PEDESTRIAN AT BEST \ bobbie

Twitchbolt didn't realise how much he'd missed Bobbie until she'd returned. Even before she'd been elevated to one of Blazestar's council, he had missed having another warrior around who understood you could be brave and nervous at the same time. They got on quite well, really- they had, before she'd left. Once or twice she'd even asked him for advice, and now she was as much of a Skyclanner as he was.

His muscles bunched, sprung as he leapt to the lowest branch of a pine, paws balancing expertly. With a crooked tail of mahogany, slightly-less matted from the attention he'd been receiving lately, he beckoned her to follow him. It was surreal to be hunting with her again, climbing to tree-tops, talking with a cat he's not seen in the flesh for so long. A cat, a... a friend, maybe. Oh, it was still difficult to know when a cat was a friend. When they could tolerate him enough to call him that. Everything felt surreal, now...

"I- I heard you had to climb on the journey," he said, wide eyes flaring with interest. He'd never hidden well his passion for climbing. Bobbie had asked him for advice, moons and moons ago now... it still felt unreal, really, that anyone had ever asked him for guidance. And yet, and yet... "Like- help the other clans climb. I can't- how did you even have the patience? It's hard enough teaching an apprentice," he joked, tone a little breathless but imbued with the tiniest shred of mirth.

\ @bobbie !
penned by pin ✧

• Love
Reactions: DOEBLAZE