plain to see [ onyxpaw ]

Feb 23, 2024
HE SAYS, “EITHER WAY THEY BOTH LEAD TO DEATH” — usually when the apprentices brought lunch, she was on her fourth or fifth big nap of the day. those big naps usually lasted around half an hour to a full hour, and she usually woke up by the commotion of kits spilling over each other and the smell of the freshest kills in the pile. this time, she slept through the initial commotion and woke up to the sound of leechkit and mantiskit shouting that they wanted a snipe. blinking her green eyes open, she groaned and kicked her feet as she rolled onto her back, staring up through her tuft of chest fur as it puffed up.

"hi, onyxpaw." she greeted, kicking her feet like she was swimming in the air to roll onto her other side, the side she'd been sleeping on completely flat. her mother started to lick her fluff back into place and the kitten whined as she tried to push away the face of her mother. "mommy stoppppp, the appwentices awe hewe, youw embawassing me!" she complained and stretched her butt up to stretch her little spine out. the tip of her tail wiggled and waggled, and she waddled her way back into a stand. "can i have a wat?"

• wye3c6qnlg4.png
    chocolate tortie / fawn chimera with low white, green eyes
    3 moons old; ages the 24th every month
    orient. unknown ; currently not looking
    daughter of eggskip and blazeclaw
    kit of shadowclan
    easy to befriend ; trust gained very easily
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH — Out of all the apprentice duties that she had to attend to now, Onyxpaw's favorite was by far bringing food to the kits and queens in the nursery. It was simple and didn't make her feel like she was stumbling over her own paws the whole time, plus she got to chat with enthusiastic kits that were always eager to ask her questions about her training. Granted, she wasn't always glad to answer them, but... well, that wasn't anything for them to worry about. Nor was the temporary grimace on her face as she carried prey into the den, wishing that at least just one of the kills was her own.

Slugkit was the first of the scattered kittens to grab her attention, though her words dragged the apprentice away from dropping a snipe at Leechkit and Mantiskit's paws. "Hi Slugkit, you look very chipper today." It was a little bit of a joke at the younger chimera's expense, very used to seeing her blinking grogginess from her eyes whenever Onyxpaw came in. "I think I have a rat somewhere with me..." She twisted around, nosing through the little pile she had brought before she found a rat from the Carrionplace that wasn't practically bigger than Slugkit herself. She nodded to Eggskip as she pushed it towards the kit, chuckling at how the queen didn't stop with her grooming. "My mama used to do that to me all the time too, you know. She still does it now, I'm just out of camp more often..." Her mother and father had never really stopped with their fussing over their only remaining kit, only more worried about her now that she wasn't confined to the safety of camp.

• 75034637_eiCvVhxv9vQNT6l.png
    shorthaired tortoiseshell point and chocolate point chimera with blue eyes
    5 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; crushing on yellowpaw
    daughter of monarchroot and sleetjaw
    shadowclan born; silently loyal to her home
    difficult to befriend; shy to most except yellowpaw

YOUR MOOD IS LIKE A CIRCUS — the girl gives a mighty snarl at her mother, shakes out her fur and kicks her mom's leg like a disgruntled rabbit. of course, the little one is hardly scary. she puffed out her chest as she pouted, pinned her ears back, but it seemed to do nothing to get here mother to knock off her grooming. the girl gave up. "i'm sleepy. but i'm hungwiew." she told the apprentice, watching as she searched for a rat.

once it came into view, the girl jumped a little, excited to finally have a meal. sleeping so much could make a girl real hungry and all that. she dug right in, tearing off little chunks of the rat and holding it down with her paw. she made little ahm ahm ahm noises as she chewed. "doesn't it get annoying?" she asked, trying to eat around a rib. "youw big now! you dont need gwooming!"

• wye3c6qnlg4.png
    chocolate tortie / fawn chimera with low white, green eyes
    3 moons old; ages the 24th every month
    orient. unknown ; currently not looking
    daughter of eggskip and blazeclaw
    kit of shadowclan
    easy to befriend ; trust gained very easily