pafp Play pretend || o. Storytelling

Fadingpaw

So many ways to see the sunrise
Apr 10, 2024

[ ༻ ☼ ༺ ] As Fadingkit continued to explore the camp and meeting new cats as well as getting a better understanding of how clan life ran around her, the more and more brave she got in approaching the adults. Some of them were nice, and tolerated her presence compared to her own parents, but that was okay! She was making friends and that was all that mattered. Now, Saffronpounce was now another new face added in her collection of warriors she had seen around or had interacted with and, he seemed serious so, Fadingkit had decided to come up with a game.

Wobbling over the small she-kit stood in front of the other, wiggling her stubby tail a bit while blue eyes glowed brightly. "Mister Saffronpounce! Please help me with this story...a story about the sun and the moon and how they were friends" she said gently a hopeful look in her gaze in him agreeing to her silly little story telling idea, besides it would be fun and maybe Saffronpounce would learn to be less serious and actually have some fun. "I can start if you want or... or do you want to start?" not even giving the tom a chance to say ',[' to her silly little proposal.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Fadingkit She/Her, Kit of Thunderclan, 3 moons.
    Stocky short flame point tabby she-kit with blue eyes and stubby tail, one floppy ear
    Crimsonsun x Shadedmoon
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

@SAFFRONPOUNCE !!

sffzQQz.png

I THINK I'LL TAKE MY WHISKEY NEAT — The young warrior had been relaxing and was enjoying his current free time before he went to join any patrols, he had found a cool spot in camp where sunlight peeks through the leaves of the trees. He grooms his coat carefully while humming a soft tune under his breath but pauses when the irritating mewls of a kit rudely interrupted him. She asks him to help her make a story about the moon and sun being friends which he finds very stupid... What a dumb concept. A part of him is tempted to tell the kitten to go elsewhere and play with her denmates just so she'd stop bothering him but Fadingkit didn't even give him the chance to reject her new game. He tries to hide his frustration with a pseudo smile, perked ears, and his tail curling around his side so that he's, at least, comfortable while he tries to make up a story about the moon and sun. "What an interesting story that would be, hm?" Saffronpounce mumbles with false amusement but the way his expression stays and how he keeps himself composed, it's easy to fool anyone even a kitten.

Simpleton. He thinks before sitting up slightly and straightening his posture does he clear his throat only to tap his chin thoughtfully with his white toed paw. "Perhaps you should start us off so I can get an idea for my own part." Saffron says with a small incline of their helm only to tilt it to the side awaiting for Fadingkit to begin so that he may follow afterwards just with a lot less effort. Where are her parents? Why couldn't she pester them? His thoughts wander rather bitterly as he briefly glances over to the warriors den then focuses his attention onto Fadingkit once more and offers her a faint smile whilst trying not to grimace. If anymore kits end up joining... Great Starclan, he would tear out his fur or better yet, Crimsonsun and Shadedmoon's pelts for not watching over their own brood. The thought is enough to bring his spirits up and cheer him up in the slightest, it was only fair.

aCUWOuT.png

• Oc2OCKU.png
    longhaired seal lynx sepia w/golden eyes
    saffron's not a very friendly cat, has low tolerance, and no space for mistakes. he has a distaste for kittypets, both within his clan and outside of it, and he isn't shy to show it.
    25 moons old; ages the 21st of every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; has no current crushes
    currently mentoring ...
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

An ear angling towards his clanmates, he picks up on Fadingkit speaking to Saffronpounce. Even if the dark-furred warrior can easily hide how they feel from a kit, it's easier for Butterflyskip to read them. He's no expert, of course, but the twinge of annoyance in the twitch of the small cat's whiskers and the glint of dismay in their eyes before masking it is hard to miss. He knows that he isn't Saffron's favorite cat by any means, but it's surely still warranted to help him out in this situation, as it was one that he clearly seemed to not want to be in, while Butterfly didn't mind interacting with kits at all - actually, he rather enjoyed it. Their antics were a breath of fresh air when things were very tense in the clan for one reason or another, and keeping the kits entertained gave him something else to focus on.

So instead of heading to the warriors den, the large cream-and-ginger warrior heads for the others, sitting down beside Saffronpounce in the shade, smiling subtly in acknowledgement with a slight dip of his head towards the other warrior. His focus is mostly on Fadingkit and her request, though, having overheard the conversation as he had been walking by. "A story about the sun and the moon?" He meows, gaze and voice equally soft as he speaks to the little she-kit, "would it be alright if I helped, too? I think I've got a few ideas," he adds with a purr, sending a quick glance toward Saffronpounce - quick enough that it was easy to miss if they weren't watching.