camp PLAYTIME IN TOYLAND - toys / prompt

CINDERPAW.

SPARKLING STEPS
Jul 5, 2023
Amidst the sickness and all the tragedy, Cinderkit was, admittedly, a little worried about the future. Did the Clans do something wrong? Was StarClan mad at them? She didn't know and it scared her. She was not one to roughhouse, and she hoped that maybe her distaste for such close contact would protect her from falling ill.

Besides, she was about to become an apprentice, she needed to save her energy for that!

"Hey everyone, I brought some toys!"

Ears perking up, Cinderkit looked towards the entrance of the nursery, watching as some of the other kittens approached the daylight warrior, Davidfoot, and the things he had brought. She stayed back, glancing at the spoils - there were only about four or so, and there were at least four kittens already intrigued by them. They were all younger than her, they deserved to play with them.

"Cinderkit, don't you want to play too?" Davidfoot called to her, and Cinderkit frowned. Maybe she did want to play but... she had already made up her mind.

"I'm okay! I'll let everyone else play." she meowed. Besides, it was fun to watch the littler kits play. And nobody wanted to play with boring Cinderkit, so didn't like to playfight or roughhouse, right?

Even if that stung a bit...

// prompt: A Daylight Warrior brings new toys in one day for the kittens to play with: the problem is, there aren't enough of them to go around! How would Cinderkit navigate this situation? Would she look out for herself? Would she ensure that there is fairness among her peers? Or would she do something else?

"Speech"

SPREADING JOY WITH MY LOVE

IMG_0523.png

FIGFEATHER

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
”Luckily, daylight warriors aren’t the only warriors who bear toys!” Playfully Figfeather competes with Davidfoot as she kicks over a ball of moss. It rolls against the grass until it meets the paws of Cinderkit, one of the older kits left without a toy to play. ”Nothing beats a mossball. Bet you can’t kick it past me.” Amber eyes glint with challenge.

It was becoming a bit of a regular occurrence for the daylight warriors to bring their strange "toys" from their homes with them to the clan. Whilst Howlfire didn't have an issue with it - so long as they took them home afterwards - she did admit some of the objects were a little odd to look at. When Davidfoot brings in his little haul, several of the younger kits are quick to gather, curious at the gifts he had brought with him.

Whilst there seemed to be plenty for the kits to be entertained with, Howlfire did note that one of the older kits, Cinderkit hung back opting to let the younger kits play first. To combat this, Figfeather invited the young kit to play mossball. "Move fast and kick it between her legs!" Howlfire encouraged.

Angry at all the things I can't change
The little trinkets daylight warriors brought in from time to time were something he would never get used to. Thankfully they took their beloved treasures home with them once their curfews were up. He could only imagine how cluttered camp would become if that were not the case. Regardless, Coyotecrest watches silently as Davidfoot offers his toys for the kittens to play with. All but one flock around the tom's paws eagerly. Cinderkit hangs back watching the other kittens wistfully until Figfeather invites her to a game of moss ball. His whiskers twitch with amusement as Howlfire pipes up, offering a way to undermine the marmalade warrior. "I wouldn't be so sure about that. I personally trained Figfeather to be one of the swiftest cats these pines have ever seen. Getting that moss past her won't be easy." Coyotecrest chuckles, lifting his head from his paws.
When you're lost in the universe don't lose faith

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
The daylight warriors tend to bring all sort of odd trinkets from their twoleg nests for the kits to play with, and it seems that Davidfoot is no exclusion.

Some of these gifts catch Greeneyes' gaze with their odd glinting, an urge to sneak some of the shinier toys back to his nest - to set among his collection of oddities. One that he often pushes down - he's no kittypet, of course; he doesn't need to keep stolen kittypet objects next to his other findings.

Still, as Davidfoot gathers the kits, the warrior's gaze shifts over to the gifts he brings out of curiosity. His line of sight doesn't stay in search of glimmering objects for long, catching onto a lone kit sitting on the sidelines instead. Cinderkit - one of the older kits - watches the younger kits play, a longing gaze held in sky-hued eyes.

And it's Greeneyes' sister who saves the day with a mossball, tossing it over to the gray-furred kit. Red ears twitch as he turns to look at her, amusement growing at Howlfire's encouragement, Coyotecrest's own words.

"Come on, Cinderkit!" he cheers, crooked tail idly thumping against the ground as he adds into any attempts to encourage the kit to play with Figfeather, "You've got this!"

Not too long after she had resigned herself to the fate of just watching, warriors arrive with a toy of their own - a mossball. At first, Cinderkit hesitated - why would they all spend so much time encouraging her? But she took a deep breath and swatted at the mossball, aiming to shoot it between Figfeather's legs, just as she was instructed to. "Okay!"

Her eyes glimmered with excitement as she did so, a rush of delight welling up inside her, reminding her of when she was just a little bit smaller and more naïve. Back then, there was no yellowcough, and she was free to just live her life as she pleased without much care, just hoping that maybe she'd be made an apprentice earlier for trying to be helpful.

She was glad that those efforts were fruitless. Even so close to her ceremony now, her kittenhood still had some fun to be had.

"Speech"

SPREADING JOY WITH MY LOVE

• Love
Reactions: FIGFEATHER