy, then so be it.

"Upset?" he echoes. "No.. not upset." He can see why they think so, with the way they so clearly demanded what was going on. It was just.. better to know, he supposes. Then, Sneezepaw thinks in relation to the topic about his father. A cat he had never met, one his mother didn't really have any sort of bond with. It was normal, maybe, for cats to have only one parent, but he can't help but wish for what was. But now, with a new mate.. maybe..

"You know.. I never really had a dad," Sneezepaw speaks again, quiet and awkward, but sincere. He draws a paw in the sand, wondering how silly he'd sound saying all this. "If you and Duckshimmer are mates, well.. really I - I wouldn't mind if you were part of our family.." They could be a whole family, like something he's always dreamed of. He wonders what Singepaw and Swallowpaw would think..
  • sneezekit SNEEZEPAW

• speech is #ffcc8a

the way he speaks makes them jolt in surprise yet again. he never had a dad. they knew that. so why does it still shock them so much when he says it? they furrow their brows in confusion before their ears prick upwards. oh. that's... why he asked. they truly didn't know how to feel about it. they tapped their tail against the ground before humming thoughtfully.

"i didn't have a father either. not really."

they say, as if that will somehow make this easier on the both of them. and besides... whatever chilledstar and duckshimmer had did not have yet have a label. chilledstar would be sure it would get one, because they wanted there to be no mistakes when they said what they said and how they said it. they meant it when they said they loved her.

"i don't know if i can say we are mates yet but... if it gets to that point then of course kiddo. I wouldn't mind being apart of your family either."

———————---***i try to live in black and white***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    47 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

A smile grows on Sneezepaw's face, true and hopeful. It never bothered him that he didn't have a father, not really - maybe once upon a time as a kitten, but he had since outgrown that wish and gotten used to Duckshimmer alone. But.. it would still be nice to fill that spot. They aren't mates yet, but he hopes that they will. It was just like the love stories he heard in nursery tales, after all - so they'd live happily ever after, right?

"Okay - well, that's.. that all I wanted to ask. I think.. you'd be a cool addition." An awkward end to the conversation, but at least little Sneezepaw has something to be joyful over. He'd finally have a dad, and Duckshimmer finally found love. He'd have to break the news to Singepaw and Swallowpaw eventually.. but decides he'll keep this one little happiness to himself. In a friendly gesture, Sneezepaw briefly touches his nose to Chilledstar's shoulder before preparing to bound off and continue his day. "See you later!"
  • sneezekit SNEEZEPAW

• speech is #ffcc8a