phantom hourglass | worried pacing

Coyotecrest

sometimes I lose my way
Sep 7, 2022

Cream paws tread ceaselessly back and forth as the spotted tabby practically carves a trail through the damp ground. His pacing was endless, worry prickling at his pelt as time continued to march on. Howlfire. How was she doing? Was shadowclan's medic truly tending to her with no bias? Was she close to kitting? Had she already kitted? An exasperated sigh explodes from his maw as he finally stops, ears folding back against his helm. The thought of missing the arrival of their kits has his stomach twisting in knots. "I'm supposed to be there with her, she needs me." He states, murmuring to the closest skyclanner hovering nearby. He should have been there by her side, helping to tend to her every need. Tossing his head in the direction where a shadowclanner stood sentry he frowned. "Maybe I could convince them, yeah? Who would deny a worried parent to be?" Surely anyone could sympathize with that. But deep down he knew he wouldn't be permitted access.
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶   skyclan warrior / thirteen moons old / he/him  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

Reactions: Thorny