private playground [ crappie ]

koispots

shipwrecked.
Oct 10, 2022

Crappies a friend of hers, no matter how brash they may seem- they're vibrant in the way they talk, which means Koi didn't have to struggle to carry the conversation, which also means by association she likes him. But... Unfortunately, they have not hung out anytime soon, and Koi being Koi wants to change that, even if shes scared to. Earlier, she had gone out with some warriors to help collect some new moss for the nests and she ended up collecting more than needed. Whats better than a game of mossball to soothe the nerves?

She makes her way out of the apprentice den after rolling it up and bunching it together, ensuring it would not fall apart with just a couple swings. She holds it in her jaws as she looks around camp, thumping a paw in anxiety as she usually does, before she spots her victim. He's nearby and quickly she comes over, dropping the mossball at their paws with wide eyes of slight fear and excitement. "H- Hi! Do you want.. want to play with me?" she fights back the shake in her voice, offering a sheepish looking smile towards them. Hopefully, just hopefully, they'd accept.

// @CRAPPIEPAW
"speech"​

The tortoiseshell apprentice lives in a state of near-constant irritation that stems from the reckless and carefree actions of their fellow apprentices. Breaking rules seems to be a game for some of them, although it becomes much less fun when someone alerts the warriors of the clan to the unruly apprentices who are shirking their duties. There are a few young cats who Crappiepaw does like, though, including Fernpaw, Iciclepaw, Forestkit, and—well, Koipaw. "Hi, Koipaw," they greet the she-cat, all harshness gone from their face. She seems nervous, but she shouldn’t be; they’re friends, Crappie thinks.

Bright green eyes travel downward, gaze landing upon the mossball that Koipaw has brought with her. It rests near his own white paws where she’s dropped it, and he blinks at it. "Oh, mossball," he murmurs, pawing at the ball. After a moment of staring, a smile finally crosses his maw. "Yeah, I wanna play! That sounds fun. I’m not very good at it, though, so you might have to go easy on me." He scoops the mossball into a paw, tossing it gently toward the other calico apprentice.
[ FORTUNE LOVES THE BOLD ]

She blinks happily as he greets her, offering a shy smile. He's very nice, Koi knows she shouldn't be afraid (talking to people is so hard). She shuffles her paws as he stares at the mossball, heat rises to her cheeks at the chance of possible rejection. He, however, excitedly agrees and she smiles once more (theres a purr rumbling in the back of her throat, thank the Stars he said yes).

He scoops it up, talks about going easy on him and she giggles. They're funny, almost all of the kits mastered the art of mossball. He tosses it and she raises a paw, outstretched, smacking it back towards him with another giggle. "I think- think you'll beat me." playful banter, right? She doesn't exactly know how to do so, but she likes the sound of it. "So... how has your- your day been?"
"speech"​

As Koipaw slaps the ball back toward him, Crappiepaw shifts quickly to one side, barely managing to snatch the mossball with his claws. He drags it closer to himself, keeping a paw on it as he responds with a grin. "Oh, are we gonna argue about who’s worse?" It’s playful, slightly teasing, still holding the ball hostage between his paws. He knows he’s bad at this game, with terrible coordination, but Koipaw says she thinks he’ll beat her. And isn’t this the best way to play a game—with both participants being terrible at said game?

Crappie snorts when the she-cat asks about their day; a mundane question, compared to the activity of playing with the mossball. "My day’s been… eh, boring ‘til now. My mentor’s super boring, I think that’s why he doesn’t have any friends." And then, as though they haven’t just practically called their mentor a loser, Crappiepaw slaps a paw against the mossball, sending it back toward Koipaw. The action is accompanied by a sharp sniffle, and he rubs a white paw across his nose. "How about you? Do you do stuff with your mentor?"
[ FORTUNE LOVES THE BOLD ]